• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Hedgey

Just played through Crota's End (kind of)
Well, I did the logical thing and gave up after my first death against Level 32 enemies.
I got incredibly lucky and got two different pieces of raid armor, but this also means I don't have nearly enough of the new shards to upgrade it. Are those only available in the raid?

ethomaz

Banned
That is a story mission reward gun. It is actually pretty damn good. Useful for Nightfall if you didn't pickup Plan C last 2 weeks.
I have Plan C but my main Exotic in Hypehorn (this one saves my life everytime)... so I prefer Legendary weapons over Exotic.

The ability do chance from Solar to Arc will save a weapon slot to me... so I have now a weapon that can break two types of Shield for Nightfall :D

LiK

Was able to try the raid out. The third phase absolutely crushed the souls of everyone in my fireteam. Anyone hear have success in this phase, not to mention the next phase after?

Wasn't that bad for us. We didn't finish it cuz one of our teammates had to leave. So we should be able to finish it tomorrow when crew is back for it.

Just played through Crota's End (kind of)
Well, I did the logical thing and gave up after my first death against Level 32 enemies.
I got incredibly lucky and got two different pieces of raid armor, but this also means I don't have nearly enough of the new shards to upgrade it. Are those only available in the raid?

Raid only Mats. There is a reason Hard mode is a month away. Need time to farm up.

Wasn't that bad for us. We didn't finish it cuz one of our teammates had to leave. So we should be able to finish it tomorrow when crew is back for it.
If we didn't fail so hard on the bridge part for the longest time. We probably could've beaten the raid last night. Damn V_V

Fucking adore this raid tho. So good. I feel like this raid is all Bungie put forth in terms of effort into this DLC.

zewone

Spent yesterday getting my Hunter to 31, my Titan is basically 31 once I get some Titan plating (I love how much material is required), and my Warlock has 3/4 31 armor pieces.

Ready to do the raid.

Do I need to complete the Eris "story" missions before I can do the raid? Or is it gonna lock me out of someones raid party until I complete them

No way man.

It's only really hard now because for long stretches people are underlevelled and it's all new to you. I remember VoG first time took me 3 goes (as in 3 full raid attempts) to actually finally beat Atheon. Took fucking ages just to get there anyway. And I've since beaten it flawlessly more than once. Once you get used to it, you'll wonder why you found it so difficult.

If we didn't fail so hard on the bridge part for the longest time. We probably could've beaten the raid last night. Damn V_V

Fucking adore this raid tho. So good. I feel like this raid is all Bungie put forth in terms of effort into this DLC.

i don't think i can wait for you. my body is itching to go back...

you could say i have.... the hives

R0ckman

Hmm... And like nothing my alt. that I casually play was able to rank up to 31 before my main... Engrams...

I have a feeling Xur will be sharing Dragon's Breathe this week. Bungie seems to be giving it out like candy...

Just got this baby from the Nightfall

Quoaach.jpg

I found the new strike entertaining, nice to see something new. Got me some strange coins from NM, while a friend of mine got his 6th.... 6th!?!?! Gjallarhorn, this time the updated version.

Is it confirmed that the first new story mission is not replayable? Or is that just a bug? Because I can't do the Fist of Crota mission again.

The more I think about the new gear in the tower the most of a mistake bungie made, tower goods should have really been capped at 30 light so the vault of glass still held some reason for running it, and for those who have 30 light gear from the vault after months of RNG don;t have to scrap it all for better shop bought gear.

It's a terrible decision from bungie to do such a thing, I still can't believe they did this, killing off one vault to favour another.

forrest

formerly nacire
Any standout must have weapons from the vanguard quartermaster? I already have two new legendary scout rifles, nightfall and cryptarch package. Got a commendation and marks burning a hole in my pocket. Trying to resist the cool looking Hunter helm as I don't need it.

The more I think about the new gear in the tower the most of a mistake bungie made, tower goods should have really been capped at 30 light so the vault of glass still held some reason for running it, and for those who have 30 light gear from the vault after months of RNG don;t have to scrap it all for better shop bought gear.

It's a terrible decision from bungie to do such a thing, I still can't believe they did this, killing off one vault to favour another.

bunge r not good wit computr

the best way to play this game is to play it once and then wait 3 months so you don't waste all your effort.

I refuse to scrap my VoG gear
Unless I need for vault space =(

realcZk

today when signing into destiny i had to accept a new eula
who am i selling my soul to now?

ill do whatever it takes to get ballerhorn

*Zoba goes to the doctor*
"I'm afraid you have a bad case of the hives"
"I recommend a relaxing regimen of shouting at other people on the new PvP maps"

the best way to play this game is to play it once and then wait 3 months so you don't waste all your effort.

It's such a sad way to play :( I don't love the game but I do like it, these choices from bungie are really sour.

Qwell

Well I did play some more last night, finished 3x Nightfalls and 1x Weekly, along with doing the full weekly quest line on my titan. I also did the solo raid chest 3x wasn't too terrible, my Titan was super lucky and it was at the first door on the left right when you drop the first time I attempted it. I ended up getting Murmur (I assume everyone gets this during the quest) Dragon's Breath that new exotic rocket launcher, raid warlock band thingy and the exotic arachnid helmet for the hunter so far. I will say I was a little too quick to judge the new Nightfall / Strike, it isn't that bad, still takes a long time and I still hate wizards with a passion.

I NEED to play this game less, and I will try to keep up that mantra, I have wwwaaaayyy too much other stuff I want to play, but I do have to admit the gunplay is pretty fantastic. I'm hoping the loot is a little better with the raid this time, I just don't know if I can keep doing my 3-5 raids a week up anymore in addition to all the nightfalls and weeklies etc, especially when as others have said the loot won't be top tier for long. I don't mind progression, I don't see my raid weapons I got in VoC as "useless" ... Fatebringer came in super handy during the nightfall, and especially during the solo raid chest. I was basically soloing the beginning part with my warlock because he was having terrible luck with the chest so I was just running around the lower part blowing up heads and checking for new doors. I just don't want to have to put the amount of time into this expansion in order to get those fun weapons as I did before. It was like a mission the past few months to get the Oracles checkpoint on Tuesday and run the hard raid over and over again to get everything I could. Farming mats, marks, glimmer, it doesn't help that I'm a crazy person and didn't want to spend the time to swap weapons so I fully maxed multiple of the same weapons...

3x maxed VoC
3x maxed CM
2x Fatebringer
2x maxed IB
2x maxed Vex Mytho
2x maxed Suros Regime
3x maxed PR

And that I did multiple of the same bounties, I have 3x pocket infinities, and 3x thorns. I NEED to be ok with having 1 of a weapon and just doing what other folks do and swap them around. I just wish we had more vault space... REALLY need a bigger vault especially after the expansion with new currencies and so many more weapons. And I would love to be able to access my vault from orbit, I hate the loading in and out of the tower.

Oh and the story missions and quest line for the weeklies, I thought they were fun. I don't give a rats patoot about the story in this game, so from a narrative standpoint I could care less, but it made me run around the wrold and see some places I hadn't spent much time in so that was fun. And that green pool mechanic and darkness stuff that makes you slow and unable to jump... while annoying does add some depth to the gameplay, I find myself having to be much more careful, can't just go guns o' blazing.

PuMa

I don't understand why some people are calling it 'wasted effort'. I call it 'having fun for 3 months'. Maybe some people just aren't used to MMO style progression grinds...

Good luck to you all.

There was one silver lining yesteday, though.

Had a buddy who solo'd his way to the chest in the first phase. He called people over to open it up with him. I joined his fireteam with my 27 Titan. Opened up the chest and got:

Will be working on maxing this one up. If the previous version was doing work in CE, then the new one can only do better.

Top Bottom