• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Atkison04

Just wanted to say that the new Titan gauntlets Ruin Wings are awesome. It's so nice seeing all the heavy ammo laying all over the battlefield. Makes my gjallorhorn happy! Takes away the need for heavy ammo packs. These things are making my Titan alt my fave character at the moment.

ocean

Banned
One try before going to sleep.

I am a 30 Warlock and have to go to sleep soonish but want that Sniper :( I have a checkpoint at Crota if I can get a full team soon. Anyone looking?

X-Frame

Just wanted to say that the new Titan gauntlets Ruin Wings are awesome. It's so nice seeing all the heavy ammo laying all over the battlefield. Makes my gjallorhorn happy! Takes away the need for heavy ammo packs. These things are making my Titan alt my fave character at the moment.

Me too! I just bought a chest piece so that I can use Ruin Wings in place of Armamentarium.

It really is a shame that there is no raid helm drop though, so in order to hit 32 with raid gear, I need to use one of the Titan helms, which will likely be Saint-14 ideally if Xur sells/upgrades it soon.

todd360

Can we get a mod to lock the thread about the guy selling his copy of destiny? I fear for the rest of us if bungie sees it. They will increase the grind in a desperate attempt to make us stay.

this is a joke moddas

One try before going to sleep.

I am a 30 Warlock and have to go to sleep soonish but want that Sniper :( I have a checkpoint at Crota if I can get a full team soon. Anyone looking?

Level 31 Warlock here, tried with 2 groups so far with no success, I'm down for a few tries

Psn dawnoflife

is funny watching the dark below vidoc and hearing lars say pantheon will become a favorite.

endless narrow hallways with no incentive to leave your corner does not a good map make. not even symmetry can salvage a bad design.

convinced the "good" maps in this game are good by accident.

I really want to use them, but only have so much time for leveling stuff. I need to be practical and only level exotic helms since the raid helm isn't an option right now.

Fuck, crota, can't finish it. I know I have skill gap but atheon never have me this much trouble. I'll just run the first 2 parts until I got the all the gear. The shader, emblem, and ship are not for me I guess

X-Frame

Quick Review of an Upgraded Dragon's Breath

Watching the video, and someone please correct me if I am off but there is no way that is anywhere close to Gjallarhorn. The solar flare it leaves behind as it's signature perk .. it lasts for 3 seconds it seems and the radius seems quite small.

I'd rank even Truth higher than Dragon's Breath in terms of PvE, and a mile better in PvP.

phen0m24

Quick Review of an Upgraded Dragon's Breath

Watching the video, and someone please correct me if I am off but there is no way that is anywhere close to Gjallarhorn. The solar flare it leaves behind as it's signature perk .. it lasts for 3 seconds it seems and the radius seems quite small.

I'd rank even Truth higher than Dragon's Breath in terms of PvE, and a mile better in PvP.

Haven't been able to conduct independent research. It seems to have a large blast radius but I still love my Horn.

Korten

Banned
Hey guys. I'm level 31 and have a checkpoint at Crota on PS4... I got a friend who has completed it and might be able to get another who has completed it. But I thought maybe I could get some fellow Gaffers who have completed Crota that wouldn't mind helping a fellow out.

ocean

Banned
Level 31 Warlock here, tried with 2 groups so far with no success, I'm down for a few tries

Psn dawnoflife
I'll go to sleep, 2am here. Sorry man, it was a Hail Mary in case several people showed up quick.

is funny watching the dark below vidoc and hearing lars say pantheon will become a favorite.

endless narrow hallways with no incentive to leave your corner does not a good map make. not even symmetry can salvage a bad design.

convinced the "good" maps in this game are good by accident.
Cauldron though - so good. Pantheon's OK (it'd make great Control though). Skyinfinitemap is shit though.

Fuck, crota, can't finish it. I know I have skill gap but atheon never have me this much trouble. I'll just run the first 2 parts until I got the all the gear. The shader, emblem, and ship are not for me I guess
It's a DPS check mostly. Current strategies make it doable quick if the team can consistently
bring down Crota's shield. Not much skill required, just good sustained damage. I think the only role at Crota checkpoint that requires skill and not just smart positioning+weapons is being Sword carrier. Since it's not random it lets you strategize and let one person get used to it.

The teams I've been with that have failed have mostly done so out of an inability to get those shields down quickly enough to get the Sword carrier two attack waves. That or asshole Swordbearer Knight taking too long to reach a good position.

adin75

Me too! I just bought a chest piece so that I can use Ruin Wings in place of Armamentarium.

It really is a shame that there is no raid helm drop though, so in order to hit 32 with raid gear, I need to use one of the Titan helms, which will likely be Saint-14 ideally if Xur sells/upgrades it soon.

I have them, but yet to use them. Need to get the Vanguard chest to swap with my Armamentarium, but am 6 marks short and have hit the cap for the week :(

phen0m24

Don't have time for that on three toons. If it ain't 36 gear, or free, I'll pass. I'm fine with being #forever30. Only one job that I can't do, and I'm okay with that.

I'm doing it on one, Josh did on the other. The 3rd (Warlock) is there for shard collectionNightfall/weekly/coins. Although with the accumulated marks on that toon I bought her a full set of gear anyway. (I'll barely get around to leveling it - I know the feeling)

But the Ruin Wings are on my Titan main.

PS - check your Pm again. :)

Cauldron though - so good. Pantheon's OK (it'd make great Control though). Skyinfinitemap is shit though.

cauldron has the worst spawns i've ever had the misfortune of occupying. you can literally spawn into somebody's nova bomb. and if you kill them at a door to a room they'll spawn right behind you in the same fucking room as you're grabbing heavy ammo.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i can't even tolerate control with randoms anymore, there's just no redeeming value to me :(

i had a bunch of bounties on my titan including forged in fire (3 wins) and kill enemies with super. I figured control was the best way to go about this for the fist of havoc (and it is), but I noticed that my forged in fire hasn't incremented. I hadn't won a match on my titan since before friday. bleh. had some pretty decent matches pesronally too, but had no impact. then just had my worst performance so far tonight, landslide victory. I just have no idea what anyone is doing or what my role is in contributing. it can be fun with a team that coordinates but I can't get anything out of it solo.

SharkJAW

I haven't touched the new raid yet but was wondering what type of weapons I should be using. Any specific element?
Maybe solar. Otherwise, not really. Matter of fact, there is no specific "best" element for this raid, I don't think. I like using my fatebringer. IceBreaker/Gjallarhorn are king/queen as always.

Mrgamer

Looking for crota fresh we will then skip the wizard part as i have a crota checkpoint.

Psn v1br4t1ons l31 with fully maxed new ib and raid weapons.

vid

I've been having a surprisingly hard time finding a group to run the new story missions with. Seems like there's nothing on DestinyLFG besides Raid runs at this point, any suggestions?

I'm doing it on one, Josh did on the other. The 3rd (Warlock) is there for shard collectionNightfall/weekly/coins. Although with the accumulated marks on that toon I bought her a full set of gear anyway. (I'll barely get around to leveling it - I know the feeling)

Still joining for 8:30?

My problem is that I can't pick a main. At this point, whichever toon gets all of the raid gear first wins. That's the one I'll dump my time into.

JTran2003

I've been having a surprisingly hard time finding a group to run the new story missions with. Seems like there's nothing on DestinyLFG besides Raid runs at this point, any suggestions?

Its possible to do them solo. I had a hard time but was able to pull it off on some missions. Others I found people running the same missions and would ask them for help before reaching the no spawn point. If you still need it I can help tomorrow evening.

Atkison04

I really want to use them, but only have so much time for leveling stuff. I need to be practical and only level exotic helms since the raid helm isn't an option right now.

Dudes, the ruin wings are boss as hell! I haven't even attempted the new raid so i haven't considered the level 32 thing yet. My goal is to get to 31 on all my alts before i even attempt the CE.

Guilty confession, i want those damn dancing boots for my hunter too :)

SharkJAW

Would it be possible to have more than one character ready for hard mode?
That radiant wall is real.
That's 189 shards for 3 characters. With 30 shards a week, tops, it takes you 7ish weeks. Assuming you can complete the raid completely with each character.

2 characters may be theoretically possible.

vid

Its possible to do them solo. I had a hard time but was able to pull it off on some missions. Others I found people running the same missions and would ask them for help before reaching the no spawn point. If you still need it I can help tomorrow evening.

It's less about help and more... it's hard to get excited about running some of this new content if you mostly have to do it alone. I dunno, another chalk mark for "where's the matchmaking?" for me, I guess.

Readvacancy

Neo Member

I can help you with them if you'd like.
PSN: READvacancy

Top Bottom