• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Anyone on Xbox One want to help me finish the new raid? I'm a 31 hunter and already have the
last checkpoint before crota cp
. Would want to do it soonish

Has anyone tried the new raid with a PUG?

yes i went in with a total pug from destinylfg last night and we got to crota in about 90 minutes, a few wipes but nothing crazy. the normal is really not that hard, even crota we got to like 60% after 3 attempts and then stopped because it was getting late for some of us.

only thing I'd say is everyone should be at least 30, a few 31s

yes i went in with a total pug from destinylfg last night and we got to crota in about 90 minutes, a few wipes but nothing crazy. the normal is really not that hard, even crota we got to like 60% after 3 attempts and then stopped because it was getting late for some of us.

only thing I'd say is everyone should be at least 30, a few 31s

Thanks for the response. I may try one today.

FyreWulff

Got my self No Land Beyond earlier this morning while pvping with Gaffers.

479.jpg

Its a neat lil gun, but there is no way in hell can it be competitive in pvp scene....one shot kill to the head is great and all but body shot takes out the shield and 1/3 of perps health....he still needs to be finished off somehow (once shot is taken there is an animation to reload bullet bolt-action style, takes toooooo long). Only way I found this to be semi-effective is to play knucklehead hunter so that I have radar active with a throwing knife and fusion rifle.

I want this just for the bolt action

You can try this solo method, it's obviously easier with Bladedancer but it can be done with Warlock and Titan

I know what I'm going to do tonight. If this holds out, and people start perfecting these solo strats... I can see a lot of people not bothering to finish once they have all of the guns.

Shito

Finished VoG for the first time, with a group of raid noobs.
We had a first session on Thursday, took us 4 hours and a half to get to the gatekeepers, before we called it a night. All 29s.
One of us couldn't make it today, so we had someone else replace him... a level 24.
Took us 4 more hours, more than 3 of them spent on Atheon, but we finally managed to get the perfect run and down him. Only got energies and Chatterwhite from it, but that was so awesome. Great great experience, one of the most intense and fulfilling I had in a looong time.
My only regret is that I forgot to archive my video save of the moment where I came out of a portal totally blind, and managed to follow the shield carrier up to the central platform to get cleansed. Was 7~8 seconds long, with a few jumps in between...

Had one of the worst raid experiences last night since I started playing. I have the checkpoint before Crota and have helped clear him twice. Is it possible for any of you fine people to give me a hand at 12 pst 3 est to finish him off. :) thanks for your time.
Still good for 3? Do we need more?

ocean

Banned
Finished VoG for the first time, with a group of raid noobs.
We had a first session on Thursday, took us 4 hours and a half to get to the gatekeepers, before we called it a night. All 29s.
One of us couldn't make it today, so we had someone else replace him... a level 24.
Took us 4 more hours, more than 3 of them spent on Atheon, but we finally managed to get the perfect run and down him. Only got energies and Chatterwhite from it, but that was so awesome. Great great experience, one of the most intense and fulfilling I had in a looong time.
My only regret is that I forgot to archive my video save of the moment where I came out of a portal totally blind, and managed to follow the shield carrier up to the central platform to get cleansed. Was 7~8 seconds long, with a few jumps in between...
Oh man that sounds awesome. Next up join an experienced GAF team and you'll do the whole thing in an hour. It'll be fun for you to compare the strategies the community has perfected to make it go quick with what you were doing :)

Shito

Oh man that sounds awesome. Next up join an experienced GAF team and you'll do the whole thing in an hour. It'll be fun for you to compare the strategies the community has perfected to make it go quick with what you were doing :)
Might do this one day, yeah, but for the moment I don't want to spoil the inevitable time where we gonna try again and get it down quicker all by ourselves! :)
I hope we'll all push to 30 and try CE as well.

How many 5k bounties does it take to level an exotic weapon/armor?

Stacking 5k bounties on one of my characters and plan on doing it throughout all 3 of my hunters in case I get the drop I want.

allday247

Banned
Would like to get a raid group for CE around 9pm GMT.
I have a Corta check point BUT don't mind starting fresh either.

if you're interested please put your name down and preference for new start or Corta CP.
lvl 30 + and would love it if we could get 1 person that is 31.

1) Me - Milkypooz lvl 30 Titan - start fresh or Corta CP
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

ocean

Banned
How many 5k bounties does it take to level an exotic weapon/armor?

Stacking 5k bounties on one of my characters and plan on doing it throughout all 3 of my hunters in case I get the drop I want.
I think each bubble is 25k XP. If you ran Nightfall all your XP gains have a 25% boost so you'd get 6,250 XP for every 5,000 bounty. That means 4 of those bounties per upgrade bubble.

Edit: checking my new Revenant Wings it seems the first upgrades are 12,500 so I don't know what the total required XP for the entire thing would be.

PepperedHam

I tried googling this but all I kept getting were results about The Dark Below. I just hit 20 on my first alt, got her to 23 with some stuff from my stash I had saved up and now I am wondering if I have to complete all of the main story missions to unlock access to all of the strikes in the strike playlists. Will certain ones not show up if I haven't unlocked them through the story?

ocean

Banned
I tried googling this but all I kept getting were results about The Dark Below. I just hit 20 on my first alt, got her to 23 with some stuff from my stash I had saved up and now I am wondering if I have to complete all of the main story missions to unlock access to all of the strikes in the strike playlists. Will certain ones not show up if I haven't unlocked them through the story?
No need to run stories. Vanguard playlist will run through all available strikes even if you haven't unlocked them yet. Same for Weekly/Daily Strikes and Missions. This week's Heroic/Nightfall strike is the exception.

My Warlock has done every Weekly heroic since week 2 and I haven't even unlocked Mars on him :p

PepperedHam

No need to run stories. Vanguard playlist will run through all available strikes even if you haven't unlocked them yet. Same for Weekly/Daily Strikes and Missions. This week's Heroic/Nightfall strike is the exception.

My Warlock has done every Weekly heroic since week 2 and I haven't even unlocked Mars on him :p
Awesome news thank you! I don't much care to complete the entire story for a second time so this is good to hear. Time to gear up then!

Top Bottom