• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Ourobolus

Banned
I've died over 100 times to Crota. That's depressing.

Hopefully there's a group running around 4:30PM EST. I need to beat this fucker.

EL CUCO

It's really not.

Warlocks are so weak.
Needing cheese and revives to beat anything.
HbPTZUD.jpg

Midas

Is farming glimmer the new farming mats? I never have enough and my time with Xur was limited not by coins, but glimmer. I missed my Thunderlord upgrade because I didn't have a chance to grind glimmer saturday night. The glimmer bonus buffs via grimoire + consumable are laughable. Why so stingy with giving out glimmer on top of the really low cap?

The Eris bounties are horribly redundant already. Rank 3 is going to be mind numbing to get to...especially across alts.

Is there really a need to level Eris with alts?

Varvor

It's really not.

Warlocks are so weak. Needing cheese and revives to beat anything.

You see,

This is kind of shit i dont get. Why not get one of each class and enjoy them all for their strenghts not play with biased elitism towards class favouritism.

I enjoy my hunter a lot these days but i fear there will be backlash towards them once hardmode is out, just like there was during VoG Hard...because remmember VOGN =/= VoGH.

So it seems if you have a self-res warlock during the
Crota fight, your team can wipe to a Knight at the beginning in the starting chamber, then have the last one to die be the warlock. Before the wipe/reset counter hits 0:00, he self-ressurects and revives the rest of the team. This removes the "Presence of Crota" debuff for everyone throughout the entire fight, allowing everyone to health-regen as normal without the chalice.

warlocks, king of cheese
Doesn't even sound like its worth bothering doing.
The chalice hardly has any impact on this fight. It would have been more useful if there was a constant DoT or something.

You see,

This is kind of shit i dont get. Why not get one of each class and enjoy them all for their strenghts not play with biased elitism game towards class favouritism.

I enjoy my hunter a lot these days but i fear there will be backlash towards them once hardmode is out, just like there was during VoG Hard...because remmember VOGN =/= VoGH.
Lol
Settle the fuck down. Harmless fun is harmless. Stop getting your panties in a twist.

gatti-man

b..but i need to finish it before the reset! i got nothing from the other checkpoints :(

btw, sounds good for tomorrow

If you need help I'll be on this afternoon but I'm cst not gmt. Add gatti-man and I'll try and get on earlier than normal.

All good for Tuesday though!

noomi

Any groups getting together for Crota tomorrow after reset? I've beaten him twice and am very familiar with the mechanics and fights. I'm home after 3:30PM EST

Let me know ;)

You see,

This is kind of shit i dont get. Why not get one of each class and enjoy them all for their strenghts not play with biased elitism towards class favouritism.

I have one of each class.

Fuck Warlocks. Use your Voidwalker more.

Ourobolus

Banned
Man, just thinking back to all of the damn glitches we were having annoys me. I think at least half of my deaths were due to one or more of the following:

- Sword disappearing on Swordbearer death
- Ogres spawning after first Swordbearer
- Oversoul getting destroyed yet still killing the party
- Chalice disappearing completely
- Crota falling off the walkway and murdering everyone
- Crota swordswiping the guy with the sword halfway across the map

Anyone know how many points the Eris bounties are worth in total today? Mobile app won't show me and can't get to b.net from work.

(please exclude any bounties Titans can't do, I know she tosses in class specific ones now and then!)

:) thanks!

Midas

lol whut, I just got an old level 300 legendary from a brand new blue engram, who codes this game? the fuck are they doing?

No idea. Someone in my raid team got that as well. I got my first pre-dlc weapon from an engram the other day. Final Rest II with 331. Will level that one up!

After watching tons of videos, we finally went into the new raid last night. All first timers, but we knew what to do. Mostly GAFfers. 4 level 31s and 2 30s.

We got to Crota in about 3 hours. We will finish him tonight.

All in all, the raid is nowheres near as fun and creative as the Vault of Glass. Phase 1 is fun. Phase 2 is clever with requiring everyone to be good and not being able to carry anyone.
The Ir Yut part is by far the worst. Horrible all around. Theres nothing tricky about it, the only timing that needs to be done is the order in which you kill things and beating the whole thing in a certain time limit. Its like they said, "This isn't that hard.... okay, throw in 200 more Knights." Its not fun and oh yeah........ no loot.

Ourobolus

Banned
All in all, the raid is nowheres near as fun and creative as the Vault of Glass. Phase 1 is fun. Phase 2 is clever with requiring everyone to be good and not being able to carry anyone.
The Ir Yut part is by far the worst. Horrible all around. Theres nothing tricky about it, the only timing that needs to be done is the order in which you kill things and beating the whole thing in a certain time limit. Its like they said, "This isn't that hard.... okay, throw in 200 more Knights." Its not fun and oh yeah........ no loot.

I agree that it's a bit of a step down, but I really, really enjoyed the bridge part. I thought it was pretty fun, and figuring it out with a group of guys was really satisfying. The first part was also fun, but man it was hectic.

Agreed about the damn other part though. Worst part of the raid. I still haven't beaten Crota, but that Witch was just stupid (and no loot, WTF).

LiK

After watching tons of videos, we finally went into the new raid last night. All first timers, but we knew what to do. Mostly GAFfers. 4 level 31s and 2 30s.

We got to Crota in about 3 hours. We will finish him tonight.

agree, the timer is fucking stupid. it forces people to rush which takes away from the rest of the raid's more strategic elements.

Top Bottom