• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Is there really a need to level Eris with alts?
Good point, unless there is armor that require her items to level, then cross class stuff shouldn't be affected by her offerings. It would be nice if her class items and emblems offered a rep boost regardless.

Is anyone planning a raid tonight? My wife and I would like a shot at crota. We'd like some guidance though, not just rushed through it. Also would prefer minimal cheering. We 'd like to learn the tactics now, and not when bungie patches in fixes later.

Iceman829

Man, just thinking back to all of the damn glitches we were having annoys me. I think at least half of my deaths were due to one or more of the following:

- Sword disappearing on Swordbearer death
- Ogres spawning after first Swordbearer
- Oversoul getting destroyed yet still killing the party
- Chalice disappearing completely
- Crota falling off the walkway and murdering everyone
- Crota swordswiping the guy with the sword halfway across the map

It seems Aethon has taught him well with ways to cheese the guardians.

X-Frame

Where does the new Raid Fusion Rifle sit amongst all other current fusion rifles, exotics included?

It seems like it could be a beast in the raid as well as in PvP with that crazy charge time, Hip Fire stability and Crowd Control perks. Plus you can max the reload.

Is there really a need to level Eris with alts?

I questionned my friend about this and he told me that he is doing it while I told him that I will only do Eris chores with 1 character only.

Eris slows down my Crucible Marks and IMO it is useful to have both Vanguard Marks and Crucible Marks to get mats, gear or whatever. Plus some weapons are better on one side or the other.

Hunting for Knights with Swords and waiting for spawns is zzzzzzzz

Shito

Is anyone planning a raid tonight? My wife and I would like a shot at crota. We'd like some guidance though, not just rushed through it. Also would prefer minimal cheering. We 'd like to learn the tactics now, and not when bungie patches in fixes later.
I must admit I really like that typo / autocorrect. :D

Today is the best day ever. Completeled the nightfall (and got a purple engram as a reward), AND I find two more purple engram as enemy drops wow wow wee wow dint
What did you end up getting off of that? I got an updated Monte Carlo (can shard the old one) and an LDR 5001 solar burn sniper out of a rare engram from that Nightfall. Has some decent perks too, so I can get some good use out of in favor of Exotic primary or heavy.

dB Viper

Can someone give me the areas where loot actually drops in the raid?

Trying to remember off top of my head...I'm pretty sure I got loot from:

Weigh of Darkness area
Cross the Bridge
Final Boss Crota

The
Liturgy part
didn't drop, right?

Varvor

I didn't realize Warlocks are so hated... lol

I know man, as i wake up and file away washed dishes in a kitchen...having a nice read on my ipad and boom suddenly warlocks are public enemy number one! Its ok, our day of reckoning is comming soon in form of hardmode CE.

After much grind and much effort results have been achieved. I should have made a spreadsheet because I messed some stuff up including overlevelling my hunters armour slightly. Burning through 20k glimmer to buy the plasteel plating sucked, farming a bunch of glimmer to upgrade exotic helmets sucked, farming a bunch of marks kinda sucked. Oh and since I ran out of marks I had to farm oldschool mats too.

But now I'm totally ready to hit crota's end next week and beyond so I can join the #foreverthirtyoneclub, like I was in the #forever29 club. It took me until IB hit to get to 30 despite clearing the hard raid 3 times each week for several months. I'm expecting the same thing to happen here only I won't even get invited to the hard raid at 31.

muchgrinding0qu1f.jpg

Weigh of Darkness area
Cross the Bridge
Final Boss Crota

The
Liturgy part
didn't drop, right?

That's correct.

Weigh of Darkness area
Cross the Bridge
Final Boss Crota

The
Liturgy part
didn't drop, right?

Thats it.

Also, Chest when you first start raid in Darkness, and chest after bridge (if you're quick enough.)

So...i would love to run the nightfall with my two alts before the reset, i can play right now, anyone kind enough to help me with it? no mic, is dead atm, also i can not be squad leader because i still have those locked with them.

Psn: HunterCero

Deku Tree

So...i would love to run the nightfall with my two alts before the reset, i can play right now, anyone kind enough to help me with it? no mic, is dead atm, also i can not be squad leader because i still have those locked with them.

Psn: HunterCero

I can run it with you once I level up my Hunter from 17-20 then to 30 if your still looking by then.

Daemul

You know for all the build up Crota and the hive have been given they're pretty disappointing.

I guess that's Destiny in a nut shell doh :p

I still have no idea why we eve had to go on a suicide mission down into the darkness when we already stopped Crota from ever coming back during the missions. What moron came up with that idea? Leave well enough alone.

Varvor

Looking to start GAF PvP Train of Pain! In 4 min!

Who wants yo do some face melting?

1. SGamar (me)

Where is Zoba/twilight at? I need him to make me look bad!!

melee 5 cursed thralls without dying should not have taken an hour :(
I think that was meant to coincide with the Patrol missions from Eris. When you have to find and kill the marked Thrall in the corner of the Lunar Complex, a bunch of Cursed Thralls attack you almost immediately. I was able to get it done pretty quickly, sorry you wasted so much time.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
The worst part about a new character is having a lack of class items needed for upgrades. I'm always out of hadronic essences on my warlock, and my hunter will surely be in the same situation.

Jinjo

Warlocks can't have it Titans and Hunters are the MVP's for CE, so they resort to the cheese again to try and matter a bit. Silly babbies.

Steroyd

Looking to start GAF PvP Train of Pain! In 4 min!

Who wants yo do some face melting?

1. SGamar (me)

Where is Zoba/twilight at? I need him to make me look bad!!

Me, ME!

It's strange, forever staring at the complete 25 strikes, part of an exotic bounty, but jump head first in the void damage kills.

R0ckman

I know bungie will never do this, but it would be really cool if they made an abandoned version of the raid areas after everything has been made useless in later updates, you can go to them through the patrol area and just farm enemies, there could be several weekly regenerating chests that contain all types of goodies like shards, energy, engrams, materials etc.

Top Bottom