• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

I missed a lot of the thread the last few days so I don't know if anyone else has managed to get up to the uppper level on crota's stage. We were just messing around and I got up there. Maybe there's a potential cheese if we can figure out how to get up there consistently. Or maybe they're going to dump more enemies up there in the hard raid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC2yyLNo65w

Just realized I should have tried again after beating crota

oh wow.

Someone try taking the sword up there and kill the gatekeeper!!!

Lucis

Finally got 3rd warlock to 20...
im done with crota
1kBXfCW.jpg

Arrrammis

I just found out how op is the Black Hammer sniper rifle from Crota's End. Replenishing mag from critical hits means it's damn beastly in PVE.

RIP Archon priest, Septiks Prime, Devilwalker, Sekiron.

I just got it as well, jumped into a Roc strike, and ended up with the archon priest. I could have fired about every 3/4 second, but I ended up slowing down my shots, just keeping him staggered with my infinite ammo, doing about 2400 damage per shot. He just kept slowly backing up until he hit a wall. That's probably the fastest I've ever dropped him. I think I'm in love, just waiting for that perfect balance perk.

LiK

ok, i'm done with Destiny for daily grind but i'll be back for Raids after reset. I wanna see if i can get any Raid gear this time. I got zero so far. It seems quicker to get through compared to VoG.

Any Xboxer wanna jump in and help me with this Eris bounty to complete this story mission on 30? I don't feel like trying that shit solo again.

Mindlog

ffffffffffffffffff
Some of the Crota timing is really weird. Does PS4 have a 'record that' option?
heh. any 2 more to help get crota down?
I've decided to wake up dead. If you need help let me know. Would prefer to be on the DPS side of things though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
21 shards per gear. 63 per character. For me that's 126 for both characters I have. I only have like 7. This is going to take a while. And that's besides getting the gear. Only have hunter boots thus far.

I don't really plan on using the raid weapons, at least the ones I have so far, so I might turn the energy I have to shards.

Uh, wut?

Next patch makes Raid gear start at what exotics start at iirc

What do you mean by this?

ERMint13

Is there a way to stop Crota from running all over? He keeps moving away between times we have to take his shield down.

Tried Crota for about 2-3 hours. We seem to have most of the fight down but our biggest problem is losing large chunks of time for seemingly no reason. Sometimes the Swordbearer would take forever to make it to our group in the "safe zone." The Ogres seemed the same way at times. And sometimes after we took Crota down once and did damage he would get up and immediately book it to one of the sides without explanation. Any insight or tips would be helpful.

Mindlog

Is there a way to stop Crota from running all over? He keeps moving away between times we have to take his shield down.
From what I can tell.
When he is in the center you have to get your shots in. To get a second sword use the team has to maximize DPS and get those shields down immediately. You can attack Crota in other areas, but attacking him in the center is most effective.

spoilered just in case.

I am really frustrated with how I handled the sword so I'm trying to figure out exactly what went wrong.
Things I noticed off the bat.
Don't bother trying to hit him on the far side.
The sword bearer should be close to the stairs when killed.
Be aggressive earlier during the second sword use, but also leave earlier.

spoilers
crota sword combo resource guide
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...l_31_sword_damage_numbers_against_crota_most/
Some of the circumstances I was dying from are still a mystery and the PS4 hard drive isn't big enough to record it all.

LordofPwn

I am really frustrated with how I handled the sword so I'm trying to figure out exactly what went wrong.

If you are a warlock that could be the problem. Jump is slow and eats up time. And timing is everything in that fight. Hunter jump has to be very precise and can easily mess up when the pressure is on but invisibility makes going in for 2nds really easy, can even get 2 combos in. Titan seems to be the most consistent though.

Lima

If you are a warlock that could be the problem. Jump is slow and eats up time. And timing is everything in that fight. Hunter jump has to be very precise and can easily mess up when the pressure is on but invisibility makes going in for 2nds really easy, can even get 2 combos in. Titan seems to be the most consistent though.

Huh? Use the rock on the left side and always make sure to give a blade dancer Hunter the sword. You can never miss that jump with the Hunter. And you can just chill with invis at Crota. There is like nothing you can mess up when you are a Hunter. See my or fig's video.

Titans and Warlocks have no business carrying that sword.

Mindlog

Huh? Use the rock on the left side and always make sure to give a blade dancer Hunter the sword. You can never miss that jump with the Hunter. And you can just chill with invis at Crota. There is like nothing you can mess up when you are a Hunter. See my or fig's video.
I don't miss that jump. My biggest problems come from the escape. I believe I'm not landing my combos early enough and when I try to sneak in a last hit I don't have enough distance to safely escape. I need to start my DPS before the kneel. I would be safer by being more aggressive earlier.

spoilered for no reason question
Is the Sword Bearer almost always between center and the bottom of the stairs when you take him down or do you chase after him sometimes? My Gjallarhorn takes him down quickly, but I'm wondering if it's better to wait in order to maximize sword time.

LordofPwn

Titans and Warlocks have no business carrying that sword.
Had a group where hunter was missing some jumps from center, tried rock on left but was shot and killed, and having to path to right side rocks takes some time. Titans are consist and straight line.

Kensuke

Shit, did I just miss flawless run? Still need to do that. :(

Finally got mine yesterday. So much fun ripping mobs apart.

I actually got a 330 scout rifle with the same exact perks as Fatebringer, no arc damage of course. That's gonna be useful too haha.

How is that scout? Looks amazing even though it has a small mag.

LordofPwn

Is the Sword Bearer almost always between center and the bottom of the stairs when you take him down or do you chase after him sometimes? My Gjallarhorn takes him down quickly, but I'm wondering if it's better to wait in order to maximize sword time.
My 2 successes have required pushing up on sword bearer towards the end. But that means not staying in safe room. I imagine being a 32 you could always be aggressive. 2 snipers taking out Knights and then everyone focusing on sword bearer and then bursting Crota thrice. If you can kill the sword bearer in the middle and then take out Crotas shield as the sword wielder gets up to him immediately after grabbing the sword, you may be able to kill Crota with 1 sword. Also does weapons of light increase sword damage?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Good job guys. Feels nice to see all the new flawless raiders. :)

Does anyone want to do weekly with me? (don't have it unlocked) I still need to do it on my Warlock.

Top Bottom