• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

rNilla

How come sometimes the "collect X drops from killing enemies" bounties just refuse to drop anything no matter how many enemies I kill? Shit is dumb.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Do Hawkian's guides for post-20 leveling still apply? I convinced my wife to let me open my Christmas present early and I'm itching to dive in.

Unrelated: The Last of Us is amazing. /sogood.gif
Hmm, for the most part they do. I should make an addendum guide.

The basic principles all still apply. Here are some Cliff's notes for what's diifferent and what's the same:

1) A brand new/upgraded (so max 36 light) exotic helm is still the best thing you can get early on. It will go a long way toward getting you to the upper levels.

2) Gear from the vendor is more valuable than before- it can take you all the way to level 31 when maxed, so coming from 20 each piece counts for more.

However, the costs I have listed have changed a bit. Gloves and boots cost 75 marks; chest and helm pieces cost 75 and 120 respectively, but also require 1 Vanguard Commendation, earned from ranking up in Vanguard Reputation. Another reason an Exotic helm is the way to go at first!

3) There was only one path to 30 when I made my guides. Now, there are many ways to get there and beyond. While you're making your way up from 20, don't rule out IB gear or VoG gear just because it can't get you to 31 or 32.

Am_I_Evil

anyone doing the entire Crota raid tonight with an available slot (PS4)? Just beat Crota with a checkpoint but haven't run the whole thing from the beginning.

31 Hunter...now with Black Hammer...

PSN: Am_I_Evil

PS: Thanks a bunch to the Crota group i just ran with...that was great...

Renta

Banned
my ship looks like Optimus Prime lol

l5H1dVR.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere, what level do you need to be to do the new DLC story missions? Already feeling the pain of being locked out of the daily story/daily strike/weekly strike. Guess their plan to force non dlc owners hands is working lol.
The Normal versions are 25 or 26. The Heroic versions are all 30 which is why it's the only option for the Dailies.

All I need is the Hawkmoon, Raid Sniper, and Raid Rockets. Please RNG bless my 3 Hunters with these drops. Leveling up my raid gear and exotic helmet. At this pace I should be level 32 in two more weeks (either I'll have enough raid shards or I can also transfer energy into shards and have enough).

Deku Tree

No worries man! Definitely miss you in the party but I understand.

I completely agree about PSN. You know you can feel a bit jealous when someone has the weapon you want or got a sweet drop in Destiny? That's how I feel about people who can actually access their messages on PSN.

Yup. I tried to send you guys several messages today and all of them failed to send over and over again.

ocean

Banned
It was tuesday, it's in the OP. was just neglected unfortunately.
I think people's behavior in this regard was stellar for those critical first days though. By now I guess anybody who hasn't run isn't too concerned about being blind though?

X-Frame

CE Raid, 1st Phase:

Is everyone speccing for maximum Agility during this phase? I would think that maxing Agility for your class, and carrying something like the MIDA with it's movement boost & Agility boost perk would be great for being able to move from lantern to lantern before the debuff hits x10. Thoughts?

I know PSN messages are crap right now, so just letting everyone know we still have 3 spots to fill for a VoG Hard Raid that will start around 8:45pm EST.

Waiting on: rNilla, Born2Live, and Westonianb. After 8:45 the spots will start getting filled to first come first serve.

CornDogg

anyone doing the entire Crota raid tonight with an available slot (PS4)? Just beat Crota with a checkpoint but haven't run the whole thing from the beginning.

31 Hunter...now with Black Hammer...

PSN: Am_I_Evil

PS: Thanks a bunch to the Crota group i just ran with...that was great...

Would also like to know. Haven't been able to go through it yet and was hoping to give it a go sometime this weekend.

Jumped into helping a buddy with weekly and nightfall but gotta give props to iRAWR and the rest of the gang that took me on my 2nd CE run today. Crota dropped the rocket launcher for me that time. Gonna be nice to have a legendary option that acts as a kinda like Gjallarhorn.

Edit: I'm game for run number 3 tomorrow if any group has an opening.

Deku Tree

CE Raid, 1st Phase:

Is everyone speccing for maximum Agility during this phase? I would think that maxing Agility for your class, and carrying something like the MIDA with it's movement boost & Agility boost perk would be great for being able to move from lantern to lantern before the debuff hits x10. Thoughts?

You can do that and it would help but I didn't worry about it at all and I was fine the whole way.

ocean

Banned
CE Raid, 1st Phase:

Thought about this but honestly
staying together is probably more important than moving quickly. Unless the entire group is doing this going too far ahead of the group might not be that great an advantage I think.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think people's behavior in this regard was stellar for those critical first days though. By now I guess anybody who hasn't run isn't too concerned about being blind though?
it definitely was nice to see in those first few days. Not altogether sure what you mean about "too concerned"; I'm not going to throw a hissy fit or bring my group down when we're trying to work it out, but I had what I take to be nearly the full final boss fight spoiled for me today. I am very thankful the initial half of the raid was not.

Considering the huge spread of play habits this game has, I thought 1 week was a pretty reasonable measure... we sorta almost made it.

rNilla made it in, so we still need two more for VoG Hard as alts in case Born2Live and Westonianb don't make it.

Again, this is VoG Heroic at 8:45pm EST.

Korosenai

Needing heavy ammo to beat Crota kind of sucks. I have 95 glimmer, and no synthesis. So downing him is hard unless I get lucky off a couple of ammo drops.

Question about xur and his upgrades.
If I have 2 exotics that are of the same weapon and one is fully upgraded and the other one is not upgraded. Would it be best to dismantle the fully upgraded one and buy the upgrade to the non upgraded one?

Bladelaw

Anyone starting a fresh Crota raid? I'm a 31 hunter with a vex and 300 weapons in the other slots including a dlc ice breaker. PSN is fadeddream

I can join for any part but I haven't done any of it yet.

ocean

Banned
it definitely was nice to see in those first few days. Not altogether sure what you mean about "too concerned"; I'm not going to throw a hissy fit or bring my group down when we're trying to work it out, but I had what I take to be nearly the full final boss fight spoiled for me today. I am very thankful the initial half of the raid was not.

Considering the huge spread of play habits this game has, I thought 1 week was a pretty reasonable measure... we sorta almost made it.
Sorry to hear it was spoiled :/ I was lucky enough to get through the entire thing blind this week, wiping many many many times like I expected. I try to spoilt tag stuff and even explicitly asked for answers to be spoiler tagged when I asked something so I share your sentiment. I just think most people who honestly care about going in blind - purists and true fans - would have been through, if not beat, the entire thing by now. Sadly there's always exceptions like you in this case.

I'll keep spoiler tagging until next week just in case :)

Did you ever write a "get to 20" guide? My Hunter has enough gear to hit 31 but he's stil level 9. I wanna level him so I can run Nightfall and Raids one more time per week. What's the quickest path to 20?

Anyone starting a fresh Crota raid? I'm a 31 hunter with a vex and 300 weapons in the other slots including a dlc ice breaker. PSN is fadeddream

I can join for any part but I haven't done any of it yet.

I'm in for a run too. 31 Hunter, 331 Ballerhorn ready to go. Psn same as GAF handle.

QP3

So, is anyone playing who does not have the expansion?

I have been dabbling for the first time in a few weeks tonight and from some quick internet reading, there isn't much incentive to continue on if you do not own the expansion. Is this true?

milkham

i just discovered that you can press L3 in to sprint and once the sprint has started you can ease off it and continue sprinting, probably going to save me from destroying this controller

LiK

So, is anyone playing who does not have the expansion?

I have been dabbling for the first time in a few weeks tonight and from some quick internet reading, there isn't much incentive to continue on if you do not own the expansion. Is this true?

True

Top Bottom