• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i've had this sniper for months and never really looked at it...
B4zTQTwCAAAN6rL.jpg:large
has field scout too...

BreakJohn

just beat crota 3 times with my crew, i was the designated sword wielder. i feel like i had an amazing haul! got the sniper rifle, the shotgun, and the machine gun.

so just to be sure, is the best possible combo you could do on crota the heavy smash 3 times? or is there something more efficient? every time i picked up the sword we would usually do two sets of three hits so 5-6 hits in all. sometimes i pulled back a hit since its better to be safe than sorry. we managed to beat him once in 3 sword runs, the other times it took 4 i think one even took 5 since he was almost enraged. all in all this is a very fun raid and crota is definitely no pushover. there is so much pressure on the sword user man.. my palms were sweating all night lol.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I-give-up.gif

i just want an orange sniper with unflinching, 6 rounds and 37 ROF. i wish i could customize weapon stats.
I'd put it in your hands if I could, I'm no kind of sniper. though this thing will get me to give it the old college try

Qwell

Well this is very disappointing, I just got a legendary engram and it turned into a Light / Beware ... ok ... that is odd, they don't even sell it even more, but cool a 331 version of Light / Beware
Except it is still only a 300 max version... WTH?

raindoc

Need 2 for crota

Psn: ck716

I'm walking back home, if you can wait 30 mins then I can join and run the sword for you.

guys, wait for dhruv. seriously. I finished Crota three times with him. he's like d'Artagnan with that sword.

Crota down thrice.

Got Black Hammer again.

beat CE with all three of my guardians. got black hammer once, the fusion rifle twice and rest is all shards.
I'm seriously thinking about getting rid of my titan and adding another warlock to soften the grind...

Lima

Well this is very disappointing, I just got a legendary engram and it turned into a Light / Beware ... ok ... that is odd, they don't even sell it even more, but cool a 331 version of Light / Beware
Except it is still only a 300 max version... WTH?

Did you get that legendary engram from the crucible? If so they are bugged and still have the old rewards.

Ohk, yep gonna try keeping people on the left now and try to get him down in 3 sword spawns :-D

Also, how did you take manage the boomer knights?

2 people on tower knight duty all the time, including 2 boomer knights and 1 melee knight from each tower

3 people on kill sword bearer then take down Crota shield duty, can get more DPS from tower team if necessary (but it shouldn't be)

1 super star slicing and dicing

Here is video of the strat I'd developed with people over the week, 2nd sword especially is quite good. 3 swords to kill should be the standard, 2 swords is completely doable with the right group that understands DPS for his shield break

http://youtu.be/8CLP2jet0qw

Need 2 for crota

Psn: ck716

Hey, you're full now, let me know if someone drops and you need a 6th. I"ll gladly help :-D

of have people that will get drops from the raid do it?

PSN PikaPuff

Hmm not sure if i'm reading that right but I'd never ask someone to be kicked for me to join, I'm not that kinda guy :p

guys, wait for dhruv. seriously. I finished Crota three times with him. he's like d'Artagnan with that sword.

Too kind :), how is the fusion rifle?

Nuszka

Looking for a group that want to do CE raid on ps4. It will be my first attempt as work and live only allowed me to get my titan to lvl 31. Over half of my VoG group stopped playing Destiny , lfg is not my thing as i had some bad experiences before. If anyone wants to join or be doing any alt runs pm me. I was thinking of starting about midnight Gmt/4 pm pst/7pm est. Ps id same as gaf id.

raindoc

I actually think the left strategy is better. You can shoot Crota easier and you can see the playing field and maneuver around better.

I am now going to pick up the Ruin Wings but I'll need a chest piece to get to 31 again. Ruin Wings is better for the raid because Heavy Ammo is a must need for the person taking down Crota's shields.
I started off with 26 Heavy Synths and walked away with 8. It wasn't really dropping for me. I don't think you actually need two or more people to take it down. One person with two shots of a fully maxed out Horn is good enough.

(1) left side strategy, someone please explain that one to me.

(2) Are you sure with the two rockets? Because I would've sworn that two missiles leave him (/his shield) with a slither of health. One of our wipes yesterday was caused by that, I'm certain - maybe it's level dependant (31/30)? We didn't have lots of IBs shooting at C either...

(1) left side strategy, someone please explain that one to me.

(2) Are you sure with the two rockets? Because I would've sworn that two missiles leave him with a slither of health. One of our wipes yesterday was caused by that, I'm certain - maybe it's level dependant (31/30)? We didn't have lots of IBs shooting at C either...

(1) http://youtu.be/8CLP2jet0qw

Basically everyone goes left at the start, get the first sword down quickly, get two shield breaks with Crota in the middle, reset back left and heal up, take down second sword when Crota goes back from right to mid, two shield breaks, everyone goes bottom middle for ogres, bust them up quick, wait for Crota to go back from left to mid, everyone goes back up left side, get 3rd sword, two shield breaks either right side or middle, Crota = dead

Left side strat is much better than bottom middle strat

(2) Always better to overkill on the Crota shield. Don't leave anything to chance so the sword bearer can confidently make a very aggressive approach for max damage.

It may be stressful but I do like slicing and dicing.

Haha I wouldn't have 7 kills with 1 loot drop by now if I didn't love it. It really is a blast, probably more fun than anything else in the game for me... too bad the encounter is so dull for everyone else....

BreakJohn

I can stop watching my clutch moment, Holy Shit was my heart racing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3aIjUFtJWM&app=desktop

THIS IS WHY I DESTINY!

Epic is all i can say.

lol one of our wipes was similar to this except that when we dropped his shield as he was running the sword disappeared from my hands right when i was gonna get the last hit! everyone in the party thought i got him and even started dancing but when we all noticed the sword vanished we all freaked out haha, i wasn't even mad made for a great experience.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
xur dealings done with 4 minutes to spare...

holy cow. got ruin wings, achylophage symbiote, voidfang vestments (dismantled old one), helm of saint-14 and knucklehead radar from engrams, upgraded red death, thunderlord, ice breaker, the last word, light beyond nemesis, and somehow mysteriously have an exotic shard left in the vault. truth be told I wouldn't mind upgrading no backup plans and ahamkara's spine too, but they can wait for another day

Destiny.

I leveled my vanguard Monday night, the DLC obviisly came out Tuesday. I missed a vanguard comodation by a day. 1 day and I wouldn't have had to grind all week just to get vendor army to get me to 30.

I just got my weekly and nightfallsmopemed so hopefully the process will go a bit faster now.

Destiny. You are a temptress.

Almost 26, won't get there till next weekend though once the marks cap resets and im back from working away(I leave tomorrow ill Friday).

Thought I would try my luck and made a group on destinylfg saying I am currently 25 looking to do VoG for the first time. Not at all surprised 1hour later no one has bothered to message me :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Destiny.

I leveled my vanguard Monday night, the DLC obviisly came out Tuesday. I missed a vanguard comodation by a day. 1 day and I wouldn't have had to grind all week just to get vendor army to get me to 30.

I just got my weekly and nightfallsmopemed so hopefully the process will go a bit faster now.

Gloves and Boots from the vendor don't require a commendation- you can get to 30 fairly easily with these if you had a decent helm and chest.

Bogeypop

Just realized I spent like 10 minutes doing the "Cleansing Light" bounty and am only 1/4th of the way done. Anyone want to join me on Venus and finish this bounty in 15 minutes rather than almost an hour?

PSN: drassill

EDIT: NVM some random guy is doing the same thing I'm doing so we're helping each other out

If anyone is running a CE or VOG raid, me and a friend are locked and ready.

Two 31 hunters, and would be our first time running CE.

Psn akademik209

Qwell

Did you get that legendary engram from the crucible? If so they are bugged and still have the old rewards.
Yah it from the crucible, doh that sucks, had gotten all excited, should we save up engrams and turn in later has anyone heard?

went ahead and mocked up my ideal pvp sniper. this is not real sadly

SG9eMzg.jpg

eagle eye slr20: longest-range scope
ambush slh25: agile, snappy scope
longview slr10: low-zoom scope

unflinching: easier to aim under fire

custom optics: precision glass for better zoom
quickdraw: can be drawn unbelievably fast
armor piercing rounds: wallhacks

firefly: shoot head, things go boom

i can dream :(

Destiny.

You can avoid that if you can get either a helm or chest exotic, keep one of your old 30 light chest or helms and get new gloves and boots.

I told people to wait for Xur. Shit was so easy. Went from 30 with fresh gear to 31 in only a few hours with just that days bounties.

Jinjo

Seems we are not using spoiler tags anymore for the new raid. Got the Crota boss tactics pretty much spoiled for my blind attempt later today. Thanks guys.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Raid spoilers.

Killed Crota twice in a row as a relic holder. Sometimes he manages to spot me when I'm invisible, any idea why that happens? Do I have to crouch after blink strike?

Seems we are not using spoiler tags anymore for the new raid. Got the Crota boss tactics pretty much spoiled for my blind attempt later today. Thanks guys.

Spoiler tagging had fallen off a while back, especially when people started posting pictures etc. You really shouldn't be reading the OT on Sunday if being completely blind was so important to you.

Edit: Also, feel free to develop your own tactics if you want, you don't have to copy mine.

I know. It's not even been available a week and already spoiler tags have disappeared and people are asking for experienced CE raiders.

maomaoIYP

Just came back from a one week holiday.
I noticed that now you need the DLC for both the weekly and the nightfall. No way to play them if I don't have the DLC. Vanilla dudes are so screwed over, feels really bad man.

I noticed that now you need the DLC for both the weekly and the nightfall. No way to play them if I don't have the DLC. Vanilla dudes are so screwed over, feels really bad man.
Yeah..that has been discussed already :/ don't know if it's only this week. Bungie stated they wanted to showcase the dlc this week.

SkylineRKR

What we do is

keeping the shield lowered with a few guys with VoC's. Then when the sword carrier is ready to rush in we have 2 shooting Gjallarhorn and thats usually enough. But sometimes I didn't shoot mine and then he would stun too late. Dunno the exact DPS but more is better than less.

Bladedancer seems to be the best class finally. Cloak and chill on his platform.

Hmm not sure if i'm reading that right but I'd never ask someone to be kicked for me to join, I'm not that kinda guy :p
I didn't mean anything negative by it either. (I think I'm jealous people already passed it three times tho, I stop at crota or before it until 31)

all my characters will be 31 sometime tomorrow so I should be finishing the raid a few times soon too I hope~!

Weekly and night fall you'll be screwed one week out of every five, hopefully So only once a month.

Still sucks that DLC coming out changes/screws over the normal game.

Top Bottom