• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

NastyBook

Just did the weekly solo.

That. Was. Horseshit.
I got invited into that garbage the other night. I love how there's no conceivable way to be in the room with Omnigul at all. You're literally forced to stay outside of it and take potshots every so often. I can't wait until I finish this Thorn bounty, so I can cap that stupid hag with DoT shots in comfort.

So, my net went down (sorry arrosev) and no-one's picking up the helpline.
Internet is the first thing that goes down during a zombie apocalypse right?

I got invited into that garbage the other night. I love how there's no conceivable way to be in the room with Omnigul at all. You're literally forced to stay outside of it and take potshots every so often. I can't wait until I finish this Thorn bounty, so I can cap that stupid hag with DoT shots in comfort.
two people jump into the second floor closet behind her. one stands on the black crystals out of the way and safe, the other in plain sight shooting omnigul. whenever that person dies, the hiding person immediately revives him. Repeat until omnigul is dead

I didn't mean anything negative by it either. (I think I'm jealous people already passed it three times tho, I stop at crota or before it until 31)

all my characters will be 31 sometime tomorrow so I should be finishing the raid a few times soon too I hope~!

I'll gladly help if I get a stable connection -.-

So, my net went down (sorry arrosev) and no-one's picking up the helpline.
Internet is the first thing that goes down during a zombie apocalypse right?
world war z book
internet pretty much went down last. internet nerds stayed on the internet for two months + not even knowing how bad it was getting outside, as slowly their forum friends stopped posting one by one~

On top of it being an impossible room to fight in, even if you do get a decent shot lined up on Omnigul, she will just scurry away. So even if you think you have a shot...you don't. She's just so agile. I throw a sticky grenade and she just matrix dodges that shit like it's nothing. And she has a goddamn shield along with being a sponge. It's a true nightmare. I don't even think Bungie bothered to play this strike.

Izuna

Banned
I have an Xbone checkpoint for the final Raid boss.

Please message me so I can get a group running. I know the strat but randoms don't like to have patience...

1. Izuna Lasky

I didn't mean anything negative by it either. (I think I'm jealous people already passed it three times tho, I stop at crota or before it until 31)

all my characters will be 31 sometime tomorrow so I should be finishing the raid a few times soon too I hope~!

31 only matters for the sword, the rest of the team can be 29s honestly. I've run sword with anything from 4 to 0 other Lv31s in the group and it doesn't make a difference. If people understand the encounter and execute the strat well then the levels won't matter.

anyone on PS4 up for doing the raid right now or has a open slot? I'm trying to get in on it before the reset.

Crota's End raid? If so, I'd be up for it if we can find a full group.

Anyone have the CP for after Bridge/Gatekeeper in Crota's End? That chest is the only one I've yet to get.

If not I can help push through with my Level 30 Warlock but will need to switch character out to get that one chest. Have a 300 Gjallarhorn.

I'd go for a CE run from the beginning. Any groups? Lvl 30 titan her. PSN: Hzoltan969

If you, me, TheRook and Phaethon want to get a group started we could bust it out real quick. I'd do first part with my Lv30 Hunter but then could switch to either 31 Titan or Warlock. Can run sword for Crota too, done it many times.

Edit: Sounds like we might even have 5 now w/ Noisepurge... I can start anytime.

Ambitious

I'm fine with doing strikes over and over to get engrams. For the most part, I don't even mind farming materials.

But farming glimmer in the exclusion zone is one of the dullest, mind-numbing things I ever did in this game.

SkylineRKR

I'm fine with doing strikes over and over to get engrams. For the most part, I don't even mind farming materials.

But farming glimmer in the exclusion zone is one of the dullest, mind-numbing things I ever did in this game.

They took away mats farming, but now everything cost Glimmer.

Everyone seriously needs to retire EZ glimmer farming, it's awful. Normal Gate Keepers is so much better, its crazy.

In two hours, I made almost 100,000 glimmer yesterday (hit the cap 3x, and have 105 axiomatic beads in storage). Plus you can get a lot of good XP and exotic weapon drop chances. It's the only way to go.

Crota's End PS4 Raid to start as soon as we have 6:

1.) Boguester (PSN: DrDrizzay101)
2.) TheRook (confirm?)
3.) Phaethon0017 (confirm?)
4.) Hzoltan969
5.) Noisepurge
6.) ?

If you, me, TheRook and Phaethon want to get a group started we could bust it out real quick. I'd do first part with my Lv30 Hunter but then could switch to either 31 Titan or Warlock. Can run sword for Crota too, done it many times.

Edit: Sounds like we might even have 5 now w/ Noisepurge... I can start anytime.

i'm ready to go :D

CLBridges

Everyone seriously needs to retire EZ glimmer farming, it's awful. Normal Gate Keepers is so much better, its crazy.

In two hours, I made almost 100,000 glimmer yesterday (hit the cap 3x, and have 105 axiomatic beads in storage). Plus you can get a lot of good XP and exotic weapon drop chances. It's the only way to go.

2.) TheRook (confirm?)
4.) Hzoltan969
5.) Noisepurge
6.) ?

After a short sleep, I'm up and would like to get down on Crota. PSN: GhostFaceDon

2.) TheRook (confirm?)
4.) Hzoltan969
5.) Noisepurge
6.) ?

I'm good to go now if you still have room. Level 31 Titan, PSN bitofadrizzle

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Getting Crota's Bane to rank 3 will be lovely. Now all those black idols can be turned into heavy synth. No more wasting glimmer for that.

Ambitious

2.) TheRook (confirm?)
4.) Hzoltan969
5.) Noisepurge
6.) ?

How exactly does this work?

raindoc

Getting Crota's Bane to rank 3 will be lovely. Now all those black idols can be turned into heavy synth. No more wasting glimmer for that.

Yeah, it will be awesome. Initially. Once those idols we collected until now are spent, I don't think it will be that useful a feature since idols do not drop that frequently. We'll be farming Glimmer again.

JonCha

Downloaded the trial yesterday. The gunplay is very, very good - even with the shitty weapons you get in the beginning, Equally, going back to the same area back to back is a bummer. I'm hoping that trial at least gives me one mission in a new environment.

Edit: found it takes me to level 7, so like the beta. Hmmmm ...

Pretty good weekend
- Updated The Last Word from nightfall
- Updated Thorn from Xur
- Updated Knucklehead Radar
- Hardlight (Shard)
- Obsidian Mind (Shard)
- Glasshouse (Shard)
- Cryptarch package gave me Ruin Wings (Shard)
- Black Hammer
- CE Hunter Chest

Thanks to all the gaffers involved!
Could not have done it without you guys.

Thorn is crazy good maxed.

Deku Tree

Yesterday's daily with lightswitch and constant thawls, cursed thrawls, and Knights was a major pain to try solo in the final area. No place to hide really

Seems we are not using spoiler tags anymore for the new raid. Got the Crota boss tactics pretty much spoiled for my blind attempt later today. Thanks guys.

In all honesty this is a situation of thinking you know it instead of actually knowing the strat. Trust me the devil is in the details and it'll still take you quite a few tries to figure the entire encounter and the timing windows out. It's not as bad as you think it is.

Got one of the new fusion rifles from a legendary engram: The Trolley Problem

Max impact, but only four rounds (with no enhanced battery perk). Works like a charm. Can take a break from using Murmur. Only wish it came with void damage

Deku Tree

I have a theory that About the Crota End loot drops. I think they look at what your character already got and somehow make it unlikely that you will get duplicates. But I also think that they either look at the inventory of your character or at least look at what your character has equipped and they don't give you dupes. It seems like they don't look at the previous drops of your alts. so it might be worth it to transfer your drops to your current character when raiding... At least until we figure out how the loot drops work better.

Zakalwe

Banned
Got one of the new fusion rifles from a legendary engram: The Trolley Problem

Max impact, but only four rounds (with no enhanced battery perk). Works like a charm. Can take a break from using Murmur. Only wish it came with void damage

I have this with accelerated coils, hipfire, and grenadier. It has slower charge rate than my Perun's/Abyss, but it can one shot from the hip at rage inducing ranges in pvp.

It's in my top three atm.

Zakalwe

Banned
Tell me more.

Go to gatekeepers.
Ignore gatekeeper.
Pop a Polyphage consumable.
Run to the left staying together as a group.
Sweep round via the centre platform where the gatekeeper spawns and back past the right hand portal.
Kill all yellow bars making sure to remember the four that hide behind the right portal.
Killing two yellow bars with a single super generates 8 orbs.
Use orbs to chains supers.

Can do the run in 40 seconds or so. 592 glimmer per run.

You may have to kill the GK after the first loop to reset your spawn to inside the chamber.

-

Do the mobs inside the right portal generate glimmer? Might take too long to get the portal up to be efficient though.

Deku Tree

What is your Eris rank? Is there any way to grind Eris rank other than doing her bounties every day? How fast can I rank up to three with Eris? Thanks!

What is your Eris rank? Is there any way to grind Eris rank other than doing her bounties every day? How fast can I rank up to three with Eris? Thanks!

My Eris rank is one, zero, and zero for each of my alts. No other way than doing the bounties. I don't know but most likely not very fast.

I have this with accelerated coils, hipfire, and grenadier. It has slower charge rate than my Perun's/Abyss, but it can one shot from the hip at rage inducing ranges in pvp.

It's in my top three atm.

God damn it Zakalwe, you just keep finding the noobiest fusion rifles don't you?

FINALLY completed the PvP part of the Thorn bounty,feels good! I don't think I could of done it without Atheons Epilogue, the only Void Fusion Rifle I have is 77 Wizard which is too slow for PvP really. Could do with a Light/BEWARE in Void, but I guess I'll now be holding out for one of the new ones with that element.

I have a theory that About the Crota End loot drops. I think they look at what your character already got and somehow make it unlikely that you will get duplicates. But I also think that they either look at the inventory of your character or at least look at what your character has equipped and they don't give you dupes. It seems like they don't look at the previous drops of your alts. so it might be worth it to transfer your drops to your current character when raiding... At least until we figure out how the loot drops work better.
Get out of my mind... I was just about to make a post about the new 'loot drop logic'. =p

I did Crota with one of my warlocks and got the fusion rifle. I transferred it over to my other warlock and killed him again and got it again. It wasn't equipped but it was in my inventory. So either it looks at what's equipped or just what THAT character has gotten already.

Oh well, there are only like 5 possible weapon drops, right? Shouldn't take that long to get them all.

Also, I was using a shader and emblem to distinguish my warlocks but chatterbrown and that crota emblem are too dope to pass on. Hopefully I don't get confused on which character did what LOL.

Tell me more.

Yeah, basically what astro said. You can do rounds in probably 30-35 seconds if you really plan your supers well. It's super fast, literally running almost the entire loop annihilating the suckers.

You do get glimmer in the right portal but like you said I'm pretty sure your glimmer/sec still decreases.

Top Bottom