• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

dgamer

Banned
Anyone doing a normal vault of glass raid please add me, just got to level 27 and wanted to give it a try. Psn gunmuffins

hydruxo

Never thought my barrier to entry for level 31 would be frickin plasteel plating.

I hear you bro. My titan alt is two upgrade bubbles from 31 and it's all thanks to goddamn plasteel plating. I have to keep buying those green helmets from the vanguard quartermaster and dismantling them.

Varvor

Got my self No Land Beyond earlier this morning while pvping with Gaffers.

479.jpg

Its a neat lil gun, but there is no way in hell can it be competitive in pvp scene....one shot kill to the head is great and all but body shot takes out the shield and 1/3 of perps health....he still needs to be finished off somehow (once shot is taken there is an animation to reload bullet bolt-action style, takes toooooo long). Only way I found this to be semi-effective is to play knucklehead hunter so that I have radar active with a throwing knife and fusion rifle.

regarding the second part of the raid.

At the bridge part,The Ogres only spawn when all the players are either on the other side or dead on the first side right? So what if you have some people cross and have everyone (who are sunsingers) left behind suicide and just have a Sunsinger use Fireborn. Will that advance the encounter and cause the Ogres to spawn?

Because if so you could easily snipe them from the other side on top of the stairs where the adds don't bother you.

EL CUCO

Glide sucks it big time but its possible to adjust.
We had 2 rounds where he was 10% or less after 2 swords. Glide can't get near the height of Titans but you can jump up from the higher ground along the left wall or onto the chalice table then up into his face. For 2nd shield break, I preferred to stay up on the walkway and just use a lot of R1 for mobility. Circle back around in the air while strafing his projectiles, just have to remember to stay on the right side away from the team's rocket fire.

Yeah I've been using the chalice table. I'll try to stay up on the walkway for the 2nd swipe as you suggest. What are you finding to be the most effective combo? We had a couple of runs where we were on pace for atleast 3 sword runs but Swordbearer was acting funny on the 3rd and we took long to kill him. It through our timing off then it just snowballed on us.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I just hit 29 last night, is Crota's raid doable at that level?

you could do the first part for 2 chances of loot, but everything after that your team will probably be carrying you. It's a level 30 encounter and enemies go up to 32. You would do pretty much no damage.

Xbone

Crota's End. Today (Sunday) 8pm EST

1. Victory Red (level 31 Titan)
2. Qwerty Killer (level 31)
3. Lefty (Level 31)
4. Izuna Lasky (I think 31, but def. 30)
5. Open
6. Open

"It's not an Acolyte's loin cloth, it's the spoils of war." - Vell Tarlowe
"And with the lone strength of the Titan Vell Tarlowe, we felt invincible." - Eris

I'm already liking Vell Tarlowe. I need to read some more on this badass. First Kabr and now Vell. Something tells me Titans are second to none in the raids.

Eris didn't get killed m8.

BokehKing

Banned
I have marks for new gear, I need a damn "commendation' now just to purchase something, I think that's a little silly, if I knew that I wouldn't have moved to vanguard rank 4 two days before and just held onto my bointies

Finally played a match on Skyshock yesterday and decided I'm going to quit out everytime that map pops up. Fuck that shit. Destiny doesn't have a good enough vehicle component to make maps like this fun which means they turn in to sniper fests.

Pantheon I'm not too big a fan of either but it's not terrible. Just a little too claustrophobic and samey to me. Cauldron I really like though. Decent size. Able to be attacked or attack from all angles. That one is really fun.

Top Bottom