• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

People would run VoG for the easy exotics and not do the new raid would probably be Bungie's mindset on not updating it.

Makes VoG pointless. So sad. I loved the VoG.
It still seems weird that you can get the upgraded exotics from a nightfall and not even from the hard VoG. They should have at least made the level 30 VoG drop new exotics (and upgraded raid weaps for even more grind!)

I also find it odd that you can only get radiant shards and energy from CE. People who are worried about not getting armor drops immediately shouldn't be concerned because you are gonna need to do that shit over and over again to collect enough shards to upgrade it anyway.

LTWood12

I think VoG exotics were left Vanilla because they figure it would become too easy to get multiple exotic rolls per week as players eventually will significantly out level the content. You can still get them but require Xur to make them useful for new endgame content.

Then again, there is the easy solo Crota raid chest that drops exotics. Maybe that was unintentional, but I am not complaining. Got me a Thunderlord 2.0 last night. Please don't patch this Bungie :)

You know they will though :(

Yea I agree.

At least the trade off for when progress gets reset in MMOs is that your progress/level cap increase usually happens once a year at most. Also, when an expansion is released there is so much new content you never have to or really want to touch the old content again. In Destiny most of the strike playlist, nightfall, etc is the same.

Not an MMO but the other loot based game I play a lot of is Diablo 3. It was almost 2 years after the game launched when Blizzard raised the level cap so the community as a whole embraced the cap increase. They had max level gear for a long long time and enjoyed it for, like I said, almost 2 years. 3 months after launch is too soon.

yes, destiny's cycle is way too short for the amount of grinding you're asked to do, the amount of progress you can make in a given week, and the RNG you ultimately have to rely on.

yes, destiny's cycle is way too short for the amount of grinding you're asked to do, the amount of progress you can make in a given week, and the RNG you ultimately have to rely on.

I agree with that. What's the solution though? Two months in, plenty of people were complaining about how they had nothing to do anymore. DLC comes with CE @ same level as HM VoG, and no new level cap?

this is why I keep it light on which weapons and armor I decide to upgrade and work with.

At first, we wanted all weapons. But now knowing what we know, I will just pick a base of weapons that I guarantee to use and just work with those

Dirtbag

What are you confused about? Vendor gear gives you 33 light, as do fully upgraded exotics. That's all better than any gear you had before, so just replace it as you can.

Commendations / Radiant / Marks / Rep / Shards

I dont keep up with the game enough. I'm locked out of all my vendors it seems now.

zewone

People need to stop complaining about not getting crap from the Crota nightfall/raid. It's the very first one completed and normal mode at that! When you do it 3 weeks in a row and get nothing, then that's a starting point to complain.

It's not my first nightfall and it's one of the toughest since it's a new strike and Lightswitch plus Arc burn make one hit kills an easy reality.

Nightfall # 1 : 8 ass shards
Nightfall # 2 : Solar sniper rifle
Nightfall # 3 : Legendary Engram (opened into 2 ass energy)

I've had a lot of terrible nightfalls lately.

forrest

formerly nacire
Any standout must have weapons from the vanguard quartermaster? I already have two new legendary scout rifles, nightfall and cryptarch package. Got a commendation and marks burning a hole in my pocket. Trying to resist the cool looking Hunter helm as I don't need it.

Quoting for new page

Future

I don't understand why some people are calling it 'wasted effort'. I call it 'having fun for 3 months'. Maybe some people just aren't used to MMO style progression grinds...

Bungie just does a terrible job at rewarding effort. You put lots of time into things and you want at least the illusion that it means something. It's not just Raids

Weekly Strike: guaranteed 9 strange coins
Nightfall: may get 6 coins

What the fuck type of design is that. Yeah, the game is fun. But the effort you have to put into nightfall: to never ever wipe, to endure the typical angry modifiers and shit... Only to get a reward less than the weekly strike. It actually makes no sense and is literally just stupid. But this design is present in the Raid rewards and these decisions on the DLC

Iron banner is the first time I saw an effort to reward time spent: medallions on loss and a rep grind where you gained more xp the later you were in the week with guaranteed rep based rewards. Get that designer on everything else bungie

I agree with that. What's the solution though? Two months in, plenty of people were complaining about how they had nothing to do anymore. DLC comes with CE @ same level as HM VoG, and no new level cap?

IMO VoG should be bumped up to coincide with the new level cap, and/or they should let us upgrade all legendaries and exotics until the comet expansion. if people are complaining there isn't much to do, the last thing the game should do is invalidate the things they've already accomplished.

i feel like they're using the level system solely to make weapons that are otherwise unimpressive objectively better than old stuff.

LiK

IMO VoG should be bumped up to coincide with the new level cap, and/or they should let us upgrade all legendaries and exotics until the comet expansion. if people are complaining there isn't much to do, the last thing the game should do is invalidate the things they've already accomplished.

i feel like they're using the level system solely to make weapons that are otherwise unimpressive objectively better than old stuff.

Yea, Still surprises me they don't have a harder mode for VoG after update. At least make it on par with Crota at Normal.

Top Bottom