• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Rubenov

Depends on the situation, as with everything, but I do think Black Hammer is better than Gjalla for quite a lot of bosses.
All the ones you can stagger, to start with something. :)

Well, the truth is you can have both at the same time. I'll grind till I get the hammer.

Good first run on the CE raid with my Hunter.

1. Raid boots
2. Raid gauntlets
3. Black Hammer (no I haven't been able to really try it out yet, but I hear amazing things)

My upgraded Suros can be fully maxed out any time, I just need the glimmer for the last upgrade. My upgraded Ice Breaker needs four more upgrades to be fully maxed out. My Crota's End machine gun just needs 13 Radiant Energy to be maxed out.

Funny that you're focusing on the same stuff as me.

Got my crota MG all maxed except need two more shards to fill it. IB is maxed, Suros is about halfway. Need to grind hard for that one tonight.

How many points short are you of hitting level 2 with Eris?

Namikaze1

Funny that you're focusing on the same stuff as me.

Got my crota MG all maxed except need two more shards to fill it. IB is maxed, Suros is about halfway. Need to grind hard for that one tonight.

How many points short are you of hitting level 2 with Eris?
49. -__-

I should've done that stupid bounty...

Shito

If Bungie really wanted to make the raid hard, they would add the Nightfall modifier to the hard version of CE...

vgmdqmk.png

Well, the truth is you can have both at the same time. I'll grind till I get the hammer.
I. Didn't. Even. Think. About. That! :O
Silly me... I want it even harder, now...

realcZk

I've always done the 3xR2 on Crota but I just read about the R2 animation canceling. Is it just R2 then a quick tap of R1 followed by R2 again? R2 R1 R2 R1 R2

Wonder how much of a difference it makes. It's very possible to get 4xR2s in without that if its timed perfectly.

Namikaze1

Hmm. I did all the bounties I'm pretty sure, and by my calcs I will still be short after doing todays...the new ones are worth 250 altogether I am told. I am 292 points away.

How much bonus do we get on these for nightfall?
With the Nightfall bonus, I got 311 when I handed today's bounties in.

Kensuke

Valus Ta'aurc, the Archon priest and the Nexus are reaaaally easy to crit.
But yeah, it's a more situationnal weapon than Gjallarhorn.

Sure, they're not so bad. But even some of those recoil their heads pretty hard, making you miss a shot. I guess if the whole team is using them you can keep the stunlock alive.

X-Frame

I watched my son accompanied by PrivateWHudson's son take out Xyor on Saturday. Yes they had help.
If you read GAF, thanks Dan
. They were laughing, yelling things like "Aaaah" and "Don't die!" and were pretty hilarious to watch. But they did it together.

Reading this thread sometimes I think we kind of lose that spirit of grabbing a friend and having an adventure. Reading whoever wrote "Horrible Crota teams" - wow. Can only imagine the fun had in those rounds. Yikes.

If people are taking it that seriously and you find me in "your" game please let me know - I'll gladly give up my place to a more "1337" player. :(

Likes having fun with friends and trying to make people laugh. Maybe that's a crutch because I'm not very good at the game.

Great post Colonel! I agree 100%!!

The spirit of the FunRun

Exactly, the Fun Runs are awesome, especially when Ahhhhnold makes appearances!

I've always done the 3xR2 on Crota but I just read about the R2 animation canceling. Is it just R2 then a quick tap of R1 followed by R2 again? R2 R1 R2 R1 R2

Wonder how much of a difference it makes. It's very possible to get 4xR2s in without that if its timed perfectly.

I saw that too, I'll try and practice it when I grab the sword during the patrol missions. If it works, then that must be the most DPS you can do given the timeframe if someone can pull off the animation cancelled consistently.

rNilla

If Bungie really wanted to make the raid hard, they would add the Nightfall modifier to the hard version of CE...

I'd take a VoG variant with Nightfall. Would be a "fun" reason to revisit aside from ascendant materials farming. Also, they could make it drop upgraded raid weapons :)

Something tells me we'll find out tonight... maybe...

matmanx1

I have the 331Thorn almost fully upgraded and its a beast. I've heard people say it's a PvP gun, but I've been using it in PvE and absolutely wrecking. After patch, it's the best hand cannon in the game in my opinion, and I have them all. The range now is amazing.

My new Thorn is at 312 attack (still need the last row of upgrades) and I love the DoT and weapon handling but I'm not sure the time to kill is any better in PVP than my 300atk The Last Word. The Last Word just shoots so quickly and the hipfire precision damage bonus is beastly.

One advantage Thorn does have is range so on a map like Rusted Lands I choose Thorn regardless. Oh and it also shoots through Titan bubbles so that is a plus. =)

Midas

Did anyone get a chest drop from the CE raid yet?

Yeah. Got one for my warlock. I'm currently in a debate with myself about if I should trade radiant energy for shards and do everything I can to hit 32. But maybe the raid weapons will be needed for hard mode. I can only imagine how it'll be with more majors/ultras and arc shields...

Yeah. Got one for my warlock. I'm currently in a debate with myself about if I should trade radiant energy for shards and do everything I can to hit 32. But maybe the raid weapons will be needes for hard mode. I can only imagine how it'll be with more majors/ultras and arc shields...

No question that you should go for armor first.

Weapons are everywhere. Armor, not so much.

Lima

Man my friend who is even more hardcore than me deleted Hunter after Hunter this week to get to 32. He did manage that a couple hours ago and I was curious how fast you can take down Crota if the Swordbearer is lvl 32. He died in one sword run with two downs. I was like wat.

Midas

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I would already have enough shards to max one raid gear, if it wasn't for that you need to be level 4 with Eris to trade... :(

Man my friend who is even more hardcore than me deleted Hunter after Hunter this week to get to 32. He did manage that a couple hours ago and I was curious how fast you can take down Crota if the Swordbearer is lvl 32. He died in one sword run with two downs. I was like wat.

Woah

realcZk

lol, wow. that's quite the grind... 63 radiant shards?

wat

he ran the raid on a hunter, deleted it and grinded a brand new one to do it again?

i could play 24/7 if i wanted and even i don't have that kind of time.

Anastasis

Is anyone planning a raid tonight? My wife and I would like a shot at crota. We'd like some guidance though, not just rushed through it. Also would prefer minimal cheering. We 'd like to learn the tactics now, and not when bungie patches in fixes later.

I've never run it but I'd like a shot as well. I'd only be able to start around 10pm CST maybe 1030 and only can play until 1am. If you're cool with that, we just need 3 more.

Deku Tree

That seems like it would need to be done like at least four times. Did your friend run the nightfall and weekly each time too? Wow.

Top Bottom