• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

The Murmur is a straight beast in PVP god damn. No more shotguns for me. Hand cannons and fusion rifles.

Now I just want to find a good void rocket launcher for a default set up that covers all damage types.

Looking to put together a PS4 VoG normal run in half an hour to help shepherd my brother through for the first time. 30 warlock and 27 hunter.

Anyone down to join? The help would be much appreciated!

X-Frame

Regarding the end of CE Raid:

Has everyone agreed upon the best sword combo for attacking Crota? Is it different per class (e.g. a Hunter vs. a Titan)? Reading Reddit, some say just R1 (slash), others say just R2 (slam), and some say alternating between R2 and R1.

Also, is that best combo against Crota different than what to use against the Gatekeepers during the Bridge section?

Has everyone agreed upon the best sword combo for attacking Crota? Is it different per class (e.g. a Hunter vs. a Titan)? Reading Reddit, some say just R1 (slash), others say just R2 (slam), and some say alternating between R2 and R1.

Also, is that best combo against Crota different than what to use against the Gatekeepers during the Bridge section?

Our group had a decent time with R1-R1-R2 + R2. Basically combo + heavy

Hyun Sai

Quick Review of an Upgraded Dragon's Breath

Watching the video, and someone please correct me if I am off but there is no way that is anywhere close to Gjallarhorn. The solar flare it leaves behind as it's signature perk .. it lasts for 3 seconds it seems and the radius seems quite small.

I'd rank even Truth higher than Dragon's Breath in terms of PvE, and a mile better in PvP.

Only tracking could have saved this thing. Oh well.

I did 2 R1+R1+R2 combos per turn. Don't know if that's the best damage you can do, but it did the job.

Gatekeepers it's just R2 all day.

E92 M3

Every sword master has their own style. Crota should go down either right after Ogres.

X-Frame

Our group had a decent time with R1-R1-R2 + R2. Basically combo + heavy

I did 2 R1+R1+R2 combos per turn. Don't know if that's the best damage you can do, but it did the job.

Gatekeepers it's just R2 all day.

Thanks you two!

I found this link on Reddit for a damage analysis on popular combos. Not sure if that helps. But I'm sure whatever works for you is best.

Also, even more interesting is what the OP of that thread found about raid gear possibly boosting the damage of the sword carrier. Apparently a 30 with raid boots did more damage than a 31 without any raid gear.

Lima

Math doesn't lie so here is the best combo to use.

R1,R1,R2, repeat and finish with a R2 smash. Drop the sword and blink strike him and repeat once he goes down a second time. You do over 62k damage each combo so he has a little over half health left after two sword runs so he is dead after one more down with the sword after Ogres.

R0ckman

In my head when I thought having a gamer wife would be perfect.... Until she starts kicking you off destiny to play her games and hijacking consoles while you pick up dinner... Yeah... I didn't think this through.

Thanks you two!

I found this link on Reddit for a damage analysis on popular combos. Not sure if that helps. But I'm sure whatever works for you is best.

Also, even more interesting is what the OP of that thread found about raid gear possibly boosting the damage of the sword carrier. Apparently a 30 with raid boots did more damage than a 31 without any raid gear.

Well, for me R1 did 6848 damage and then the final R2 hit did 11,983, so that's 25,679 per combo. Doing that twice per kneel means 102,716 per sword give or take. Not bad.

That's for a Hunter. I'd be interested to see if the raid boots made a difference. I just thought they gave you an agility boost.

Dave_6

Anyone feel like running a HM VoG through at least clearing the templar? That's the only part my 29 Warlock has yet to do this week.

R1,R1,R2, repeat and finish with a R2 smash. Drop the sword and blink strike him and repeat once he goes down a second time. You do over 62k damage each combo so he has a little over half health left after two sword runs so he is dead after one more down with the sword after Ogres.

I rarely seem to have time to get an R2 smash in at the end. Will have to work on that.

Does anyone want to run a fresh CE with me and some friends on ps4? We have 4 all together, 3 newbies and myself. So we just need 2 people. We can start when we have enough.
Psn: iRAWRasaurus

Did you ever post the video for this method? I need to see this.

Huh, I guess agility must affect how much damage you do with the sword then? Only reason I can think of that guy in the video doing less damage than me.

Now I feel dumb.

X-Frame

Huh, I guess agility must affect how much damage you do with the sword then? Only reason I can think of that guy in the video doing less damage than me.

Now I feel dumb.

I'm confused now because the damage you listed is the exact same as what the OP of that thread posted for what a Level 30 Warlock did with raid boots, and he is guessing that it is the boots that produced the boosted damage. This is the video. Same one you watched?

You're a Level 31 though right, do you have raid boots?

milkham

ok i got up on top after killing crota and no change except the dead gatekeeper

0HGb2eK.jpg

Does anyone want to run a fresh CE with me and some friends on ps4? We have 4 all together, 3 newbies and myself. So we just need 2 people. We can start when we have enough.
Psn: iRAWRasaurus
just need one more now.

Edit: full

I'm confused now because the damage you listed is the exact same as what the OP of that thread posted for what a Level 30 Warlock did with raid boots, and he is guessing that it is the boots that produced the boosted damage. This is the video. Same one you watched?

You're a Level 31 though right, do you have raid boots?

Nah, the one with the Hunter. He was obviously level 31 but doing over 100 less damage than me as a level 31 for a regular R1 hit. I did notice he seemed a bit slower than me, so I just assumed his agility was lower.

I will try it with the boots though.

X-Frame

You can see for yourself X-Frame, I got that damage without Swordbearer's Touch. :p

Makes me wonder wtf I wasn't wearing the boots for.

Haha, this is weird. Is your Hunter specced for Agility? Maybe just speccing your character for Agility produces the same benefits while holding the sword as well, the raid boots just give you that perk for free.

And if so, then maybe maxing Agility (plus something like the MIDA) could produce the highest damage while using the sword.

Until we get some confirmation, I think the OP of that thread is mistaken about a 30 with raid boots doing that same damage you did as a 31, it seems too perfect and no way just having boots could boost damage that much between a 30 and 31. He probably was a 31 in the video but went down to a 30 when the OP went to find his Gametag and look up his gear to find an explanation.

Top Bottom