• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Deku Tree

Get out of my mind... I was just about to make a post about the new 'loot drop logic'. =p

I did Crota with one of my warlocks and got the fusion rifle. I transferred it over to my other warlock and killed him again and got it again. It wasn't equipped but it was in my inventory. So either it looks at what's equipped or just what THAT character has gotten already.

Oh well, there are only like 5 possible weapon drops, right? Shouldn't take that long to get them all.

Also, I was using a shader and emblem to distinguish my warlocks but chatterbrown and that crota emblem are too dope to pass on. Hopefully I don't get confused on which character did what LOL.

Oh wow. Did you destroy your second fusion drop and get radiant energy? I know now I have two Crota end emblems on two characters and it is harder to distinguish between them... I used to use the emblems to remeber who was who etc.

I have heard of people equipping the emblem on an alt who hasn't defeated Crota and then they didn't get the emblem again but they did get loot. So at least Crota looks at whether you have the emblem equipped and if you do then you don't get another I guess.

Spiders

And he's dead!

10862435_492852247519182_2810554770687197478_o.jpg

ocean

Banned
Is it not himself?
Leving up my Hunter and am playing through the very first missions on Earth. One of them, The Warmind, has us discover that he's not just a myth and that a Warmind did survive the collapse.

Dinklebot goes off to thoughtfully say that it must be protecting something in the Cosmodrome....and then never mentions that again in the entire game.

Rasputin is also mentioned during one of the Mars missions as having taken over the Warmind at Freehold, which is why neither Dinklebot nor the Cabal could hack it.

What the hell is Rasputin up to other than playin funky Russian tunes for a few centuries?

Zakalwe

Banned
God damn it Zakalwe, you just keep finding the noobiest fusion rifles don't you?

Perun's Fire - (Iron Banner)
Hip Fire
Grenadier
Coils

Charge rate is a sliver higher than Plan C

The Trolly Problem - (TDB Legendary)
Hip Fire
Grenadier
Coils

Charge rate is about a third less than Perun's, but much better range/impact.

Light of the Abyss (Crota)
Hip Fire
Kills grant bonus damage
7-8 in the mag

Natural charge rate exact same as my Perun's with coils.

-

Plus Murmur
Plan C
PI

:3

Oh wow. Did you destroy your second fusion drop and get radiant energy? I know now I have two Crota end emblems on two characters and it is harder to distinguish between them... I used to use the emblems to remeber who was who etc.

I have heard of people equipping the emblem on an alt who hasn't defeated Crota and then they didn't get the emblem again but they did get loot. So at least Crota looks at whether you have the emblem equipped and if you do then you don't get another I guess.
I kept it. I'm going to try to max the xp before sharding since you get more that way.

The fusion rifle seems really good in my little time with it. The quick charge rate is really nice. No unique sound like Murmur though :(

Deku Tree

I kept it. I'm going to try to max the xp before sharding since you get more that way.

The fusion rifle seems really good in my little time with it. The quick charge rate is really nice. No unique sound like Murmur though :(

More guns need unique sounds. Definately all raid weapons and exotics need unique sounds.

So is Blackhammer going to replace Icebreaker as the go to sniper? It has higher impact, mulligan, and you can refill the mag automatically after three quick critical hits... Wow! Not guaranteed infinite ammo like icebreaker but still crazy good.

ocean

Banned
More guns need unique sounds. Definately all raid weapons and exotics need unique sounds.

So is Blackhammer going to replace Icebreaker as the go to sniper? It has higher impact, mulligan, and you can refill the mag automatically after three quick critical hits... Wow! Not guaranteed infinite ammo like icebreaker but still crazy good.
Better impact and sustained DPS on crits is one thing but the main perk is being Legendary and not Exotic. I want that sniper more than Gjallarhorn!!

Zakalwe

Banned

Mulligan proc rate is extremely low so I'm not sure it's that great an upgrade, but White Nail is incredible.

It's also not an Exotic

Black Hammer and Gjallarhorn.

idk about replace but it gives gjallarhorn lovers a fantastic complimentary legendary

I still think Hunger of Crota and Icebreaker is a slightly better combo

No, if you're accurate the black hammer is the best sniper rifle bar none. Not only does it hit harder than the icebreaker but the refill is instant and there is no recoil. So you can just keep banging away with ridiculous crits forever on some enemies. You can solo
the two hallowed ogres during the crota fight for example

Deku Tree

We can definitely scale standard enemy types, and do, but for special encounters the team creates new geometry, shaders and effects, encounter mechanics, sound effects, etc.

What you're seeing in the prologue is one of Crota's forms. We'll have some more info dropping soon, but we'll be pretty tight lipped about the Raid and Raid boss for obvious reasons.

So how many forms does Crota have now?

raindoc

Disappointed my warlock got no gear at all during his run yesterday :(

Ran it with all three Guardians. Didn't get a single piece.
I wouldn't mind the mats at this point, but I really, really hate the look of every single piece of my Warlock's 31 armor.

EDIT: Any chance we will be able to upgrade our old IB gear to 33 in the next event? I really like those gauntlets.

Omni

Beat Crota raid for the second time tonight. Got the shotgun this time

Really want that Sniper. Always next week I guess

hydruxo

Once you get Perfect Balance on Black Hammer you never have to reload again as long as you've got good aim. Its good wothout perfect balance but with it its awesome. Not much room for error with the 3 round mag though, you miss one and don't get the mag refill. Such a fun gun to use.

Everyone seriously needs to retire EZ glimmer farming, it's awful. Normal Gate Keepers is so much better, its crazy.

In two hours, I made almost 100,000 glimmer yesterday (hit the cap 3x, and have 105 axiomatic beads in storage). Plus you can get a lot of good XP and exotic weapon drop chances. It's the only way to go.
What mission or strike is this?

CREMSteve

Well we made it to
Crota
not bad for a bunch of first timers. Only got shards up to that point though. Hopefully we'll be able to finish it tomorrow.
Sorry I had to bail, I was sooooo tired. :( Run was a lot of fun though, definitely up for trying it again.

Got the exotic bounty for SGA this morning which requires Xur, 2 min after Xur left :/

On the flip side, feels good to be lvl 31+. I was stuck at 29 for weeks.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Unupgraded Suros Regime at 302 attack? Yup, never gonna upgrade it ever. Made a mistake earlier but Xur gave me a second chance.

SkylineRKR

I love Crota's End. Finally something where Hunters shine. I feel I am at an advantage at the first phase, and Crota, well, Hunters rule that fight for sure.

Unupgraded Suros Regime at 302 attack? Yup, never gonna upgrade it ever. Made a mistake earlier but Xur gave me a second chance.

Yeah I love it. I always thought FF was for the better but I seem to kill easier in Crucible now. On PvE enemies its also higher DPS. I wonder if the 29 extra damage is worth it in the end. Especially with GHF nerfed.

ocean

Banned
I've read a lot of people wanting to keep their SUROS unupgraded to prevent the slower fire rate when scoped but I don't get it.

Without its upgrades SUROS Regime is just a regular Auto Rifle and not worth the Exotic slot at all I think. It's basically a Shadow Price / Vanquisher equivalent that uses your Exotic Slot? I mean the high damage scope, Hammer Forged range and extra damage on second half of the clip are what sets the weapon apart I think.

Top Bottom