• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

1) MrChowderClam
2) CamoKid42
3) Nastybook
4) Eldritch_Spectr
5) KyoKunaki
6) Tokems

WELCOME SIR! And goodbye rodiard. I'll be ready in 20m or so

Well done gents. Kudos to Camokid for handling sword duty and being the first across the bridge, and to everyone for being good sports for 4 hours.

Sorry for my cock-ups early on during Crota, though once we got the Gjallerhorns out I think we downed him on our 2nd try :3

Also, I found that if you're on knight duty, use black hammer with level 30 gear and you'll be able to (just) land 3 headshots on a knight and get that mag refill. That + Gjallerhorn (or any rocket, really) will give you the DPS you need to take down knights pretty quickly and still help with Crota.

Bladelaw

well we finished Crota. I got the shotgun Swordbreaker. It's not b ad for a shotgun and has way better than average stability and the potential for more range but I'm not sure of the best use case for it.

Thanks for the run!

CamoKitty

Well done gents. Kudos to Camokid for handling sword duty and being the first across the bridge, and to everyone for being good sports for 4 hours.

Sorry for my cock-ups early on during Crota, though once we got the Gjallerhorns out I think we downed him on our 2nd try :3

Also, I found that if you're on knight duty, use black hammer with level 30 gear and you'll be able to (just) land 3 headshots on a knight and get that mag refill. That + Gjallerhorn (or any rocket, really) will give you the DPS you need to take down knights pretty quickly and still help with Crota.

Can't wait to do it again, now that we have the timing it should be real smooth.

Mindlog

This post is full of spoilers.
Really chill raid group. Thanks to everyone who participated. It was an odd raid in the every time we didn't kill Crota it didn't really feel like a failure. Hell at one point we were doing too much damage. Too bad we couldn't take him down. Here's a screenshot. We were so close to finally getting the kill. What happens next? GraveRobber becomes GraveFiller.
CJIymo7.jpg
How well do you know your Gjallarhorn? The WEBM.
It's safe. Trust me. Sir Gjallarhorn never lets you down.
Gjallarhorn is a little miffed that I got a new rocket launcher, but it knows everything else will always be second place. Nice clutch Titan Swordplay. Even got a few extra shards. Can't believe how close that was. We were literally 3 frames and one wolfpack round away from losing that.

Damn the raids are fun.

blackjaw

Just did nightfall and my casual buddy (he's never raided and has no interest in raiding) got the upgraded 302 Gallerhorn.

I got upgraded 302 Last Word...RNGeesus has truly forsaken me because I just upgraded mine on Saturday with Xur.

Icing on the cake..."I'll probably just shard this since i just bought truth last weekend and don't need two exotic rocket launchers"...one mans treasure is another mans trash...

NastyBook

I need to learn how to use the sword. It looks fun.
I like looking at Crota's butterstick go down with each hit from a distance. Especially when you know one more run and he's fucking toast.

Again, big thanks to rodiard for giving me his spot in the CE raid that got set up earlier tonight. It was slow going at one point during Crota, but once we got our shit together, he went down in no time. Even netted myself a Hunger of Crota for it.

Will be happy to raid with you this week, rodiard, if time allows. Really appreciate it.

EDIT: Good game to the group I raided with tonight, as well.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Cryptarc has a new troll.
Legendary gear under 30 light.

Bungie didn't up the light on previous vanguard/cruc stuff. Got the Ghost Walker boots, Max out at 27 light.

Right now I need new boots to hit 31, my bud listened to me holler for joy... then slowly fade to disappointment.

Bungie didn't up the light on previous vanguard/cruc stuff. Got the Ghost Walker boots, Max out at 27 light.

Right now I need new boots to hit 31, my bud listened to me holler for joy... then slowly fade to disappointment.

This is so fucked up. Unbelievable level of bullshit Bungie is slinging.

Wow that's fucked up

I like looking at Crota's butterstick go down with each hit from a distance. Especially when you know one more run and he's fucking toast.

Again, big thanks to rodiard for giving me his spot in the CE raid that got set up earlier tonight. It was slow going at one point during Crota, but once we got our shit together, he went down in no time. Even netted myself a Hunger of Crota for it.

Will be happy to raid with you this week, rodiard, if time allows. Really appreciate it.

EDIT: Good game to the group I raided with tonight, as well.

Hey Gibb it's ck716

We wanna do Crota and are trying to get a group together if you're interested.

Crota's End seems very poorly thought out. It almost feels like you are just plowing through enemies but there's no puzzle-like moments like VoG. And honestly, what makes it the most challenging are the high level enemies, not the mechanics of the raid itself. VoG forced players to know more about every aspect of it and that's not the case here, it's all about being able to withstand damage and staying alive. It's certainly harder and more challenging than VoG, but not for the right reasons.
Just a thought.

blackjaw

Just like my vanguard rank up with dr nope (old) and duskwalker cape (old) and no commendation. Bugs or working as intended?

zewone

I had a great experience with the guys from here who invited me in to beat crota. Zewone, madgame, tyler durden, darknyss and Im sorry I forget the others those are the names I remember of the top of my head. I just stfu and did what they asked. I was there to learn more than get loot so I could help my regular crew and we finally were able to beat it last night. Thanks again fellas. Cheers.
Happy to hear it man. Had a great run with you.

Solo'd the bridge phase and ran to the chest behind the door. I'm holding square to open the chest and then boom I die from the left over of a Shrieker. Thankfully I got the chest opened and got shards.

Finally at 31 now.

16031572521_3d00438c2a_b.jpg

Solo'd the bridge phase and ran to the chest behind the door. I'm holding square to open the chest and then boom I die from the left over of a Shrieker. Thankfully I got the chest opened and got shards.

Finally at 31 now.

16031572521_3d00438c2a_b.jpg

You soloed it as a 30? I tried tonight, but I couldn't get past the first yellow bar knight on the gatekeeper side. It took way too long to kill him and the acolytes started piling up.

lol EroticSushi... are you and EroticEggroll related?
He's my long lost cousin.

Never heard of him but now I feel obligated to meet said Eggroll.
You soloed it as a 30? I tried tonight, but I couldn't get past the first yellow bar knight on the gatekeeper side. It took way too long to kill him and the acolytes started piling up.

You can solo it with any class I believe. As a Warlock though you can just follow this video.

I heard you can also grab the sword and fly to the other side with it. Sniping everything with a IB was easier for me though. Finished it in roughly 10 minutes then just hauled ass to the chest.

Varvor

Crota's End seems very poorly thought out. It almost feels like you are just plowing through enemies but there's no puzzle-like moments like VoG. And honestly, what makes it the most challenging are the high level enemies, not the mechanics of the raid itself. VoG forced players to know more about every aspect of it and that's not the case here, it's all about being able to withstand damage and staying alive. It's certainly harder and more challenging than VoG, but not for the right reasons.
Just a thought.

I feel the same, hopping there are changes in hard mode.

breakfuss

Just a thought.

Cheese aside i feel like CE requires everyone to be on point. Especially at Crota. Timing is everything. I enjoy VoG but you can definitely carry one or two people. You can't do that here. And I actually like that there's no platforming. Always felt out of place to me.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I did it at 30 too. You don't even have to go to that side. Just sit on top of the towers with an icebreaker.

This post is full of spoilers.
Really chill raid group. Thanks to everyone who participated. It was an odd raid in the every time we didn't kill Crota it didn't really feel like a failure. Hell at one point we were doing too much damage. Too bad we couldn't take him down. Here's a screenshot. We were so close to finally getting the kill. What happens next? GraveRobber becomes GraveFiller.

How well do you know your Gjallarhorn? The WEBM.
It's safe. Trust me. Sir Gjallarhorn never lets you down.
Gjallarhorn is a little miffed that I got a new rocket launcher, but it knows everything else will always be second place. Nice clutch Titan Swordplay. Even got a few extra shards. Can't believe how close that was. We were literally 3 frames and one wolfpack round away from losing that.

Damn the raids are fun.
That was so crazy. The best part is when we were running back to the left and everyone was in disbelief at the timing of Crota's swing and then the kneel down. It was so ridiculously timed out. Glad you were able to get that recorded. Was a really fun, laid back group to play with.

Man, I just beat Crota for the first time with only a few hours before the reset.

Got Hunger of Crota, 4th Horseman, and the bronze shader/green emblem (and energy/shards). Good shit.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Man, I just beat Crota for the first time with only a few hours before the reset.

Got Hunger of Crota, 4th Horseman, and the bronze shader/green emblem (and energy/shards). Good shit.
Nice, this is the first time I'm hearing Crota drop an exotic weapon for someone.

Top Bottom