• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

realcZk

Hopefully it works and we can get it done fast. Starting to get some serious wife aggro for playing too much lately. Also don't think I can stay up so late again, feel like a zombie at work today, heh.

lol i still feel bad for fucking up that sword at the end... you guys had him.

phen0m24

He makes a Hunter, then runs the raid and gets either Shards or Raid Gear. Then he deletes the Hunter and then creates a new one, levels them back up to 20 and transfers gear and repeats the process running the raid in the same week until he gets all 3 pieces of Raid Gear plus enough Shards to max them all.

Cue the "Nobody Got Time fo' Dat" video. Seriously.

Pretty sure they delete the Hunter, re-level a new one to 31 just to run the Raid and get loot/shards multiple times in a week. It's batshit crazy if you ask me.

He makes a Hunter, then runs the raid and gets either Shards or Raid Gear. Then he deletes the Hunter and then creates a new one, levels them back up to 20 and transfers gear and repeats the process running the raid in the same week until he gets all 3 pieces of Raid Gear plus enough Shards to max them all.

what the hell

That seems like it would need to be done like at least four times. Did your friend run the nightfall and weekly each time too? Wow.

See I said someone was crayz enough to do it. Wish it was me but I can't give up all this rep. I might do it next week though since I have nothing else to grind for but I'm going to be ashamed of doing it. Just don't want to be in the #forever 31 club. It sucks. Although next week is IB and I might want to play some of that.

EL CUCO

Last night on our very first Flawless Raider attempt, I was teasing Deku for falling at the jump puzzle, the last time he tried it.

And I fell heading to the Templar's Well.........the Templar's Well.
6LpWZ8c.jpg

Forgot to mention, raid into a weird bug last night in the new raid that forced a wipe,
after killing the swordbearer and picking up the sword, it disappeared entirely.
Anyone else seen that happen?

Yep, happened to us a few times.
We also ran into a problem where when we killed Ogres, swordbearer wouldnt spawn for at least 1 min, this entire encounter being time based...
People seeing that issue?

Deku Tree

Forgot to mention, raid into a weird bug last night in the new raid that forced a wipe,
after killing the swordbearer and picking up the sword, it disappeared entirely.

Yes when I was playing with Boguester he was telling us about that and it happened once or twice to us. Wouldn't be a Destiny raid without at least one or more wipe forcing bugs.

Just hit level 26 for my Warlock this morning; is it worth trying to get a group of people together to try to hit VoG for the first time?

raindoc

yeah, same thing happened to us yesterday.
EDIT:
you didn't wipe just because of that, did you? a sword-carrier can take out two gatekeepers if needed - especially if a Titan with stun grenades is on that side.

allday247

Banned
That is 4pm est right? If it is, I can make it but I'll have to take a minute to get on BC I get home from work right at 4.

9pm GMT Corta Raid

1) Me - Milkypooz lvl 30 Titan. Yes
2) ICortosis - 30 lock. Yes
3) Nuzska 31 titan. Yes
4) Greyblade 31 titan/Warlock. Yes

5) Mindlog 31 titan/lock
6) TheCommonDan - 31 Hunter

Yes that's correct. Happy to wait for you mate so no rush. Thanks!

Ambitious said:
If one of them won't make it, can I jump in?

Sure, will keep you in mind if we are missing anyone - is your PSN the same?

X-Frame

actually am considering it for the lulz. what's best way to level a class to 20 though?

I'd say probably Crucible, especially if you can run with a GAF crew to make the matches go faster. Plus taking bounties.

Also, just do the story missions to advance the story enough to complete any good bounties for the day. Like if there are a couple 5,000 XP ones on Venus then just do the mandatory story missions to unlock them. Or you could just avoid all story and bring your Level 2 into Crucible ASAP, haha.

I saved a lot of the story missions for once I hit 20 so then after I transfer my gear, I went back to the story and did the Level 30 missions for 7,500 XP each time, which makes it much faster to level the alt sub-class. Doing the story missions first wastes all that XP if you're a Level 10 doing the normal Level 10 version since you can't repeat the story at a higher level for more XP -- so stupid.

phen0m24

actually am considering it for the lulz. what's best way to level a class to 20 though?

I remember doing a lot of loops around Cosmodrome and shooting everything that moves and over-leveling to the higher Story mission difficulties for the higher XP.

Leveled a warlock up pretty fast with vaulted gear (had saved warlock gear drops) and previously maxed weapons. Turned in a LOT of bounties for XP.

I think I got the Warlock to mid-high 20's in a day or so.

possible, but please prepare for some boredom with a side of monotony

I didn't do much Crucible, but you would probably do OK there for sure. ;)

I'd say probably Crucible, especially if you can run with a GAF crew to make the matches go faster. Plus taking bounties.

Also, just do the story missions to advance the story enough to complete any good bounties for the day. Like if there are a couple 5,000 XP ones on Venus then just do the mandatory story missions to unlock them. Or you could just avoid all story and bring your Level 2 into Crucible ASAP, haha.

I saved a lot of the story missions for once I hit 20 so then after I transfer my gear, I went back to the story and did the Level 30 missions for 7,500 XP each time, which makes it much faster to level the alt sub-class. Doing the story missions first wastes all that XP if you're a Level 10 doing the normal Level 10 version since you can't repeat the story at a higher level for more XP -- so stupid.

I think this is the wrong way to do it, subclass unlocks can wait. You just want to hit the same level as the hard story mission that's next up. So pretty much do hard story, untill lvlup, hit crucible when the missions outlevel you and go back to doing missions. You could probably hit 20 in 6 hours or so.

Jinjo

Last night on our very first Flawless Raider attempt, I was teasing Deku for falling at the jump puzzle, the last time he tried it.

And I fell heading to the Templar's Well.........the Templar's Well.
6LpWZ8c.jpg

Lol, and we spend quite a bit of time on the jumping puzzle a week or so back, didn't even get to pay off.
Still saying you should do Titan yolostrat jump, just for the luls.
Maybe you should spent an hour practicing those jumps too.

Izuna

Banned
What's the name?

Lead Scout's Cloak

So Truth and IB are 331, got maxed Exotic Helmet and Arms just in case the raid gear gives me one and not the other, and hopefully Xur will upgrade my Lucky Raspberry.

I got a new Solar Sniper, but I want to wait for the Raid one, and also when Hard comes out I want an Arc and Void Primary... other than that, I guess Patience and Time upgrade or any other Arc Sniper is on my list. Everything else I don't need or want.

realcZk

yeah, same thing happened to us yesterday.
EDIT:
you didn't wipe just because of that, did you? a sword-carrier can take out two gatekeepers if needed - especially if a Titan with stun grenades is on that side.

it wasn't on the bridge part, it was after that,
during the crota fight. you only have time to use so many swords and since it was early in the game and it disappeared, we wiped it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Got all of my raid drops for this week. 3 drops per character not counting the crota drop, shards and energy for 8 out of 9. I don't know why I keep going :(

I know not getting gear sucks and all, but with the way raid shards are needed for upgrading raid gear, it's going to take a few weeks to upgrade gear anyway.

Namikaze1

Fatebringer
Murmur or Praedyth's Revenge
Gjallarhorn
for people having trouble with Crota fight, do you guys have Weapons of Light? cuz it kicks ass. Nami and I blessing our team with it.
those poor
ogres
stood no chance against us. Weapons of Light made them our bitches.

realcZk

confirm. team did that yesterday.
I told them to quit it because it wastes time (not enrage time, just time time) and we promptly beat the raid without it.

yeah, havent tried it yet but if you're wiping a lot its annoying because its just another time sink before your attempts. it wont affect the enrage timer since that starts after picking up the chalice afaik.

EL CUCO

Lol, and we spend quite a bit of time on the jumping puzzle a week or so back, didn't even get to pay off.
Still saying you should do Titan yolostrat jump, just for the luls.
Maybe you should spent an hour practicing those jumps too.

Lol! Thankfully, we we're able to get Flawless done last night!

R0ckman

God playing with gaffers in PVP is so good. Wrecking everyone. This is not fair for the other team.

I think I'm going to start doing this more often, sick of teammates that don't know what they are doing. Teammates that run past confrontations, wait for you to die before they come in and clean up, etc.

Hoodbury

lol i still feel bad for fucking up that sword at the end... you guys had him.

Heh, that was so funny. I saw the victory and then I saw you move in before he was down and then "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

heh. I'm pretty sure he was just one R2 hit from death too. He had like a sliver left.

No worries, it'll be a good story to tell the kids when they get older. lol.

Top Bottom