• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Is there anyway to stop Crota from moving?
Take his shield down and he'll kneel. Hit him with the sword then. It must be timed perfectly tho. Because he doesn't stay down long.

Unless you just mean not moving at all. He always will walk to the right or left eventually.

LordofPwn

So has anyone posted about the cheese method for the
bridge?
I sherpa'd a group through it yesterday, but we did it legit. It's actually really easy to do legit. You just have to listen to me lol.

titans first across to blind gatekeepers. Warlocks last because I hear they can jump the gap. Have not tried this yet. Only be on mid if you need the bridge open. Once 3 people are on the away side the 3 people on home side need to go over to the platform on the left (the Pwn Strategy™) they wait for sword bearer and focus fire. When sword bearer is up and they are shooting it, that's when away side gets bridge open. Totem people need to try and agro gatekeeper to keep from killing mid, or just blind them. Away side need to watch out for wizards on left side and once everyone is over 2 ogres. Burn them as quickly as possible. As soon as both are killed you'll complete the encounter. Also pro tip. Heavy sword attack will stun gatekeeper. 5 heavy as lvl30, 3 as lvl31

kidko

Has anyone tried the BADGER CCL Scout from the vanguard quartermaster? Compared to VoC it has a significantly slower rate of fire but nice bump in impact.

I'd like to know how it feels, especially if you're used to VoC

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The raid hunter boots gives extra agility for sword bearing. Best class confirmed.

Anybody has to do the Eris bounty for last DLC mission heroic need help? Need to do it on both characters and I need a decoy as usual.

gatti-man

Wow at ruin wings and gjallerhorn combo. Nothing stands in my way now. I'm a single dps machine at all times. Never have to use purple synths now on the raid. Very very good exotic, my new favorite.

The raid hunter boots gives extra agility for sword bearing. Best class confirmed.

Anybody has to do the Eris bounty for last DLC mission heroic need help? Need to do it on both characters and I need a decoy as usual.

It's the same for everyone. My Titan raid boots have it too.

gdt

Titan boots do the same brah

Warlocks as well, I assume.

Bogeypop

I'll gladly be a decoy again. Signing in now.

Konosuke

Take his shield down and he'll kneel. Hit him with the sword then. It must be timed perfectly tho. Because he doesn't stay down long.

Unless you just mean not moving at all. He always will walk to the right or left eventually.

No, he follows a set pattern though. Mid > Right > Mid > Left repeat

Once he's at mid you have to be fast in taking down the Swordbearer or shoot his shields down so he can't move.

We can't shoot his shield down twice, he always manages to dodge rockets from Hezen...Should we just use Ice Breaker or VoC if we don't have Gjallarhorn?

gdt

Wow at ruin wings and gjallerhorn combo. Nothing stands in my way now. I'm a single dps machine at all times. Never have to use purple synths now on the raid. Very very good exotic, my new favorite exotic .

Goddamn gotta level mine asap.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
It's a shotgun. Purely pvp weapon, though they are pretty solid in the first CE section. Fusion rifle still probably better there though.

Fatebringer da god tho.

If only VoG had given me it one of 100 times I beat the hm Templar. :mad: everyone walking around with them except me.

shem935

Banned
Has anyone tried the BADGER CCL Scout from the vanguard quartermaster? Compared to VoC it has a significantly slower rate of fire but nice bump in impact.

Feels a lot slower but unless you are playing pvp it shouldn't be a problem.

gdt

We can't shoot his shield down twice, he always manages to dodge rockets from Hezen...Should we just use Ice Breaker or VoC if we don't have Gjallarhorn?

Sadly it seems that Ghorn is crucial IMO. 2 on the team makes getting it down a joke.

In all our runs we had no Gjallarhorns at all so we used Icebreaker for the first time to take him down and then switched to Corrective Measure second time around. Worked really well..

taco543

is anyone looking to do crotas end? we only need one more person on ps4. BTW were at the wizard checkpoint

my tag is Wolflycan543

EDIT:found someone! feel free to add tho if you wanna game.

gdt

If only VoG had given me it one of 100 times I beat the hm Templar. :mad: everyone walking around with them except me.

Finally got mine yesterday. So much fun ripping mobs apart.

I actually got a 330 scout rifle with the same exact perks as Fatebringer, no arc damage of course. That's gonna be useful too haha.

I actually got a 330 scout rifle with the same exact perks as Fatebringer, no arc damage of course. That's gonna be useful too haha.

Just got lucky on that first chest in the raid and got the Dragon's Breath Rocket Launcher

Anybody want to run the nightfall with me? I'm a level 30 Titan, did twice on my other two characters

gatti-man

Took Crota down in what, 2 tries with a completely new team? Getting good at this...

I did tht today too. IF you have the dps it's crazy easy. If not its a struggle.

I ran it three times this week and got 3 black hammers. Wonder what the odds are there.

Dynedom

Thanks for raiding yesterday, gdt. Took ages (and I'm running on 3 hours of sleep for work) but getting dat Black Hammer was worth it (raid gloves were the kicker).

I showed a few people but haven't posted about it. It's too broken.

I sherpa'd a group through it yesterday, but we did it legit. It's actually really easy to do legit. You just have to listen to me lol.

titans first across to blind gatekeepers. Warlocks last because I hear they can jump the gap. Have not tried this yet. Only be on mid if you need the bridge open. Once 3 people are on the away side the 3 people on home side need to go over to the platform on the left (the Pwn Strategy™) they wait for sword bearer and focus fire. When sword bearer is up and they are shooting it, that's when away side gets bridge open. Totem people need to try and agro gatekeeper to keep from killing mid, or just blind them. Away side need to watch out for wizards on left side and once everyone is over 2 ogres. Burn them as quickly as possible. As soon as both are killed you'll complete the encounter. Also pro tip. Heavy sword attack will stun gatekeeper. 5 heavy as lvl30, 3 as lvl31

Theres two pillars on the left of the bridge. If everyone jump on that and theres a warlock, someone actives the bridge. Then everyone jumps off and the warlock kills himself at the end. When the countdown hits 1, the warlock reviews himself and it should start the next phases with the adds spawning across the bridge. Kill the ogres and the bridge should form.

gdt

Theres two pillars on the left of the bridge. If everyone jump on that and theres a warlock, someone actives the bridge. Then everyone jumps off and the warlock kills himself at the end. When the countdown hits 1, the warlock reviews himself and it should start the next phases with the adds spawning across the bridge. Kill the ogres and the bridge should form.

Ho
Lee
Shit

That's the one I got my eye on. It will be mine next week when I get the marks for it. It has similar but slightly better stats than the A.1Fjblahblah Scout I am using now which is a precision shot machine. Perks look ok.

It'll be 32 light. 5 upgrade slots and 6 light to add (1, 1, 1, 1, 2) but 3 raid pieces plus an upgraded exotic would be 36+32+32+32=132=lvl31

Disappointing but I guess I have enough shards to get the first bubbles on my boots.

lol I thought about this. glad it works. may try it out :p

Izuna

Banned
http://youtu.be/18FEmO01eLY

I decided to save this Nightfall cheese because I wanted to keep it to myself, but I have a feeling that Bungie cannot patch this without making the strike incredibly boring. So hopefully they won't.

HAHAHAHA didn't realise so many people worked this out. Probably should have had it out day one then.

kidko

That's the one I got my eye on. It will be mine next week when I get the marks for it. It has similar but slightly better stats than the A.1Fjblahblah Scout I am using now which is a precision shot machine. Perks look ok.

Yeah i loved the A1, know what you mean. Same here, tho looks like it's gonna take me 2 weeks to get the marks :/

Coconut

Banned
http://youtu.be/18FEmO01eLY

I decided to save this Nightfall cheese because I wanted to keep it to myself, but I have a feeling that Bungie cannot patch this without making the strike incredibly boring. So hopefully they won't.

HAHAHAHA didn't realise so many people worked this out. Probably should have had it out day one then.

this is like a worse way of doing this than the regular cheese.

LordofPwn

But the bridge part is my favorite part to do legit...

...But that death singer part... Fuk dat bitch. Still fun cause it's like a precision SWAT raid strikeforce. But man just need a better way to deal with knights

Grimsen

Made it to the
singer
part of the raid with my usual group. It was our first time for maybe 4 of us.

Didn't get anything but shards, but I should be 31 with two characters by the reset.

Oh, and finally got the Horn! Off of a nightfall. Two of them dropped. Soo good. Our raid group just got 200% better. :p

Izuna

Banned
this is like a worse way of doing this than the regular cheese.

This is just simpler. Normally if you take down her shields she won't attack so the reviver can just go back at the start of each wave. Doing it this way makes it very unlikely a Boomer randomly comes up and shoots.

Either way, it's easy, and if you don't have the no flinch skull she goes down really quickly.

Defuser

I just found out how op is the Black Hammer sniper rifle from Crota's End. Replenishing mag from critical hits means it's damn beastly in PVE.

RIP Archon priest, Septiks Prime, Devilwalker, Sekiron.

Top Bottom