• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Shito

Those potential rewards are too good to pass up though. You should try it with a 3 man team and let 1 person stay in the back at all times in case something goes wrong. Yes, it's tedious.
Well, I haven't been really lucky on nightfalls up until now, and "there's always next week". :) Plus I got lucky and looted Hawkmoon (the upgraded version) from soloing CE's first chest, so this makes up for it this week.
Only thing I really miss is the rep bonus...

Bogeypop

I didn't think I'd have to go through this pain again so soon after getting my Thorn only a few days ago...

MUuLBeo.jpg

Let the nightmare begin again...

Rixa

I didn't think I'd have to go through this pain again so soon after getting my Thorn only a few days ago...

Let the nightmare begin again...

Iam doing Tolands Legacy and I do have Thorn bounty in stage where you need to take part in Crucible. I might try to get these done together later. I really hate PVP part tho :(.

ocean

Banned
I have Pocket Infinity, SGA, Bad Juju and Thorn as half-complete. No energy to get those done with the current glimmer crisis :p

Meneses

Iam doing Tolands Legacy and I do have Thorn bounty in stage where you need to take part in Crucible. I might try to get these done together later. I really hate PVP part tho :(.

Crucible Exotic bounties are the worst, I really hate that they "force" people to do that.

hEist

well, after i finally found a raid group ~5 weeks ago. finally able to try raid myself (only completed normal vog a couple of times, we tried hard but never finished it somehow...) my group is no more existing since 4 of them stoped playing destiny in the last 2 weeks, so i couldn't even try the new raid.

well, any german/eu gaf "novice" raid group available for weekly raids?
hunter - 31 lvl.
psn: hEist22

SkylineRKR

I completed Toland yesterday, its Bad Juju. Wasn't hard. Just time consuming but I didn't really set my sights on it. Just played Weeklies, nightfalls and ROC as regular and within a week I had that part completed (last saturday, so Xur was luckily there). The PvP part I did because of easy PvP bounties and had 10k after... 8 games or so?

I have Thorn bounty, thats the only one that does suck. The other 4 were easy imo, even their PvP objectives.

Sigh just finished a strike with an afk guy sitting in the back, didn't notice till I was halfway to the boss. He ended up getting a legendary engram and promptly disconnected before the results screen so I couldn't even get a screenshot of the bullshit. Why is there no way to indicate a dude is being an afk fucker. If two of us could vote on that shit it'd be great.

ocean

Banned
well, after i finally found a raid group ~5 weeks ago. finally able to try raid myself (only completed normal vog a couple of times, we tried hard but never finished it somehow...) my group is no more existing since 4 of them stoped playing destiny in the last 2 weeks, so i couldn't even try the new raid.

well, any german/eu gaf "novice" raid group available for weekly raids?
hunter - 31 lvl.
psn: hEist22
There's a few regular groups around here but people mostly post when they're available and form groups on the fly. At peak hours there's usually a few groups raiding at the same time and it's generally easy to make one or join one that's looking. Stay tuned tomorrow - Tuesdays are a Nightfall/Weekly/Raid frenzy.

Meneses

Yeah, the Thorn bounty is the worst Crucible-wise, the others aren't THAT bad.

Still, I wish they had an alternative for people who hate PVP or don't have good enough connections to effectively play it.

The gun is worth it. DO IT.

I agree, I really like it since the buff, it's basically my main weapon now.

jaaz

The gun is worth it. DO IT.

I have the 331Thorn almost fully upgraded and its a beast. I've heard people say it's a PvP gun, but I've been using it in PvE and absolutely wrecking. After patch, it's the best hand cannon in the game in my opinion, and I have them all. The range now is amazing.

Hyun Sai

Sigh just finished a strike with an afk guy sitting in the back, didn't notice till I was halfway to the boss. He ended up getting a legendary engram and promptly disconnected before the results screen so I couldn't even get a screenshot of the bullshit. Why is there no way to indicate a dude is being an afk fucker. If two of us could vote on that shit it'd be great.

I always check if everybody is playing, if not I leave.

Manp

You don't need a single Gjalahorn.

All team should be 31 and sniper fire (Ice Breaker, Queen sniper) and normal launchers can do wonders.

Gjalahorn is nor needed. We only use Ice Breakers.

it's not like everyone has an Ice Breaker either. i have no idea about the queen sniper since i don't have it and you can no longer obtain it, but the other snipers you could buy from vanguard and crucible (so not given to you by RNG) before the DLC were not nearly as good as IB.
i'm sure Gjallahorn is not needed, it just make everything much easier.

i heard you'd like pocket infinty. let me give you the bounty set with thorn, invective and bad juju for the 6th time.
yeah... no thanks :|

:)

amar212

Opinions differ.

For me and my friends, both two new strikes are amazing and they finally fell like an challenge on high levels. Especially the Omnigul one.

It takes varied group of Guardians (Titan for Weapon of Light, Hunter for Golden Gun and Warlock for Suunsinger revive as backup - with Voidfang for Orbs if possible), lot of ammo, patience and time (pun intended).

But it really feels like an accomplishment.

All other strikes are chessable (except for the PS Mars strike, which is also amazing) and they are boredom fitness: find a spot (left room at Sepiks, ledge at Nexus, stones for Archon, entry room on Moon or boxes for Valuus) - and voila, been-done.

Omnigul is a nice change in dynamics and tactics.

It will be nice to try it in the very room once we will be able to go to LV32.

GlamFM

Banned
it's not like everyone has an Ice Breaker either. i have no idea about the queen sniper since i don't have it and you can no longer obtain it, but the other snipers you could buy from vanguard and crucible (so not given to you by RNG) before the DLC were not nearly as good as IB.
i'm sure Gjallahorn is not needed, it just make everything much easier.

i heard you'd like pocket infinty. let me give you the bounty set with thorn, invective and bad juju for the 6th time.
yeah... no thanks :|

:)

Hey Manp!

Were you able to finish Crota yesterday?

SkylineRKR

So sad Pocket Infinity is still broken (I still is right? I noticed weak DPS after respawn). And I hope we can Xur it next week.

My goodness Eris still ain't rank 2 yet. They need to give us more bounties or raise the bounty reward. It's going to be another week before I can make rank 3 (the one where you can actually buy something worthwhile).

Crota second to last phase strategy that I haven't seen yet that we did last night.

Wizards/Shriekers/Ir Yut part.

- Run into room, run past two Knights that are kneeling. 3 people go left, 3 people go right.
- 2 people on each side run up stairs to second level and jump to safe rooms across from enemies rooms.
- 1 person on each side runs into middle and "pulls out" their respective wizards.
- Wizards come outside, each team kills their wizards.
- Focus on Knights to thin them out from safe room (icebreakers all day.)
- LEFT SIDE HAS IT EASY, was like this every single time we ran this.
- After 3 or 4 knights are down on left side, left team moves up stairs and takes out their shrieker.
- Right side struggles to thin their knights just enough to get access to shrieker, kill their shriker.
- ALL RIGHT SIDE MEMBER RUN TO LEFT SIDE.
- Everyone enters through left side. Blessing of light in center of room. One guy in back taking care of thralls/acolytes and hailing rockets into knights in center room.

deafmedal

All this exotic bounty talk reminds me that I was ~400/500 kills for the SGA bounty... until I decided to run Crota with that character lol. Maybe one day I'll finish it :p

I expect Bungie will change how the first chest spawns in CE, ran my 29 Titan in there hoping for more new shards and walked out with a Suros! Didn't buy it before so that's cool I guess :)

Geneijin

i don't think that's the problem at all. i've been in 2 teams that can get to crota just fine but can't beat him because "lol not enough gjallarhorn!". that's bullshit game design right there.
and it's not like you can grind to infinity to buy the damn thing, you have to wait for our RNG god to bless you with it.

btw, count me in if you want to retry this evening. even if we can't beat him i don't give a shit, fuck bungie :p
It's just as easy without a Gjallarhorn actually. The way Bungie designed the final boss fight, coordination is way more important than damage output because if you stagger Crota too fast, precious time is wasted for the Sword Bearer as that's the only source of damage. 30s with maxed Vision of Confluence and Praedyth's Revenge can do more than fine.

If you can get past Deathsinger fine, you should have no problem against Crota honestly.

Rixa

All this exotic bounty talk reminds me that I was ~400/500 kills for the SGA bounty... until I decided to run Crota with that character lol. Maybe one day I'll finish it :p

I expect Bungie will change how the first chest spawns in CE, ran my 29 Titan in there hoping for more new shards and walked out with a Suros! Didn't buy it before so that's cool I guess :)

Someone got Hawkmoon from that chest. I did get 2 shards.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Chances to get a based Gjallarhorn per week if you have 3 characters.

3x Vog chest
3x Atheon
3x CE chest
3x Nightfall
1x Xur

I finally got a Hawkmoon last week so yeah don't get discouraged too much.

Rixa

3x Vog chest
3x Atheon
3x CE chest
3x Nightfall
1x Xur

= 6 times old Gjallababy
= 7 times new Gjallababy

Has Bungie said anything about VoG Legendaries & Exotics 300 cap?

k1t4j

3x Vog chest
3x Atheon
3x CE chest
3x Nightfall
1x Xur

I only have 2 characters that do this and still after 3 months

#forevernoIcebreaker
#forevornoGhalajorn

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I need to join a support group.....

ocean

Banned

3x Vog chest
3x Atheon
3x CE chest
3x Nightfall
1x Xur

VoG chest and Atheon are doable twice with different difficulties so even more chances.

I've never seen the VoG chest spit double Exotics if you go straight for Heroic so doing it first on Normal might give you a better (or at least additional) chance.

3x Vog chest
3x Atheon
3x CE chest
3x Nightfall
1x Xur

got as close to the horn from the gorgon chest as I'll ever get ;_;

damn you kopy :p

Rubenov

For those Gjallarhorn-less Guardians I hope you at least have the Truth (Xur sold it last weekend). You may have to use 1 more rocket than Gjallarhorn per turn but at least you won't miss. Having the "new" upgraded version helps too.

Top Bottom