• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Midas

Nah, bunch of 30s with nothing but Praedyth's revenge will take a long time bringing down Crota's shield, increasing the chances of bad things happening. I've seen it.

I guess we're used to it then. I mean, it take four or five rounds of beating him down. But I don't see a problem with that. It's fun, so I don't have to do it with 2-3 swords. No stress.

Geneijin

Nah, bunch of 30s with nothing but Praedyth's revenge will take a long time bringing down Crota's shield, increasing the chances of bad things happening. I've seen it.
I've also seen 4 Icebreakers and 2 Praedyth's Revenge messing up because there was a perfect momentary lull where someone didn't fire a shot and Crota regenerated his health back. VoC and PR really aren't that bad. Even Corrective Measure pulls its weight because of its large clip and rate of fire.

ocean

Banned
For those Gjallarhorn-less Guardians I hope you at least have the Truth (Xur sold it last weekend). You may have to use 1 more rocket than Gjallarhorn per turn but at least you won't miss. Having the "new" upgraded version helps too.
My (old) Truth isn't fully upgraded and only does 278 attack. I'm gonna level it up for Crota because it's real easy to miss a shot with Hezen Vengeance. HZ does OK damage but it doesn't track. Given the distance you shoot from, even a few steps are enough for your rocket to miss if you don't aim carefully to where you think he'll be.

It's my best shot until the Horn or Crota's RL drop for me.

Calling dibs on this amazing group of people for a fresh Crota run tomorrow:

yQ2wCfO.png

Yep, same time as yesterday, we'll knock it out in an hour max.

Brehs I've had enough. Any certified killers wanna help me kill Crota?

Gonna be online for the next 2-3 hours.

If you can find an experienced swordsmith, I can help for about 30 mins. Level 31 hunter, tried Crota for 30 mins last night before we had to disband. I'm not yet competent enough with the sword.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

noomi

Alright so Hunger of Crota is pretty awesome, it's just like the gjallarhorn minus the wolf rounds (tracking clusters). At least it actually tracks the target with the initial shot. Also frees up an exotic slot, which is very nice. Good bye Hezen Vengeance.

New RL ranking: Gjallarhorn > Hunger of Crota > Truth > Hezen

Swordbreaker is pretty sick too, the fire rate and reload time makes it very viable. Probably much better for PvP, but it holds it own in PvE as well, during certain scenarios at least.

Wishlist for next week:

- Gjallarhorn
- Black Hammer
- Hawkmoon
- Arachnid Helm

Please RNGesus shine your light upon me!

I can come online in 5 mins. Lets do it!

Im ready for assistance. Psn is redman_dk

If you can find an experienced swordsmith, I can help for about 30 mins. Level 31 hunter, tried Crota for 30 mins last night before we had to disband. I'm not yet competent enough with the sword.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

Awesome

Anyone willing to go on sword duty?

Also, you in Geneijin?

Haha, that was an awesome run.

What time did we do it yesterday? I don't get home from work until 7 PM Eastern, if that's too late for the group I understand if you guys want to get it done earlier in the day.

We did it around 3:30 pm yesterday, 7pm est is too late for me but I'll help you out over the weekend. That should work.
Awesome

Anyone willing to go on sword duty?

Also, you in Geneijin?

I can take the sword

GlamFM

Banned
Haha, that was an awesome run.

What time did we do it yesterday? I don't get home from work until 7 PM Eastern, if that's too late for the group I understand if you guys want to get it done earlier in the day.

We did it around 3:30 pm yesterday, 7pm est is too late for me but I'll help you out over the weekend. That should work.

Yay - way too late for Euroland.

But I´m down to do it again over the weekend.

Geneijin

Need some receipts. I know it shouldn't be too difficult but we just couldn't get it done earlier. Mindlog did a good job with sword too I dunno.

I just wanna see that punk bitch die
:lol, did it 5 times since man. It's why I want to do it with you if you haven't cleared him yet.

You also have me on your friend's list already.

PSN Kopyasu

SkylineRKR

Alright so Hunger of Crota is pretty awesome, it's just like the gjallarhorn minus the wolf rounds (tracking clusters). At least it actually tracks the target with the initial shot. Also frees up an exotic slot, which is very nice. Good bye Hezen Vengeance.

New RL ranking: Gjallarhorn > Hunger of Crota > Truth > Hezen

Swordbreaker is pretty sick too, the fire rate and reload time makes it very viable. Probably much better for PvP, but it holds it own in PvE as well, during certain scenarios at least.

Wishlist for next week:

- Gjallarhorn
- Black Hammer
- Hawkmoon
- Arachnid Helm

Please RNGesus shine your light upon me!

I love Swordbreaker. Its the best shotgun I tried yet. Very stable, very good ROF. I do well with it in PvP. Good sound and the overall feel is just great. From close up it wrecks shielded enemies in PvE.

Arachnid sucks by the way. I got it this weekend and its perk is completely useless. Zoom makes GG some sort of a burden and I _think_ the range does not increase.

fucking shit, I never play my titan and now I need to farm 100 plasteel plates to hit lvl 31, this is less than optimal imo. Been running strikes, keep getting disconnected with a bunch of random errors halfway through it's kind of infuriating. How have they not added a vendor for these mats yet. (at a price better than 250 glimmer for one)

Chances to get a based Gjallarhorn per week if you have 3 characters.

3x Vog chest
3x Atheon
3x CE chest
3x Nightfall
1x Xur

I finally got a Hawkmoon last week so yeah don't get discouraged too much.

Hey man, guess what I got from heavy legendary engram this morning?

Also, Im down for 2 VOG runs today, psn Dontbrickmebro

Steroyd

dvR3NEa.jpg

Nexus/Solar burn was the last, before TDB dropped

Wait what... so according to this chart we're going to go from Matrix bullet dodger, to fucking Spongebob.

Kill me now.

Edit: And I need the fucking strange coins, because maybe's and exotic shards in the equation.

Shito

I rather face Spongebob than the witch. Spongebob doesn't have more witches for back up and you can't miss his big ass.
I'm with you on this one.
The problem I have with Omnigul is that you are more or less forced to take the "cheese" way. All the other ones are somewhat of a choice, but with Omnigul, stepping inside is a death sentence. They just added a few adds spawning in the cheese zone and that's it... "Bleh".

LiK

I rather face Spongebob than the witch. Spongebob doesn't have more witches for back up and you can't miss his big ass.

they're both awful but the Witch is definitely worse. Even when I was playing a level 26 strike in Vanguard Roc, she took forever to kill. At least Valus drops faster.

Top Bottom