• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

soundpross

Neo Member
I'll probably be doing a cheese run tomorrow one with my cousin and friend so I have room for 3. And the other 2 alts I can get a group of 5. So if ppl wanna learn the cheese I can help.

I still haven't beaten crota :( to busy.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Man, I just beat Crota for the first time with only a few hours before the reset.

Got Hunger of Crota, 4th Horseman, and the bronze shader/green emblem (and energy/shards). Good shit.

You sure 4th Horseman? and not Swordbreaker?

First time hearing about him dropping an exotic after a week and like 6+ groups getting loot all Legendary Crota Special or Heavy weapons

Konosuke

Solo'd the bridge phase and ran to the chest behind the door. I'm holding square to open the chest and then boom I die from the left over of a Shrieker. Thankfully I got the chest opened and got shards.

Finally at 31 now.

16031572521_3d00438c2a_b.jpg

Thanks again for the checkpoint btw!

Tawpgun

VoG was more of a puzzle. But after a few weeks everyone figured it out and it became a cake walk.

With this raid, like people said, everyone needs to have perfect execution. It's not about just knowing the mechanic, it's about everyone coordinating right with their targets.

No matter how many times you run it, the raid will never be as easy as VoG became IMO. But maybe I'm speaking too soon.

We just finished our first blind run. What a blast. Made it all the way to Crota in like... 3 hours maybe?

Couldn't get the execution right on Crota.

But we did find out we did the sword bridge section COMPLETLEY wrong and still managed to beat it. We assuming it wasn't worth killing gate keepers since they kept spawning. So when the far side gatekeeper bridge team had to build a bridge on their end the guy on the middle plate (me) had to hold down the plate while dodging gatekeeper sword attacks. I was just fuckinng running around sliding jumping and doing anything I could to stay alive.

I knew we had to be doing something wrong because this strategy was just downright silly and it's miracle we even pulled it off. Fuckin lol
When we found out ever sword guy that comes across needs to kill a gatekeeper

Jinjo

VoG was more of a puzzle. But after a few weeks everyone figured it out and it became a cake walk.

With this raid, like people said, everyone needs to have perfect execution. It's not about just knowing the mechanic, it's about everyone coordinating right with their targets.

No matter how many times you run it, the raid will never be as easy as VoG became IMO. But maybe I'm speaking too soon.

We just finished our first blind run. What a blast. Made it all the way to Crota in like... 3 hours maybe?

Couldn't get the execution right on Crota.

But we did find out we did the sword bridge section COMPLETLEY wrong and still managed to beat it. We assuming it wasn't worth killing gate keepers since they kept spawning. So when the far side gatekeeper bridge team had to build a bridge on their end the guy on the middle plate (me) had to hold down the plate while dodging gatekeeper sword attacks. I was just fuckinng running around sliding jumping and doing anything I could to stay alive.

I knew we had to be doing something wrong because this strategy was just downright silly and it's miracle we even pulled it off. Fuckin lol
When we found out ever sword guy that comes across needs to kill a gatekeeper

Lol we did the same with the Gatekeepers. Someone would always just die when engaging them so we let them dance around. They never go to the side totems anyway, so whenever someone needed to get across we had a Titan (myself) with Saint-14 bubble and Armor of Light just stand (or dance lol) in the middle plate. They couldn't even touch me lol.

Spoiler tags are no longer necessary now right?

If you guys wanna know how to cheese the bridge, there's similar to the oracles without to cause death. Don't know if it has been mention already or not. It requires a sunbro. Pretty much there's 2 pillers on the left, everyone but 1 jumps on it. 1 guy actives the bridge, jumps up there and everyone falls to the death but the sunbro. He will be the last one to kill himself, and once the timer reaches 1, he should self res. After that the adds across the bridge should spawn and just sniper them. Once the orges are dead, the bridge should form and everyone can walk across.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
If you guys wanna know how to cheese the bridge, there's similar to the oracles without to cause death. Don't know if it has been mention already or not. It requires a sunbro. Pretty much there's 2 pillers on the left, everyone but 1 jumps on it. 1 guy actives the bridge, jumps up there and everyone falls to the death but the sunbro. He will be the last one to kill himself, and once the timer reaches 1, he should review. After that the adds across the bridge should spawn and just sniper them. Once the orges are dead, the bridge should form and everyone can walk across.

No need to go through that much work. Just jump on the buildings and snipe everything in the other side.

No need to die or kill a swordbearer.

Apparently, there is an absolute cheese for crota now. Once you get him down, the fire team leader leaves the game, and crota will stay down permanently. Reddit post:https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe..._battle_cheeseglitch_footage/?sort=confidence

They did this on xbone, not sure if it works on other systems.
Someone stated "
Works on PS4. The Leader has to unclick is Internetconnection in the settings and drop back in. Dont swap leader around, the leader as you drop/wipe has to do it (because he is host). You have to kill Towerknights, swordguy and ogrws but its easier not caring about crota
permalink"

Jinjo

Apparently, there is an absolute cheese for crota now. Once you get him down, the fire team leader leaves the game, and crota will stay down permanently. Reddit post:https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe..._battle_cheeseglitch_footage/?sort=confidence

Only took a week for that to pop up. Guess I know what everybody is going to be doing when the reset hits. This is the reason why Bungie is holding back Hard mode. Let us find all the exploits and then have it fixed by the time Hard mode hits.

Hzoltan69

Someone stated "
Works on PS4. The Leader has to unclick is Internetconnection in the settings and drop back in. Dont swap leader around, the leader as you drop/wipe has to do it (because he is host). You have to kill Towerknights, swordguy and ogrws but its easier not caring about crota
permalink"

Anyone want to try this on PS4? I have a Crota checkpoint. :)

Midas

Only took a week for that to pop up. Guess I know what everybody is going to be doing when the reset hits. This is the reason why Bungie is holding back Hard mode. Let us find all the exploits and then have it fixed by the time Hard mode hits.

That's actually an interesting thought. I just kept thinking that they're "holding back content", but, yeah, this could be the reason. Or one of the reasons.

Rixa

So that Eris bounty:
"Husk Reaper" - Collect Husk Shards (200) by deafeating Hive on any destination.

What destination is The Dark Below, when first shard is dropped by Crota?

Also we too found few bugs:
- Knights walk through glass wall
- Chalice disappears if Chaclice carrier dies
^^ Bug or feature?

My first run
we missed one chest
netted:
- Song of Ir Yût (Machine gun)
- 4 Radiant Energy
- 5 Radiant Shard
- 1 Husk shard for Eris bounty ;)

Schwabe

and this ladies and gentlemen is why the hard raid isn't here yet. i really hope they fix all this bugs and cheese ... crotas end is not that hard, it just needs more communication and coordination than VoG ...

i don't get it ... the bridge part is one of the best encounters in the game so far. why would anyone cheese this ... it's not that hard, it's fun!

Midas

So that Eris bounty:
"Husk Reaper" - Collect Husk Shards (200) by deafeating Hive on any destination.

What destination is The Dark Below, when first shard is dropped by Crota?

Also we too found few bugs:
- Knights walk through glass wall
- Chalice disappears if Chaclice carrier dies
^^ Bug or feature?

My first run
we missed one chest
netted:
- Song of Ir Yût (Machine gun)
- 4 Radiant Energy
- 5 Radiant Shard
- 1 Husk shard for Eris bounty ;)

You got 1 of 200 shards from Crota? That's actually funny.

Hzoltan69

and this ladies and gentlemen is why the hard raid isn't here yet. i really hope they fix all this bugs and cheese ... crotas end is not that hard, it just needs more communication and coordination than VoG ...

i don't get it ... the bridge part is one of the best encounters in the game so far. why would anyone cheese this ... it's not that hard, it's fun!

I don't even think it is true. VoG also felt really difficult the first time around (even though we did it as lvl28s), then became piss easy as everyone learnt the ropes. I expect the same with CE. It may even become easier and faster than VoG once there are some lvl 32s...

So, is it just me, or is anyone else starting to notice some bad behavior on patrol? Being shot at and melee'd, that sort of thing. Haven't noticed it before, but considering some of Eris's bounties involve camping out for a shot at the Blades of Crota and the relic, a little bit more competitive and territorial feelings seem to be creeping in.

Don't like it. I preferred it when everyone did their own thing, and occasionally came together for a public event. I hope that Bungie doesn't add anything that might add a more competitive aspect to patrols.

Which of course means they're going to completely do it and piss me off.

Hyun Sai

Many people don't care about fun. They just want the quickest rewards possible with minimal / no effort, so will cheat / abuse as soon as its available.

This week will be a nightmare for anyone willing to do it legit.

Oh well.

ocean

Banned
I don't even think it is true. VoG also felt really difficult the first time around (even though we did it as lvl28s), then became piss easy as everyone learnt the ropes. I expect the same with CE. It may even become easier and faster than VoG once there are some lvl 32s...
Both need a lot of communication. I'd agree that Crota demands better coordination though.

I've been on several teams that just can't get Crota. Not because there isn't enough firepower, but because it isn't timed correctly. Either taking shields down too early or too late for instance. Someone on balcony Knight duty starts shooting Thralls and a boomer hits the team. Sword knight taking way too long to be killed because the team's firepower isn't concentrated on him.

VoG basically demands a team to communicate properly to get good positioning. Help on left! Ok Spirit Bloom room! Minotaur center stairs! We're on Venus! Whatever. But there's no one instance where timing and coordination are so crucial. Oracles, Atheon, Templar...you shoot them without really considering "I have to time these shots, I'll hold my fire 4 more seconds".

I'll probably be doing a cheese run tomorrow one with my cousin and friend so I have room for 3. And the other 2 alts I can get a group of 5. So if ppl wanna learn the cheese I can help.

I still haven't beaten crota :( to busy.

If you have room tomorrow 9pm eastern i would like to join

PSN Alpha-Perro

Arrrammis

What's the Crota cheese? If it can be done before rollover then sure.

Posted earlier this same page:

I'd love to join you guys, but can't get to my ps4 for a few more hours. Update with results! may RNG be ever in your favor!

Rainmaker

Banned
So, is it just me, or is anyone else starting to notice some bad behavior on patrol? Being shot at and melee'd, that sort of thing. Haven't noticed it before, but considering some of Eris's bounties involve camping out for a shot at the Blades of Crota and the relic, a little bit more competitive and territorial feelings seem to be creeping in.

Yep! I've even received messages from players mad about me getting the sword a few times now. It's not something I like at all. I usually try waiting my turn if someone is there before me but it does get unpleasant pretty fast now. It gets crowded too.

Top Bottom