• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Good job guys. Feels nice to see all the new flawless raiders. :)

Does anyone want to do weekly with me? (don't have it unlocked) I still need to do it on my Warlock.
I actually need to run weekly and nightfall on my alt but have neither unlocked.

nowai

I don't miss that jump. My biggest problems come from the escape. I believe I'm not landing my combos early enough and when I try to sneak in a last hit I don't have enough distance to safely escape. I need to start my DPS before the kneel. I would be safer by being more aggressive earlier.

spoilered for no reason question
Is the Sword Bearer almost always between center and the bottom of the stairs when you take him down or do you chase after him sometimes? My Gjallarhorn takes him down quickly, but I'm wondering if it's better to wait in order to maximize sword time.

We pull the sword bearer to us. If he is far away, dps but don't kill and then kill him when he is close to you.

You need to maximize the active time you have the sword.

RNGesus decided to be very generous to me during VoG Normal. Not only did I get what I mostly wanted: ass energy, but I got two Raid weapons (which I instantly dismantled), and two exotics (Last Word and Red Death). Dismantled Last Word but I'll keep Red Death since I haven't gotten it before. Hope Xur will have the upgraded one this weekend

HighOnPCP

Cheesed the raid 3 times and beat Crota legit 3 times (I won't have much time to play tomorrow or at all so I just wanted loot lol. I'll do it legit this next reset)

Got only shards/energy from checkpoints.

2x Fusion Rifle
1x Rocket Launcher

from Crota....so fucking MEH but was fun, had a great group and it all went smoothly.
Our Sword holder is the best :D

thanks for the VoG run everyone, it was very fun! A bit confusing for my first time but I had a blast! (minus the platforming bit) I look forward to more raids!

R0ckman

After spending the weekend tiger striking I can say that this seems more effective farming for engrams as loot caves were. Yeah strikes get repetetive, but I also start to lose my damn mind killing the same waves of enemies in the same location over and over. At least in the strikes I'm almost garunteed to get blue engrams at the end. Perfect for leveling master rahool.

I got tons of new legendary gear and weapons and fully restocked on motes of light in about 4 hours of strike grinding.

Manp

i don't think that's the problem at all. i've been in 2 teams that can get to crota just fine but can't beat him because "lol not enough gjallarhorn!". that's bullshit game design right there.
and it's not like you can grind to infinity to buy the damn thing, you have to wait for our RNG god to bless you with it.

btw, count me in if you want to retry this evening. even if we can't beat him i don't give a shit, fuck bungie :p

SkylineRKR

Tried Crota for about 2-3 hours. We seem to have most of the fight down but our biggest problem is losing large chunks of time for seemingly no reason. Sometimes the Swordbearer would take forever to make it to our group in the "safe zone." The Ogres seemed the same way at times. And sometimes after we took Crota down once and did damage he would get up and immediately book it to one of the sides without explanation. Any insight or tips would be helpful.

The safe zone method is a time waster and not really needed beside Ogre spawns. If you do it, send someone out with the chalice to initiate aggros.

What your team needs to do after a first combo is go outside and DPS the fuck out of him as soon as his invincible fades. If your SC is a hunter he can just cloak and be safe for 10 secs, which is enough.

rafaelr

hmm, could it be that you no longer have a chance to get strange coins from blue engrams at the cryptarch? i used to get one once in a while, but not so for the past week, only motes of light.

hmm, could it be that you no longer have a chance to get strange coins from blue engrams at the cryptarch? i used to get one once in a while, but not so for the past week, only motes of light.

It's probably just RNG. I've gotten a few SC's from blue engrams (one from a secondary weapon engram today)

Yes, I spent all of my motes/coins this past weekend & I'm already up to 13/7 I think. I got the majority from Crucible.

Hyun Sai

All those Gjallahorn requirements in the Destinylfg site are starting to get on my nerves, especially considering the RNG involved for all those who couldn't buy it from Xur.

raindoc

What your team needs to do after a first combo is go outside and DPS the fuck out of him as soon as his invincible fades. If your SC is a hunter he can just cloak and be safe for 10 secs, which is enough.

this. wait until Crota rises again, count to three, fire G'Horn - missiles will hit right after his invincibility ends (the orange glow, lasts for 5 seconds) and he'll bend a knee again.
Don't wait for the orange glow to disappear until you fire.

amar212

i don't think that's the problem at all. i've been in 2 teams that can get to crota just fine but can't beat him because "lol not enough gjallarhorn!". that's bullshit game design right there.
and it's not like you can grind to infinity to buy the damn thing, you have to wait for our RNG god to bless you with it.

btw, count me in if you want to retry this evening. even if we can't beat him i don't give a shit, fuck bungie :p

You don't need a single Gjalahorn.

All team should be 31 and sniper fire (Ice Breaker, Queen sniper) and normal launchers can do wonders.

Gjalahorn is nor needed. We only use Ice Breakers.

Cool, got bridge part of Crota raid done tonight. Got my first Crota raid gear (boots)! Just need to beat the boss with him now. Then comes fresh runs with my alts.

I'm excited to try out the boss for the first time tomorrow. I see the gear is 24 light. Hopefully the patch will update existing ones.

Jinjo

He would have done better with literally any sniper rifle.

Exactly. The reload is atrocious. There are so many times in that clip where he should have died if he had a decent competent player against him. He whiffs so many headshots too.

I was planning on making my Warlock alt the first one to be raid ready after my maingirl Titan, but after seeing Fig's bladedancing skills I gotta get me in on that ASAP. Good to see the Hunter class finally getting the spotlight.

Titans are still the true heroes of Destiny though.

Jinjo

aw I liked the no land beyond video :(, in terrible defense it does what bungie wanted. feels fun/overpowered when it's really not even close.

anyways, video of someone wearing ruin wings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GS2L2EfOh0Y

Love the Ruin Wings, they are absolutely godlike, but the amount of heavy ammo you're gonna get is a bit skewed due to the ridiculous amount of thralls in that video. Remember, you got 1.5 times/double the amount of rockets/ammo from each of those boxes too. Probably a better exotic than the Armamentarium, epecially when you have a Gjallarhorn or Thunderlord. Together with Saint-14 the best Titan exotic in the game, but that one is a bit more situational.

Hey, sorry for yesterday was dead tired after the nightfall :-(
it's fine.
1- with you, the teacher
2- without you, all of us clueless, but we get through it somehow
3- today, I am a student that has become the teacher. taught a group here what to do we get it done in a few attempts (after they've been failing for two+ hours before I joined)

KeRaSh

So I got the Claws of Ahamkara from a legendary engram yesterday. I think I will finally retire my beloved Sunbreakers once the new gloves are leveled. Two charges for Flame Shield seems like a pretty great perk with all the Thralls charging at you in the new content.

Maledict

sad considering you can do it just fine without a single Gjallarhorn.

I'd partislly disagree.

Whilst your can, of course, do absolutely fine without Gallahorn, it's hard to disagree with the fact that the weapon itself is broken and creates issues in the game. It is so absurdly better than anything else you can fit in that slot I do honestly think it's causing balance issues in the game.

It does so, so much more single target damage than any other weapon in the game, by a long way. Even in a fight like Crota's where you don't kill the end boss, it's still much better at taking down sword bearers and ogres than anything else. Guarantee that it's at the heart of successful hard mode kills as well.

Definitely feels like something they need to look at.

KeRaSh

I'd partislly disagree.

Whilst your can, of course, do absolutely fine without Gallahorn, it's hard to disagree with the fact that the weapon itself is broken and creates issues in the game. It is so absurdly better than anything else you can fit in that slot I do honestly think it's causing balance issues in the game.

It does so, so much more single target damage than any other weapon in the game, by a long way. Even in a fight like Crota's where you don't kill the end boss, it's still much better at taking down sword bearers and ogres than anything else. Guarantee that it's at the heart of successful hard mode kills as well.

Definitely feels like something they need to look at.

I recently discussed this with my brother while doing some random bounties. There really is no point in using any other rocket launcher if you have this beast. I'm pretty sure they will never let Xur sell it again because it is so broken.
Why don't the just nerf Gjallarhorn to a point where it's more in line with other alternatives and treat it like a normal exotic again? I'd rather have a more balanced version available to more people than a broken version that's exclusive to a lucky bunch.

Kensuke

Hunger of Crota doesn't come close to doing the same damage as Gjallarhorn, but it's a good alternative if you want Icebreaker.

SharkJAW

Well, there has to be one weapon that has the best DPS. I'd imagine an exotic rocket launcher would make sense. I don't have a Gjallarhorn myself, but to nerf it for the age of making it more available would make me not want it at all. The strength of it is why it's desired.

ocean

Banned
Still salty I passed on it on week 2 :/

I really thought Xûr would sell it the last weekend before DLC to entice users. "Xûr will sell Gjallarhorn next weekend" is the new "The Last Guardian will show next E3".

Top Bottom