• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

SkylineRKR

Can cross Ballerhorn off the list, its 331 now. Went somewhat quick. Now I guess its either IB or TLW, didn't even want to Xur my TLW but I found it, lol. And yeah, still ended up sharding my old one.

I've read a lot of people wanting to keep their SUROS unupgraded to prevent the slower fire rate when scoped but I don't get it.

Without its upgrades SUROS Regime is just a regular Auto Rifle and not worth the Exotic slot at all I think. It's basically a Shadow Price / Vanquisher equivalent that uses your Exotic Slot? I mean the high damage scope, Hammer Forged range and extra damage on second half of the clip are what sets the weapon apart I think.

I mainly use it in PvP anyway. For PvE I mostly run with either Vex, or a Special or Heavy exotic.

I will probably end up upgrading Suros anyway, but its not my highest priority.

Go to gatekeepers.
Ignore gatekeeper.
Pop a Polyphage consumable.
Run to the left staying together as a group.
Sweep round via the centre platform where the gatekeeper spawns and back past the right hand portal.
Kill all yellow bars making sure to remember the four that hide behind the right portal.
Killing two yellow bars with a single super generates 8 orbs.
Use orbs to chains supers.

Can do the run in 40 seconds or so. 592 glimmer per run.

You may have to kill the GK after the first loop to reset your spawn to inside the chamber.

-

Do the mobs inside the right portal generate glimmer? Might take too long to get the portal up to be efficient though.
and EZ glimmer takes me 40 seconds or so for 480 glimmer solo without the need of a group or a VOG checkpoint

-sprint out door, sprint on the right side of everyone straight to second ship
-double jump and titan lightning grenade onto the shield guy's left foot (your right)
-lightning grenade kills right side's 4 yellows, super meter fills
-fist of havoc superman the left side
-clean up the 5th yellows of both sides
-already dead by ships or run back to the first ship's drops to die

also noticed since everyone's using vanguard armor and not vog armor, no one has "+heavy ammo" anymore and as such, rocket launcher doesn't lose ammo per death. so if I pick up rockets I rocket the left side and super the right. or rocket both sides.

Egg0

Banned
I have an Xbone checkpoint for the final Raid boss.

Please message me so I can get a group running. I know the strat but randoms don't like to have patience...

1. Izuna Lasky

CE or VoG? I'm a raid noob but I'm down for w/e. But I don't have the DLC tho.

MADGAME

Going to run back to back level 30 weeklies if anyone wants to join up. In orbit now.

Then going to form a team to get the second known raid chest
behind the closing door in the explody Thrall Shrieker hallway
. Once there we can transfer to alts without leaving the section to ensure the Radiant Materials are obtained across all characters.

Without its upgrades SUROS Regime is just a regular Auto Rifle and not worth the Exotic slot at all I think. It's basically a Shadow Price / Vanquisher equivalent that uses your Exotic Slot? I mean the high damage scope, Hammer Forged range and extra damage on second half of the clip are what sets the weapon apart I think.

It's a ghetto Shadow Price with kind of Field Scout. Hits for 1 more damage on headshot in pvp too. Waste of an exotic.

Going to run back to back level 30 weeklies if anyone wants to join up. In orbit now.

. Once there we can transfer to alts without leaving the section to ensure the Radiant Materials are obtained across all characters.

I'm down for running the second chest with you.
We would have to finish the bridge part of the raid again right?

MADGAME

I'm down for running the second chest with you.
We would have to finish the bridge part of the raid again right?

Yes we would have to get past the bridge part but we don't have to "finish" it. There is an ultimate cheese method with a full party that allows you almost effortlessly pass it. It will be patched for sure. If no Warlock in the party we could do it normally, not overly hard but it would certainly be a time saver.

hydruxo

I've read a lot of people wanting to keep their SUROS unupgraded to prevent the slower fire rate when scoped but I don't get it.

Yeah I don't get it either. People really need to stop with the whole assumption that Suros is better when it's unupgraded because it's really not.

Unupgraded Suros Regime at 302 attack? Yup, never gonna upgrade it ever. Made a mistake earlier but Xur gave me a second chance.

I upgraded it, felt like I was wasting too much ammo with rapid fire, especially when switching from AE. Plus that grating 'tarp tarp' sound is fixed and it sounds great now, so I don't mind it anymore.

Is anyone here keeping their VoG gear for whatever reason?

One VoG gear lets me hit 31 so I don't have to waste shards on new light 33 gear, so yeah I'm keeping my vault gauntlets.

Yes we would have to get past the bridge part but we don't have to "finish" it. There is an ultimate cheese method with a full party that allows you almost effortlessly pass it. It will be patched for sure. If no Warlock we could do it normally, not overly hard but it would certainly be a time saver.

Oh wow, does this still count as completing it (getting the drop)? Well I'm prepping some ribs on my slow cooker so whenever you are done with the weekly I should be all ready to hop on with you.

gdt

PSN id? Still need to do 2 weeklys.

MADGAME

Oh wow, does this still count as completing it (getting the drop)? Well I'm prepping some ribs on my slow cooker so whenever you are done with the weekly I should be all ready to hop on with you.

Alright, cool. I have no takers on weekly yet, and I do need to run it twice. After that I'll send you an invite and see if you're ready. Mmmm, Sunday ribs.

Bladelaw

At some point tonight I would like to finish off Crota. I'm not packing ballerhorn but I have an Ice Breaker. I've watched zoba's bid and have wiped at the fight several times it's just a matter of execution. By the time we got to nime last night a lot of us were tired and I know I wasn't executing at my best.

Rubenov

Alright, cool. I have no takers on weekly yet, and I do need to run it twice. After that I'll send you an invite and see if you're ready. Mmmm, Sunday ribs.

Madgame... I have to do the weekly as well. You want to set up a time? Doing Crucible with some folks now.

Need two more Crota raid, we're at the boss. Add me PSN KeanBurke. Still need a 31 hunter to be the relic holder. Or can someone just help us out with this part? We can get Crota down easily but the relic holder isn't doing enough damage.

Ourobolus

Banned
Need two more Crota raid, we're at the boss. Add me PSN KeanBurke. Still need a 31 hunter to be the relic holder. Or can someone just help us out with this part? We can get Crota down easily but the relic holder isn't doing enough damage.
Can I join? Lv 30 Titan. I just need the boss.

PSN Ourobolus

X-Frame

I'm probably going to want to beat Crota's twice tonight on both of my Titans (31).

One of my Titan's has a Phase 3
Deathsinger
checkpoint.

I'll get a list going probably in about 6 hours or so. Can't wait!

Mattiator

Had one of the worst raid experiences last night since I started playing. I have the checkpoint before Crota and have helped clear him twice. Is it possible for any of you fine people to give me a hand at 12 pst 3 est to finish him off. :) thanks for your time.

phen0m24

Oooh mats. Need mats. Dang raid armor

Deku Tree

I still need to get this chest on one character. I was going to ignore it. If you see me on when you get there I would be happy to get an invite! :)

pj

Banned
Getting a lot of connection errors lately, and I've had to redownload updates a bunch of times.

Usually stability gets better over time, not worse

moris

I'm need weekly on 2 alts as well if you're not full and and 2nd chest too (knows how to cheese bridge)

Do you know the website where I can check what events I have done for my destiny character, I have 1 character that haven't done it I believe (might even have 2) and I can jump on and do it with you (I was just going to say screw it since I have 100+ strange coins but you can never have too many).

Found it: Destiny status

How can I switch to Vanguard as my faction? I am not rank 2 so can't buy the Warlock band? Do I just need to find a random one from a drop?

Had one of the worst raid experiences last night since I started playing. I have the checkpoint before Crota and have helped clear him twice. Is it possible for any of you fine people to give me a hand at 12 pst 3 est to finish him off. :) thanks for your time.
I should be on then. 31 Titan. Macello

MADGAME

Oooh mats. Need mats. Dang raid armor

I still need to get this chest on one character. I was going to ignore it. If you see me on when you get there I would be happy to get an invite! :)

I'm need weekly on 2 alts as well if you're not full and and 2nd chest too (knows how to cheese bridge)
Will look to see if you are on when I'm ready.

Not full, started solo and one person going to join in a few. Hop in if you want.

Still on the weekly 30? Mind if my 29 joins? Berried_treausurE

Sure hop in, will be running again afterwards if this fills up. Probably won't be able to reply again until after this run.

EL CUCO

We're you able to take down Crota last night? I got home super late and lets just say...I was a little wobbly.

I'll have a few hours of some free time after I eat this pb&j sammich and get my coffee ready, if you want. If not, its cool.

cilonen

How can I switch to Vanguard as my faction? I am not rank 2 so can't buy the Warlock band? Do I just need to find a random one from a drop?

Just un-equip any other faction class gear and you're good. PvE rep will go to Vanguard and PVP to Crucible again.

Edit: if you've trashed all your other class items, just grab a normal grey one from Rahool.

Deku Tree

We're you able to take down Crota last night? I got home super late and lets just say...I was a little wobbly.

I'll have a few hours of some free time after I eat this pb&j sammich and get my coffee ready, if you want. If not, its cool.
He did it 3 times I think.

Top Bottom