• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Nodnol

It's weird that the raid didn't have any grimoire. I was looking forward to reading everything.

I've found ghosts in the new story missions loosely related to it all. Other than that? Did VoG even have anything specific? I thought known lore was pieced together from gear description and related Grimoire cards?

Westonian

45 minutes to hit glimmer cap plus 32 axiomatic beads, so ~31,000 glimmer.

Can definitely be sped up to by chaining all the supers together too. Seems like 16 majors at 37 a pop for 592 glimmer per round that can take as little as 30 seconds, ignore the GKeeper and reset.

We've got the Gorgon checkpoint and were going to run it again. Exotic chest, glimmer farm to cap, then finish GK+Atheon real quick for another exotic chance. If anyone wants to join, 3 guys had to leave. PSN is DrDrizzay101

That was way, way faster than Exclusion Zone, and there is no jumping to orbit and back that eats up your glimmer perk timer. Thanks for glimmer and shards. So close to 31...

E92 M3

Or trophies! What a surprise.

I'm actually happy there were no achievements - keeps my ocd in check lol.

I've found ghosts in the new story missions loosely related to it all. Other than that? Did VoG even have anything specific? I thought known lore was pieced together from gear description and related Grimoire cards?

VOG had the lore through the gear, but at least it was lore. I am really curious to learn more about Crota and why he is the undying.

Westonian

New page PSA: One alt spot remaining for VoG Hard that's running at 8:45 pm EST. Haven't heard from our last remaining individual, but PSN is acting up a bit with requests and searches right now.

Sorry about that. Had to take my kids to get dinner. My wife abandoned me tonight for some party.

CREMSteve

That's 2. 4 more for a quick hard VoG?
Looks like that Crota run is full, so I can do a vault run instead. Just waiting for wife to get home from work, should be any minute.

StrykerIsland

Edit - scratch that, sounds like I have a spot for Crota run after all. Good luck!

45 minutes to hit glimmer cap plus 32 axiomatic beads, so ~31,000 glimmer.

Can definitely be sped up to by chaining all the supers together too. Seems like 16 majors at 37 a pop for 592 glimmer per round that can take as little as 30 seconds, ignore the GKeeper and reset.

We've got the Gorgon checkpoint and were going to run it again. Exotic chest, glimmer farm to cap, then finish GK+Atheon real quick for another exotic chance. If anyone wants to join, 3 guys had to leave. PSN is DrDrizzay101

That strat looks awfully familiar, hmm.... haha gg team, glad you got him down! If anyone is serious and wants to do another kill, I want to get a 2 sword kill down. Should be easy with 3 GHorns and people that have some experience.
I'll join if you still got a spot. Capped the glimmer on one of my characters. Need it for my others.

With Exclsion Zone? How else do you reset the cabal dropship? I guess you could allow yourself to get killed, but that actually takes a bit of time. In the VoG we just all jump off a cliff.

What? How do you play the exclusion zone? How does allowing yourself to be killed by all the red enemies from the first ship be slower than going to orbit and coming back in?

forrest

formerly nacire
31 Hunter looking for crota kill, have sword experience, Vex, Icebreaker, etc.

Have Alt Hunter looking for full clear

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, our group just found out something important regarding the first chest you can find in Crota's End. No idea if this is common knowledge yet, but Google search is turning up that everyone seems to be misuderstanding it. So sorry in advance if you guys know about it:

First, the method everyone seems to be aware of:
After you drop down into the darkness, go left and then north, following the path, some distance up the path, to the left is a door, if there's an orange light above the door, there should be a chest there. If there's no light, there's no chest, so you have to wipe and try again.

Now the revised version:
If the chest isn't at that first door, its at OTHER DOORS. Just keep hugging the left wall and you should pass at least two more doors. Check each one for a chest. There's probably other doors than those three, but at least it speeds up the reset process if you have to check three doors as opposed to just one. Also, not quite sure, but I don't recall a light above the other two doors to indicate a chest.

Top Bottom