• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

LTWood12

My wife asked me to take a break today because I've been playing so damn much. Said I would. Really wanted to finish off Crota tonight, but I guess it'll have to wait until the reset.

I just want to say this community is the best, and that I've met so many cool, kind, and generous people while playing and on the boards. It's awesome logging in and having three or four pages of psn friends signed into Destiny.

I'm a level 30 (almost 31) Titan, and working on my 2nd Titan. LTWood12 on PS4 if anyone ever needs help with something.

Lima

wat

he ran the raid on a hunter, deleted it and grinded a brand new one to do it again?

i could play 24/7 if i wanted and even i don't have that kind of time.

He has 3 Hunters. So he kept his main hunter and kept deleting the other two and playing them up again. He leveled like one up to 20 per day.

I think he made a video from his perspective. Let's see if I can get it up on YouTube.

raindoc

Man my friend who is even more hardcore than me deleted Hunter after Hunter this week to get to 32. He did manage that a couple hours ago and I was curious how fast you can take down Crota if the Swordbearer is lvl 32. He died in one sword run with two downs. I was like wat.

I kinda would like to get rid of my Titan to make room for a 2nd Warlock, but I hate the road to 20. How many times did your friend do this exactly?

Do any members of the GAF Destiny Xbone group still play? I need to get the raid and strike achievements for running with your group still. After that it's flawless Raider and I'm 100%.
Speaking of, why the hell in a 20$ DLC did Bungie not give us new trophies/achievements!?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Man my friend who is even more hardcore than me deleted Hunter after Hunter this week to get to 32. He did manage that a couple hours ago and I was curious how fast you can take down Crota if the Swordbearer is lvl 32. He died in one sword run with two downs. I was like wat.

What's the point of this though? New content won't be coming for a while so there's really no point in rushing. Hard mode isn't even available yet.

X-Frame

How long until Bungie decides that the sword user should be "randomized"?

Probably won't be randomized, but maybe once you pick up the sword you won't be able to pick it up a second time. So multiple people will need to wield it and attack Crota to down him.

Lima

I kinda would like to get rid of my Titan to make room for a 2nd Warlock, but I hate the road to 20. How many times did your friend do this exactly?

We played the raid three times Tuesday. He then started deleting hunters. I think we played the raid 4 more times with him until he was able to get to 32 so yeah he played up 4 chars to 32 this week. The torture of going through that story mode so many times in a week. I have nothing but respect for that man.

realcZk

Forgot to mention, raid into a weird bug last night in the new raid that forced a wipe,
after killing the swordbearer and picking up the sword, it disappeared entirely.
Anyone else seen that happen?

Lima

What's the point of this though? New content won't be coming for a while so there's really no point in rushing. Hard mode isn't even available yet.

The point is that he helps his viewers on Twitch through the raid so being 32 means the fight against Crota is easier and there will be less room to fuck up for the random groups.

Ramez05 on Twitch is doing the same thing.

allday247

Banned
9pm GMT Corta Raid

1) Me - Milkypooz lvl 30 Titan. Yes
2) ICortosis - 30 lock. Yes
3) Nuzska 31 titan. Yes

4) Mindlog 31 titan/lock
5) Greyblade 31 titan/Warlock
6) TheCommonDan - 31 Hunter

Mindlog, Greyblade and TheCommonDan. Can you make it tonight?

Quote for new page

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
It was already such a pain in the ass to get my third alt to 20 but had to for the platinum. I just wanna enjoy the damn game.

Coconut

Banned
Forgot to mention, raid into a weird bug last night in the new raid that forced a wipe,
after killing the swordbearer and picking up the sword, it disappeared entirely.

LAst night once the sword didn't drop from the bearer and also the chalice disappeared and never came back.

My wife asked me to take a break today because I've been playing so damn much. Said I would. Really wanted to finish off Crota tonight, but I guess it'll have to wait until the reset.

I just want to say this community is the best, and that I've met so many cool, kind, and generous people while playing and on the boards. It's awesome logging in and having three or four pages of psn friends signed into Destiny.

I'm a level 30 (almost 31) Titan, and working on my 2nd Titan. LTWood12 on PS4 if anyone ever needs help with something.

If anyone ever needs help with something? What if I needed help finishing off Crota tonight... couldn't help then, could you?

;) ... women...

matmanx1

Regarding Thorn in PVP which perk do you use?

Snapshot, Send It or Perfect Balance?

Snapshot is +30% ADS speed.

Send it is +50 range.

Perfect Balance increases weapon stability by a fair amount (although I couldn't locate exact numbers).

realcZk

Regarding Thorn in PVP which perk do you use?

Snapshot, Send It or Perfect Balance?

Snapshot is +30% ADS speed.

Send it is +50 range.

Perfect Balance increases weapon stability by a fair amount (although I couldn't locate exact numbers).

send it imo, outshines the other perks by far
62/100 range, its a handheld sniper rifle

Ragarra

Nice you guys get any good drops on your second run?

I... I broke down and bought a Vita today. I'll be away for two Xurs... I just couldn't take the thought of a Ballerhorn rolling by and me not being able to grab it.

Lima

Here is my take what will happen during HM Crota fight.

okay look at the raid gear. Both the helmet and chest have bonuses to take down the Oversoul. The thing is you don't even want that on easy mode and on hard you want to avoid that anyone dies. So I think that they will summon the Oversoul at random times during the Crota fight.

okay look at the raid gear. Both the helmet and chest have bonuses to take down the Oversoul. The thing is you don't even want that on easy mode and on hard you want to avoid that anyone dies. So I think that they will summon the Oversoul at random times during the Crota fight.

Oversoul everytime you take down Crota's shield.

realcZk

Nice you guys get any good drops on your second run?

nope we didnt quite finish it... ran out of time before people had to go
and i ran out of beer

I... I broke down and bought a Vita today. I'll be away for two Xurs... I just couldn't take the thought of a Ballerhorn rolling by and me not being able to grab it.

lol nice, ballerhorn definitely makes a huge difference in the raid and theres no way you can pass it up

Navy Bean

As long as they don't add those awful detain cages... So annoying.

Crota second to last phase strategy that I haven't seen yet that we did last night.

Wizards/Shriekers/Ir Yut part.

- Run into room, run past two Knights that are kneeling. 3 people go left, 3 people go right.
- 2 people on each side run up stairs to second level and jump to safe rooms across from enemies rooms.
- 1 person on each side runs into middle and "pulls out" their respective wizards.
- Wizards come outside, each team kills their wizards.
- Focus on Knights to thin them out from safe room (icebreakers all day.)
- LEFT SIDE HAS IT EASY, was like this every single time we ran this.
- After 3 or 4 knights are down on left side, left team moves up stairs and takes out their shrieker.
- Right side struggles to thin their knights just enough to get access to shrieker, kill their shriker.
- ALL RIGHT SIDE MEMBER RUN TO LEFT SIDE.
- Everyone enters through left side. Blessing of light in center of room. One guy in back taking care of thralls/acolytes and hailing rockets into knights in center room.

I got a strat

Anyone got a Crota checkpoint they can share?

LiK

for people having trouble with Crota fight, do you guys have Weapons of Light? cuz it kicks ass. Nami and I blessing our team with it.

phen0m24

I've been considering that for a while now...

Was $169 on Amazon the other day.

If you're sitting in a place with good wi-fi, you CAN connect to your home PS4 and play.

Plus Hotline Miami. And Persona 4 Golden. And Killzone Mercenary.

Should I have my son write up a review of "My Experience Completing the Thorn Bounty via Remote Play?"

haha

Vita means life

X-Frame

Still not following

He makes a Hunter, then runs the raid and gets either Shards or Raid Gear. Then he deletes the Hunter and then creates a new one, levels them back up to 20 and transfers gear and repeats the process running the raid in the same week until he gets all 3 pieces of Raid Gear plus enough Shards to max them all.

Top Bottom