• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

SkylineRKR

Exotics are most certainly leveling faster now than before. My upgraded Thorn I started working on Friday and it got most of Friday's bounties, all of Saturday's and all of Sunday's (Eris and Vanguard, not Crucible) and it is on the last row of upgrades.

Likewise Helm of Saint 14 I put on Friday morning and it was completely upgraded by Saturday night.

I did run the Nightfall so I do have the exp bonus but still, it seems much quicker to level an exotic weapon than it did before they took out the ascendant energy requirement.

I also finished Eris's quest line for the gauntlets and got Handcannon reload speed buff and melee speed buff. I am extremely pleased.

It seems the final nodes are leveling much faster. I delivered lots of bounty on my new TLW drop and it doesn't progress that fast. But my new Gjallarhorn for example, when I had only 3 nodes left I maxed it with a handful of bounties.

Omni

Oups, didn't see it was for Xbone.

------------------------------------------
So, is the Mythoclast worth upgrading for the new raid or not ?

Ice Breaker is more useful.

VM is awesome. But since you have to choose between exotics, at least in my experience you get more out of the IB.

rNilla

How have I played hundreds of hours as a Hunter without giving Knife Juggler a proper shot? Pretty fun chaining knife throws while running through the same story missions yet again.

Jinjo

I'm going to buy a max 331 attack AR or scout rifle from the vanguard quartermaster after the reset. Any recommendations? Which ones are good? Is there no 331 attack analog of the shadow price? Thanks!

I got an incredible Up For Anything from a Vanguard package today. Grows more accurate the longer it is fired, hammerforged and rangefinder. Thing is gonna be a beast when fully upgraded. It's already superstable, but can go for better stability too if need be. Superhappy with this one. Guess I don't need to buy the new Vanquisher III anymore.

Deku Tree

I got the "Up for anything" from vanguard package, I'm quite happy with it. I believe the Quatermaster version is good.

There is one rifle from faction with stats comparable to Shadow Price, but the magazine is even smaller (22 I think).

I got an incredible Up For Anything from a Vanguard package today. Grows more accurate the longer it is fired, hammerforged and rangefinder. Thing is gonna be a beast when fully upgraded. It's already superstable, but can go for better stability too if need be. Superhappy with this one. Guess I don't need to buy the new Vanquisher III anymore.

Thanks !! I'll take a look at up for anything... At least it has a fun name. I have to see what perks the vendor version has.

I was gonna post that too, but too lazy. *shugs*

MATH

54252115.jpg

Jinjo

Thanks !! I'll take a look at up for anything... At least it has a fun name. I have to see what perks the vendor version has.

Don't know about the one Vanguard quartermaster has, but New Monarchy still has the same old Vanquisher III, but with 331 damage. Kills increase reload, bottom half of the mag does extra damage. It's a high impact AR, but only 22 rounds in the mag. Might be a worthwhile option if you want a high impact AR.

Going to be running a Crota's End for Xbox One players tonight around 8:30EST. We will be starting from the bridge checkpoint most likely but there is a chance we may start fresh. Looking for 30's and 31's to join. Shoot me a message on GAF with your GamerTag if you are interested. I also run a clan that could grant you easier grouping ability if you are interested in that as well. Thank you!

ocean

Banned
I also got Up For Anything from a faction level up. I was wondering: how does "Reactive Reload" work? I'd never seen that perk before.

Do getting the daily public event package give you exp anymore or no?

I'm farming 5k bounties now in preparation of leveling up an exotic.

So the best thing to do is to have nightfall bonus, telemetry, and x number of bounties (anyone know how many to freshly max out a new exotic weapon)?

Deku Tree

Don't know about the one Vanguard quartermaster has, but New Monarchy still has the same old Vanquisher III, but with 331 damage. Kills increase reload, bottom half of the mag does extra damage. It's a high impact AR, but only 22 rounds in the mag. Might be a worthwhile option if you want a high impact AR.

But I would have to spend crucible marks and a crucible commendation that I don't have...

Trakan

Exotics are most certainly leveling faster now than before. My upgraded Thorn I started working on Friday and it got most of Friday's bounties, all of Saturday's and all of Sunday's (Eris and Vanguard, not Crucible) and it is on the last row of upgrades.

Likewise Helm of Saint 14 I put on Friday morning and it was completely upgraded by Saturday night.

I've re-leveled a few exotics, both weapons and armor, and they're the same.

I actually got a shard from a random chest on Earth earlier. I've played this game for over 2 whole weeks in total time and that's the first time that's happened. Also got a strange coin from one too which is a complete rarity also.

Nearly got my Icebreaker levelled up again to max now. Also upgrading my Suros. There's a couple of other exotics I'm waiting on now from Xur to upgrade, namely Gjallahorn and Time and Patience then I'd be pretty happy.

Greenymac

For the Atheon drop? damn dont know what to say. Sorry to hear about that :/

Its no biggie. I had fun either way! Gonna do sepiks prime and maybe another strike forvsome quick rep to get a vanguard commendation so I can grab one more piece of armor for my hunter and send her to 31 with some levelling. Gonna pvp after a couple strikes. Anyone wanna jump in

Stillmatic

Finally after many Hard Raids I have Fatebringer. What's the best perk to use, Field Scout or Explosive Rounds? I'm guessing Explosive Rounds for CE?

maybe it took a bit because we spent half the raid blaming each other lol

i just realized how cliche diverse our raid group is.

i think this image sums us up

800px-Teen-Titans-Terra_38.PNG

Hahaha perfect.

I'll admit I made some silly errors getting the hang of it. Worth it though. Imagine beating Atheon the first week of release in a run with no deaths.

NastyBook

Wow, the Crucible is no place for varied Exotics. Got my second Thunderlord. At least it's buffed this time.

EDIT: Also of note is that twice is how many times I've actually received Exotics from the Crucible.

Top Bottom