• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Xbone

Crota's End. Today (Sunday) 8pm EST

1. Victory Red (level 31 Titan)
2. Qwerty Killer (level 31)
3. Lefty (Level 31)
4. Izuna Lasky (I think 31, but def. 30)
5. Open
6. Open

Everything about the game design is to entice you to come back next week. Everything else is compromised to see that you return and for some reason we do even if it's annoying and disrespects our time invested.

I don't know about that strategy though cause the committed players will play anyways but it's pushing away the casuals. Both of my cousins are casuals who stopped playing because they feel like Destiny requires too much of a commitment. The recent changes especially

Got the Exotic Bounty for SGA. Says I need to go to Mars and search for it in chests apparently. Is this a specific chest or just a random drop? Does it drop fast or can RNG make it last for hours?

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Me and my friends are doing a blind run of Crota's End and we need a 6th. All you need is a mic and to be at level to start. Also, a few hours of time and literally as close to none as possible information about the contents and mechanics of the Raid.

Bizazedo

When did they nerf glimmer gains in Crucible?

You used to get some glimmer per kill, now we only get glimmer at match end. Effectively cut glimmer gain by half.

Dante316

Me and my friends are doing a blind run of Crota's End and we need a 6th. All you need is a mic and to be at level to start. Also, a few hours of time and literally as close to none as possible information about the contents and mechanics of the Raid.

That be impossible but tell the 6th if they know it, don't say anything lol

Hyun Sai

By the way, thanks Darknyss and his group for the Raid, finally got the Mythoclast.

So, the big question. Is it any good for the new content / raid and worth levelling it ?

KeRaSh

Alright, last try for tonight. Gotta get up early tomorrow. Would someone be kind enough to pass me the
Bridge
checkpoint? I'd like to fool around a little bit when I get back from work.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
That be impossible but tell the 6th if they know it, don't say anything lol
That is also a thing. Though, extremely unpreferable.
Still up for offer! I know it's a long shot but it's a thing that's gotta happen.
PSN : coolasj19

I don't know about that strategy though cause the committed players will play anyways but it's pushing away the casuals. Both of my cousins are casuals who stopped playing because they feel like Destiny requires too much of a commitment. The recent changes especially

It is a manifestation of poor design and a hard problem to fix. The hard core will just run with it but this is a very daunting game for the casuals. Just imagine someone who tapped out after beating the campaign and picked up TDB, they have to grind to lvl26 to even complete the content. They probably just checked out completely for future dlc.

I am not casual, but certainly not in the hardcore. Took me like 7 or 8 weeks to get to #Forever29. With the dlc I will get to #Forever31 in less than 2. TDB needed new currencies, factions, regrinds and more to keep things going because we will get back to the status quo grind well before the time it took in vanilla Destiny.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Anybody wants to do the daily heroic and Eris heroic bounty? I need a decoy so I can basically nuclear bomb everything.

void666

Banned
Alright, last try for tonight. Gotta get up early tomorrow. Would someone be kind enough to pass me the
Bridge
checkpoint? I'd like to fool around a little bit when I get back from work.

You mean the second part? If so i have it on my hunter.
PS4 irus_void

I have so much to do tomorrow. VoG 3x (at least one normal and 1 hard) and Crota 2x fresh runs and 2 heroic weeklies. Maybe I'll take the day off of work.

Bogeypop

Anyone in for my hard raid that doesn't have me on Friends yet, please shoot an FR to Hawkian :)

I wanted to show up 10 minutes early, so as not to make people wait, but you're not even online.
kappa.png

PS: I've already done Gatekeepers and Atheon, so if there's someone who'd like to take my spot when we get up to there I don't mind dropping. If not, then I also don't mind staying and helping out.

I can't believe how difficult it is to form groups here when people are in the raid already.

The well of players dries up this easily? Yeesh

Good raid guys! Finally got the mythoclast and atheons epilogue! Plus some much needed energy

Apols for my many stupid misadventurous deaths. I became unable to hunter jump from the gatekeeper onwards.

Sorry man, I finished one about ~45 mins ago and was let down again by not getting the FB or Vex. I was so aggravated that I began doing bounties and forgot all about it :( I still have another chance at at least the Fatebringer with my 29 Warlock before the reset. If you're not to the templar yet and need one more I can join.
No worries, it's all good.

Good raid guys! Finally got the mythoclast and atheons epilogue! Plus some much needed energy

Apols for my many stupid misadventurous deaths. I became unable to hunter jump from the gatekeeper onwards.
yeah it was a good run, glad you were able to get those weapons.

I have a gorgon checkpoint for VoG hard. Does anyone want to run it now? Preferably experienced people as I have to get off soon for work in morning.

If not tonight does anyone want to run it tomorrow about 9pm gmt

raindoc

Almost beat Crota as Swordbearer. Tried it the first time today with my Warlock - never felt so worthless before as in the first couple of runs. Silde off here, bump off of that ledge, walk (run) slower than a mummified egyptian.
But after some tweaking I found a route (right side) that worked for me and got the timing for the first set of G'horns nailed so I could land three, sometimes even four heavy hits on Crota, unless he had moved to the left/"far" side of the middle platform - I just could not close that distance fast enough to land more than two hits...

Unfortunately the team had trouble coordinating the second set of missiles at first and burned through their heavy synths fast so we had to quit, but I'll be damned if I don't slice him up personally on tuesday.

I have a gorgon checkpoint for VoG hard. Does anyone want to run it now? Preferably experienced people as I have to get off soon for work in morning.

If not tonight does anyone want to run it tomorrow about 9pm gmt
Hmm I can run it now if we get enough people. Let me switch over to my titan.

Ill join but I'm only a lvl 30 if that's ok. GT The Beast 117

That's fine. I'll send you an invite as we get close to 8pm EST. My gamertag is: NJ Shlice

Xbone

Crota's End. Today (Sunday) 8pm EST

1. Victory Red (gt: NJ Shlice - level 31 Titan)
2. Qwerty Killer (level 31)
3. Lefty (Level 31)
4. Izuna Lasky (I think 31, but def. 30)
5. The Beast 117 (Level 30)
6. Open

Top Bottom