• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

realcZk

That would be funny and make no sense.

funny kind of like how the raid gear starts at under 30 light level too
anyhow, i heard it from someone when playing the raid so i wasn't sure, haven't been able to try it myself. the weapons definitely give radiant energy.

I don't think two will manage to fly up there. Took me a couple of attempts to make it myself. What you could do is have one person just stay at the spawning point and have the other do everything.

Ah good call. Or is there a way the Sunsinger can just glide up there? Or is there an invisible ceiling if you try to go up manually?

X-Frame

So the Iron Banner gear this time has a lower level than the new raid gear? WTF is that shit? Oh well, I guess I can safely ignore the IB this time.

It wouldn't make sense for them to give them Level 32 gear at this point. Likely in a month or two, with an Iron Banner coming before House of Wolves will they again increase the Light for the armor to 32 to match raid gear.

I just want to know why they are selling the damn boots and gauntlets again and not the chest or helm.

Asked this yesterday but never got an answer: Does dismantling the Gloves you get from the Eris quest give you Ascendant or Radiant materials, or does it treat them the same way as QW and IB gear where they just give you armor mats?

MADGAME

The latter. You can also try to get to the second room, but alone it's quite hard.

Not that hard. You can see the orange light on top of the first door from the walkway. Run up to the first left and look left - is the orange light there? If yes, go get the chest. If no, kind of run toward it but diagonal right toward the second door. You can make it, you should be slowing down right as you get there. Clear out a few Thrall or use a super and grab the chest.

It wouldn't make sense for them to give them Level 32 gear at this point. Likely in a month or two, with an Iron Banner coming before House of Wolves will they again increase the Light for the armor to 32 to match raid gear.

I just want to know why they are selling the damn boots and gauntlets again and not the chest or helm.

So you still have to grind commendations, of course

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
13 rounds. Much better than Timur's Lash field scout going from 12 -> 13.

Field Scout as a weapon modifier does this: "change magazine size from whatever it starts at to the max possible for that weapon type." As a result, it's inherently more valuable a mod the lower the base magazine is for any given gun.

For hand cannons that max is 13.

edit: Also my Timur's Lash goes 7->13... weird.

dB Viper

Hunter will be 31 soon after being 28 for so long.

Got the GG helm from Xur, received the lvl 33 light Gauntlets from Eris after quests, have the level 30 raid chest and bought the lvl 33 vendor legs.

Both my Lock and Hunter will be 31 (my 3rd is a warlock alt, however I might delete and make a Titan).

LordofPwn

Why hello there.
331Gjallarhorn.jpg
Fuck a Nightfall!
You should level that bad boy up for the raid tonight.

Speaking of Which

Crotas End Raid @ 4PM PST on PS4 Estimated Time to Clear 1-2hrs

1. LordofPwn lvl 31 DeathReviver
2. DairyZeus lvl 31 ShockwaveBlinder
3. Rodiard lvl30+ StealthRunner
4. LollipoPReapeR lvl 31 DeathReviver maybe
5. Grimlock33 lvl ??
6. Commish lvl ??

Alt 1. schwagger15
Alt 2. OPEN

matmanx1

Anyone looking to replace their old legendary hand cannon with a new 331 version should definitely go for The Chance from Future War Cult. It was previously awful as it had a 6-bullet clip but now it comes with Field Scout, which should bump it's clip to 13.

That and the fact that the other 2 vendor sold HCs are pretty awful, Devil You Dont having a clip of 5 combined with high fire rate and the Crucible one coming with only ammo saving perks make The Chance an easy choice.

Yeah I have been thinking about picking up a "The Chance" since neither Vanguard or Crucible QM's have great default HC's. I'm not hurting at the moment though since I have an upgraded Thorn that is almost maxed and I got a Another NITC (scount rifle) from a Cryptarch rank-up last night that is decent.

Field Scout as a weapon modifier does this: "change magazine size from whatever it starts at to the max possible for that weapon type." As a result, it's inherently more valuable a mod the lower the base magazine is for any given gun.

For hand cannons that max is 13.

edit: Also my Timur's Lash goes 7->13... weird.
Yeah, I was confusing it with another hand cannon, don't remember which.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Asked this yesterday but never got an answer: Does dismantling the Gloves you get from the Eris quest give you Ascendant or Radiant materials, or does it treat them the same way as QW and IB gear where they just give you armor mats?
heard multiple confirmations that you get ascendant mats from them like you would from any vendor piece
Yeah, I was confusing it with another hand cannon, don't remember which.
yeah likely The Devil You Know or Lord High Fixer, Field Scout a nigh-useless roll on either one.

MADGAME

Yo, are we just doing Crota tonight or full clears?

One full clear and then 3 Crotas is the plan I believe.

I thought we were doing a full clear, but transferring Crota checkpoints. After beating Crota 2 more times, we play Maze and Bridge up to second chest. That way we get 3 full clears while skipping Ir Yut twice. The Maze and Bridge portions are quick, no reason not to grab that sweet raid loot.

zewone

I thought we were doing a full clear, but transferring Crota checkpoints. After beating Crota 2 more times, we play Maze and Bridge up to second chest. That way we get 3 full clears while skipping Ir Yut twice. The Maze and Bridge portions are quick, no reason not to grab that sweet raid loot.

That works too.

Top Bottom