• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

So the Thorn, after the buff, may be the best HC in the game in my opinion. The FB and Hawkmoon are obviously contenders as well.

I wasn't big on it for a while but I finished the bounty on Tuesday and got the 331 version. I haven't even unlocked the DoT perk yet and I love it. I know it's a beast in PvP but I think the DoT perk will serve me very well in the CE raid and other high-level PvE content.

Thoughts from anyone that uses it?

Sullichin

So the Thorn, after the buff, may be the best HC in the game in my opinion. The FB and Hawkmoon are obviously contenders as well.

I wasn't big on it for a while but I finished the bounty on Tuesday and got the 331 version. I haven't even unlocked the DoT perk yet and I love it. I know it's a beast in PvP but I think the DoT perk will serve me very well in the CE raid and other high-level PvE content.

Thoughts from anyone that uses it?

Best handcannon in the game barring some new stuff I haven't tried yet, but it's probably still the best. The DOT is what makes it - you can get a kill with two headshots in PVP. You can pop off a couple of shots and duck behind cover and get a kill while reloading. It's so fun to use.

Hawkbro, you were in the VoG Raid when I got home so I just went ahead and did NF and Weekly with my Lock. I went in solo and happened upon another guy riding a sparrow right before it turns into an instance. I examined the guy and he only had one other teammate so messaged him and we ended up teaming up. The strike is pretty easy but the final boss room can get crazy depending on your team. To give perspective to mine, in the NF I ended up with two hundred forty something kills while my teammates had seventy something a piece and then with the Weekly I had up in the two hundred fifties while they again had in the seventies. My back! j/k they were cool guys and we had laughs plus just having people to rez you is of course, invaluable. Also, they both had Saint-14 on and it's HILARIOUS seeing the various enemies get blinded when they enter the bubble, never seen that before! A knight walking out slowly rubbing his eyes is LOL! blind Thrall so funny too. This was finally an instance where Timepiece could shine. I think it was literally made for taking on a large rush of thrall with Arc burn on. Soooo good. The Supremacy from the Queens missions was my true champion though. It could one shot virtually every enemy in there with the burner on and take down witches with the quickness. Not to mention it's quite handy with the boss' shield :)

Alas, my crap luck with NF rewards continues but I had enough marks and a commendation to get the Vanguard helmet and I could get gloves or boots too but I'm going to wait and see what I get from the Raid. Speaking of which, hyped as hell to try it! It's a bummer that the Vanguard armor has worse perks and stats (besides base defense and light) than my VoC armor and don't look as good but they'll get replaced with Crota armor in the end anyway. I'm just gearing up to hit 31 to help with the Raid as I prepare for the grind for Crota Armor! May I luck upon an armor piece or two in tonight's run! Did anyone beat it last night? I saw Boegy playing it for a while last night so he probably got far.

Namikaze1

Zoba! We running it fresh tonight now! This is a megaton!

And I wasnt ignoring you, LiK. I was busy checking out another thread and when I returned to this one, it refreshed to the next page. I'm on mobile so I didn't see the post till I went back to the previous page.

Crota's End spoilers

Flashbang makes the Bridge encounter MUCH MUCH easier. You also don't need everyone across, we did it with 5. Last guy died on the other side. Still advanced the encounter and we finished it.
That's really strange.
I was the last one over the bridge and it despawned while I was running. When I went down in the pit, the team wipe respawn counter started and we had to start over. We were so close, and it was only our second attempt!

People need to stop complaining about not getting crap from the Crota nightfall/raid. It's the very first one completed and normal mode at that! When you do it 3 weeks in a row and get nothing, then that's a starting point to complain.

Didnt Bungie say that the RNG that was governing drop in CE going to be "smarter", taking into account what you had or didnt have?

todd360

Zoba! We running it fresh tonight now! This is a megaton!

And I wasnt ignoring you, LiK. I was busy checking out another thread and when I returned to this one, it refreshed to the next page. I'm on mobile so I didn't see the post till I went back to the previous page.

If you guys wait for me to get home from work again im in.

Goddamnit why is my gf here right now I need to run the first two sections of crotas raid ad infinitum right muthafucking now. fuck :(. my life sucks everyone going to have everything and I'm going to be left behind because bungie will hotfix this with a vengeance.

That's really strange.
I was the last one over the bridge and it despawned while I was running. When I went down in the pit, the team wipe respawn counter started and we had to start over. We were so close, and it was only our second attempt!

Huh, yeah I think we only had 4 guys that made it across.

LiK

Goddamnit why is my gf here right now I need to run the first two sections of crotas raid ad infinitum right muthafucking now. fuck :(. my life sucks everyone going to have everything and I'm going to be left behind because bungie will hotfix this with a vengeance.

Be with her. Hold her.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Boom, just hit 31 on my Titan. Ready for Xur now. Hoping for upgraded versions of Helm of Saint-14 or Armamentarium. If not, I would take the Glasshouse. I have a feeling though I'll be severely let down and he will have nothing I need lol.

lolwat

if i had a girlfriend over right now i'd be swimming in ass, and not the ascendent kind.

Does she not want to watch you play?

ocean

Banned
Whoa. Crotas End has a 24 hour instead of weekly reset for rewards. Has to be a bug.

This only works for checkpoint rewards, not chests.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2ovcuv/new_raid_reward_system_daily_reset_double_rewards/
Lots of Hive are gonna die today.

tumblr_mnaywjJwU11s2b2mgo1_250.gif

IMO VoG should be bumped up to coincide with the new level cap, and/or they should let us upgrade all legendaries and exotics until the comet expansion. if people are complaining there isn't much to do, the last thing the game should do is invalidate the things they've already accomplished.

i feel like they're using the level system solely to make weapons that are otherwise unimpressive objectively better than old stuff.

Isn't there a level 31 VoG coming? I thought I heard something about that. Maybe it will drop higher tier loot.

Didnt Bungie say that the RNG that was governing drop in CE going to be "smarter", taking into account what you had or didnt have?

They didn't say guaranteed drops for everyone. If every single person that has no raid gear got a raid piece, that just doesn't make sense. All I've gotten were shards so far but I can't be upset with the very first run. It'll be smarter, not 100% drop rate if you have nothing yet.

Top Bottom