• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Two questions for you GAF;

1) I need some tips on drawing out the Swordbearer on the Crota fight and bringing him down faster. We have all of the mechanics down, we just seem to lose some time at random when the Swordbearer randomly putts around and takes forever.

2) What primary weapons that are sold by vendors in the tower are best for PvE. I have plenty of Crota's End level special and heavy weapons, but no non-exotic TDB primaries yet.

R0ckman

Hmm, interested in Black Hammer but not sure I want to deem it better than Ice Breaker, Ice Breaker is guaranteed to relevant in later..."expansions" to the grind. Raid weapons clearly aren't and would only be good for hive based missions in the future.

Kensuke

I think Black Hammer is already overrated. It's a very situational weapon that only really shines against bosses without a shield. Even then it's hard to get crits consistently, unless you're talking about The Devil's Lair bosses.

LordofPwn

Two questions for you GAF;

1) I need some tips on drawing out the Swordbearer on the Crota fight and bringing him down faster. We have all of the mechanics down, we just seem to lose some time at random when the Swordbearer randomly putts around and takes forever.
One must seek danger to conquer fears in order to topple a god.

Finally! A decent challe-

*remembers the new cheese*

FUCKING DAMMIT!
? do tell.

Namikaze1

? do tell.

So it seems if you have a self-res warlock during the
Crota fight, your team can wipe to a Knight at the beginning in the starting chamber, then have the last one to die be the warlock. Before the wipe/reset counter hits 0:00, he self-ressurects and revives the rest of the team. This removes the "Presence of Crota" debuff for everyone throughout the entire fight, allowing everyone to health-regen as normal without the chalice.

warlocks, king of cheese

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Hmm, interested in Black Hammer but not sure I want to deem it better than Ice Breaker, Ice Breaker is guaranteed to relevant in later..."expansions" to the grind. Raid weapons clearly aren't and would only be good for hive based missions in the future.

One of the reasons Black Hammer is so desired is because it frees up your exotic slot. As much as I love the IB, I hate taking up my exotic slot with it.

E92 M3

Stop talking about the Black Hammer, guys. I'm never going to get it :(

BTW: Destiny keeps kicking me out with Baboon errors - anyone else?

Shito

I think Black Hammer is already overrated. It's a very situational weapon that only really shines against bosses without a shield. Even then it's hard to get crits consistently, unless you're talking about The Devil's Lair bosses.
Valus Ta'aurc, the Archon priest and the Nexus are reaaaally easy to crit.
But yeah, it's a more situationnal weapon than Gjallarhorn.

rNilla

but there is no reviving in hard mode... unless everyone is a sunsinger but warlock jump sucks.

A team of six Sunsingers huddle together to commit ritual fusion grenade suicide. Sounds like a blast.
Also good luck swordbearing as a Sunsinger on HM.

phen0m24

I watched my son accompanied by PrivateWHudson's son take out Xyor on Saturday. Yes they had help.
If you read GAF, thanks Dan
. They were laughing, yelling things like "Aaaah" and "Don't die!" and were pretty hilarious to watch. But they did it together.

Reading this thread sometimes I think we kind of lose that spirit of grabbing a friend and having an adventure. Reading whoever wrote "Horrible Crota teams" - wow. Can only imagine the fun had in those rounds. Yikes.

If people are taking it that seriously and you find me in "your" game please let me know - I'll gladly give up my place to a more "1337" player. :(

Likes having fun with friends and trying to make people laugh. Maybe that's a crutch because I'm not very good at the game.

So...i would love to run the nightfall with my two alts before the reset, i can play right now, anyone kind enough to help me with it? no mic, is dead atm, also i can not be squad leader because i still have those locked with them.

Psn: HunterCero

Quoting for new page

Namikaze1

My upgraded Suros can be fully maxed out any time, I just need the glimmer for the last upgrade. My upgraded Ice Breaker needs four more upgrades to be fully maxed out. My Crota's End machine gun just needs 13 Radiant Energy to be maxed out.

Top Bottom