• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

R0ckman

This is where I'm at. I can't enjoy any drops until I get the G-horn out of the way. I swear something feels broken in the new raid without it. Last night we were messing around at the bridge, and Phen0m was on a 29 toon and two G-horns would crush the Sword Bearer. As a 30, four Truths would take him down to maybe half. I think with the yellow bar baddies having fast regen'ing health, the constant barrage of rocket, wolf pack, rocket, wolpack really does a number on them. Truth is like rocket...wait for it...rocket...wait for it...rocket...wait for, oh...reload... rocket.

When I was using the Ghorn on a sword bearer it had the opposite effect of the rubber-banding health regen. He was at about 65% health, I hit him with the Ghorn the wolf pack rounds kicked in, there was a slight pause and the game was like "**** it! Just kill him!" He exploded and just went flying.

stb

Fatebringer eludes me again. So frustrating :/

That was a really rough raid. I'm not sure what our issue was, but a HM VoG with 2 31s, 2 30s, and 2 29s shouldn't take 2 hours and end in failure at Gatekeepers.

I managed to grab Fatebringer, so it was worth it, but OOF, that was a doozy.

Rixa

Uuyeah. Got weapon for my alt hunter which is already using hand cannon as primary weapon.

TLWCrota.PNG
My alt visited also in da chest, got 2 shards.

When I was using the Ghorn on a sword bearer it had the opposite effect of the rubber-banding health regen. He was at about 65% health, I hit him with the Ghorn the wolf pack rounds kicked in, there was a slight pause and the game was like "**** it! Just kill him!" He exploded and just went flying.

Exactly. It's the only RL that's useful right now. I was doing more damage sticking a grenade to the Sword Bearers face than hitting him with rockets from Truth.

Deku Tree

I haven't heard from Fixed at all. You they best Fixed!?!?

I sent him PMs here and PSN messages. We may need a 3rd for our 9pm festivities

Ok. Sounds good.

I just did both once now with my Hunter because the folks I was doing the daily with were interested and I wanted the 1000 rep so I could buy some boots and be on my way to 31. I am in for three weeklies and Nightfalls at our usual time. Maybe we need one more then...

It is really easy to rip thru the Nightfalls and weeklies this week lightening fast.

Deku Tree

I hear that people prefer the Symbiote for the extra shot, nothing can top that. Plus if you are good at aiming and know when to use your super you don't need the added zoom (PVP).

Personally I am a fan of Knucklehead.

Thanks Darryl! I agree the extra golden gun shot sounds too good to pass up. Improved aiming seems like a un-needed crutch...

Although I am curious because the Arachnid helmet says that it grants bonus damage to higher level hive enemies... How much better is the improved damage? Maybe it's good in the raid and the new DLC story missions on heroic?

Coconut

Banned
My plan this week after I do the weeklies and a Hard and Normal VoG and Crota runs is to play through ROC until I hate Lance Reddick's voice.

Lollipop I could of stole your weekly, lol sorry about hijacking your spot at first though. I'm glad I just didn't shoot the boss moment I jumped in, I know that happens often for people so I wanted to make sure.

noomi

Does crota actually have a chance to drop a gjallarhorn? If so I am keeping hope alive, 2x VoG HM and 2x Crotas! PLEASE MAKE IT SO!

Anyone looking to replace their old legendary hand cannon with a new 331 version should definitely go for The Chance from Future War Cult. It was previously awful as it had a 6-bullet clip but now it comes with Field Scout, which should bump it's clip to 13.

That and the fact that the other 2 vendor sold HCs are pretty awful, Devil You Dont having a clip of 5 combined with high fire rate and the Crucible one coming with only ammo saving perks make The Chance an easy choice.
Rolled a Devil You Don't with field scout, third eye, and outlaw. It's deliccccccccious!

Finally! 3x Hunters at 20+

It only meant deleting my Titan and warlock (do not enjoying playing those classes at all because of the jumps)

If only I wasn't on a night shift I could do some weeklys

zewone

Although I am curious because the Arachnid helmet says that it grants bonus damage to higher level hive enemies... How much better is the improved damage? Maybe it's good in the raid and the new DLC story missions on heroic?

Hm? I just got the helmet this morning and it doesn't have that perk.

Top Bottom