• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

gdt

Exotics definitely level faster. My hunter helm is almost done. All I did want 2 dailys plus bounties and regular play.

phen0m24

Yeah, I mean I feel like once you get it you get it for that part. Might have a few bad luck attempts, but it's not very time consuming.

I think he might have died a lot more than you :)

48 times to be exact. hahaha Looking at Bungie.net We both had 48!! Too funny.

a certain 29 in our group had 59 L.O.L.

Hehe our K/D was similar.

Hoodbury had 1047 kills, 514 assists!!! and 21.8 KD;
I had 979 kills, 363 assists, and 20.40 KD.

Tawpgun

Would be interesting if there was a level 30 VoG raid variant that dropped upgraded VoG weapons. They would be only SLIGHTLY lower attack (like 5-10 points) than the Hive counterparts.

This way you can run a harder version of VoG (all hard mode stuff enabled, no revives, detain fields etc, maybe some new challenges....) and get good weapons before trying Crotas End Hard Mode.

48 times to be exact. hahaha Looking at Bungie.net We both had 48!! Too funny.

a certain 29 in our group had 59 L.O.L.

Hehe our K/D was similar.

Hoodbury had 1047 kills, 514 assists!!! and 21.8 KD;
I had 979 kills, 363 assists, and 20.40 KD.

Ahaha, holy shit. Not a great showing on my part. Nice job guys!

forrest

formerly nacire
First Impressions on No Land Beyond:

6 clip bolt action means a lot of time is spent in the reload animation.

Iron sights are kind of busy and often occlude things while ads.

Looks cool.

Takes my primary slot which could go to more efficient weapons

I'm really trying to find a reason this gun exists.

You guys are right destiny has turned me into a terrible shell of a human being. Learn from my mistakes fellow guardians.

funny story, i just found out an ex of mine plays destiny and she wants me to play it with her when her bf isn't around.

MYDfRd9.gif

7000 Glimmer and one exotic shard.

EDIT: Beaten.

Also: http://www.bungie.net/7_The-Dark-Below-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12442 though this just says 1 exotic shard, no mention of glimmer.

Friday Xur will have some available for upgrade.

7000 glimmer, 7?? coins and an exotic shard, and your old gear is new again
Ocean has it right. Perhaps people are confused because they keep saying that the upgrades will cost 7 coins more, but that's just taking the cost of the exotic shard into account. It's one shard and 7,000 glimmer (and then one more shard at the end when you want to max out the new item, which could also cost 7 coins if you don't have one from elsewhere.)

LordofPwn

X-Frame

CE preliminary thoughts

We made it to the bridge and stopped as it was getting late. So to the below, I realize my bias is showing. I didn't enjoy the Flood battles in Halo, but liked the Covenant ones. Just full disclosure there. I like to take my time - and not be running. Well, CE involves a LOT of running so far.

The frenetic pace makes for a tense/fun (choose the definition that fits your playstyle) 1st section! But.

We had people down on every run. Got shoved backward. Stopped by a Cursed Thrall or Knight. Slowed. Just. Enough. If we couldn't revive it would NOT be fun. It was ironic, someone in our group said "A friend told me what they would do to make this more 'difficult' would be to throw waves of Thrall at us." Aaaaaand confirmed. It seems kind of uninspiring to me, and I hope that's not taken as a really strong word. We get it. You're supposed to keep moving - together. We're obviously going to be working on our new Olympic Event: "Synchronized Scrambling." But everyone is rushing, rushing, rushing. Then to turn back at the lantern to see the guy who was just trying to reload his shotgun - getting pummeled by 762 Hive. Ack. All I can think of is "Hard Mode?" No revives? OH MY. That will be 3 levels past ridiculous.

What would I hope for?
Could we have a little more resistance outside (getting in) for a tradeoff of fewer Thrall inside? I wouldn't even mind fighting an Ogre or Hallowed Knight every other lantern - if it meant like 50-75% less Thrall. To kill that many Thrall you need a heavy weapon, and a heavy weapon means you can't move as quickly, and you have a darkness weight penalty already... Again admitting I like more slow-paced battles.

How about an AoE effect via a class or subclass that temporarily reduces the darkness penalty for the group? If a Sunsinger could do that, or a Bladedancer, via a Super that would be amazing. How else can you really "explore" this first area, and it would be a good way to "catch up" the guy only just seconds behind and weight x10?

How about the lanterns NOT explode? Just slow their rate of weight reduction or they dim? You go back for a squaddie, and the inevitable: BOOM. Then their orb is halfway across the map - and now covered in claw-swinging friends. WIPE.

We did eventually make it via a mix of Titan Smashes, Sunsinger going back for the downed, and that Saint 14 bubble at the end!!!!!!!!! X-Frame? I bow in obeisance, friend. THAT saved our butts. Titan Bro Fist X 1000.

TL:DR; I HATE THRALL.

Looking forward to trying the bridge. Oh baby. Anyone in our group 31 yet? Sadly I'm not.

Haha, great post! And I agree completely. Can you imagine doing that part every week or even 3x a week if you have 3 appropriately leveled characters. Unless there are strategies that we've yet to discover, it seems there is very little room for error as just 1 death could mean a wipe and it'll just be stressful each time.

However, one thing I am thinking now is that maybe if the deaths aren't too sudden and at the beginning -- if we can just leave them behind (just for that section) and the remaining just keep going. If just 1 person needs to make it "to the light" then I'd imagine only 1 person technically needs to make it to the bridge. Of course anyone but a Saint-14 Defender or a Sunsinger would likely get overrun in a second, but my point is if 3 or 4 people remain at that point and then it can be done.

My thought process is that 1 death causes everyone to stop and then get overrun for minutes. If those that are safe just keep going it may only take 5 minutes to get to the end and with little hassle. Thoughts? If too many die then the end defending section will be harder but I think the way it allows for just 1 person to make it to the light for everyone to progress means they intended for people to be left behind.

Top Bottom