• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Trakan

without ruin wings I agree, have you seen how pronounced the effect of those gauntlets is?

It's still RNG. I've done whole strikes without getting a single drop when I had them equipped. The nice thing is even one pack will give you 4-7 rockets though.

What's all the hype over Black Hammer? I'm out of the loop.

Get the Black Hammer and go after the Archon Priest (as an example). I did it last night and literally just stood in front of him pasting him in the face non-stop as the other two guys in my fireteam took down adds. He went down faster than a hungry Thai hooker.

Trakan

Oh absolutely.

I don't have a ghorn or a Titan anymore but it's always nice to have a legendary that behaves like an exotic.

In any case the student in me is very curious about how much crit damage a 331 attack IB does vs the Blackhammer.

I'm not sure about a maxed Black Hammer, but a 331 IB does about 2950 against strike bosses.

X-Frame

without ruin wings I agree, have you seen how pronounced the effect of those gauntlets is?

Anecdotally I am noticing a difference in my drops. Sometimes I'll go through some dry periods and then all of a sudden there will be 5 heavy boxes on the ground, which is sort of a waste sometimes if I need to move, overall I can say I consistently notice more heavy ammo drops.

And if that is not enough, replenishing more heavy ammo per drop is also great. 1 drop gives 3 Ghallarhorn rockets, that's quite amazing. Plus, no heavy ammo bug like Armamentarium.

And lastly, they look fucking amazing with the new fur collar Vanguard chest piece. I'll probably try an Orb Factory Defender Build tonight in the raid with Corrective Measure, I'll report my findings. :)

Deku and I are looking for 1 person to join us for our weekly back to back weeklies and nightfalls this evening at 9pm EST

We will run Nightfall and Weekly on 3 characters back to back.

Anyone interested?

Deku Tree

I'm not sure about a maxed Black Hammer, but a 331 IB does about 2950 against strike bosses.

Well the Blackhammer on that vid was doing 2576 crit damage. However lots of unknowns.

A true test would be both snipers maxed both being shot by a 31 against say a 26 boss on the ROC playlist. Could try both with WoL and without.

Steroyd

For beating Crota on my 3 chars and I got Radiant energy, Radiant shard and my 3rd Swordbreaker.

Fucking RNG and it's only week 2.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Shit son, you're a 1 man raiding machine!

Added

Also Added!

1 more Opening and 2 Alt spots. Would be nice to have a BubbleGunner and we can do checkpoint saves for people at Crota. i also would not mind practicing R2 smash canceling on gatekeepers so we can get 3-5 heavy sword hits in 1 down

I'll go. Have a 31 titan or a 31 warlock.

Who cares, it's a legendary O_O

you could roll a defender build with that AND gjallarhorn and ruin wings and Iron Harvest

galactus tier

I don't have anything solid, but BH does slightly more damage than IB against Dregs in the Cosmodrome. I think a brand new IB was hitting for 960 ish, and a baby BH was doing about 1030 or so.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh absolutely.

I don't have a ghorn or a Titan anymore but it's always nice to have a legendary that behaves like an exotic.

In any case the student in me is very curious about how much crit damage a 331 attack IB does vs the Blackhammer.
oh for sure, I was just kidding- didn't mean to dismiss the curiosity, I'd like to know too. it just blows my mind how much it fills Ice Breaker's typical role while freeing your exotic slot up

Added

Also Added!

1 more Opening and 2 Alt spots. Would be nice to have a BubbleGunner and we can do checkpoint saves for people at Crota. i also would not mind practicing R2 smash canceling on gatekeepers so we can get 3-5 heavy sword hits in 1 down

You starting in about an hour?

Dave_6

That was a really rough raid. I'm not sure what our issue was, but a HM VoG with 2 31s, 2 30s, and 2 29s shouldn't take 2 hours and end in failure at Gatekeepers.

I managed to grab Fatebringer, so it was worth it, but OOF, that was a doozy.

Yeah I agree, not sure what was going on. Didn't help that I had the wind taken out of my sails when the FB didn't drop for me. I wanted to just quit and head back to orbit. Didn't even get a drop I didn't already have. Glad you were able to get it though!

Now the new weeklies have arc damage and guess what the Fatebringer is? Ugh...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anecdotally I am noticing a difference in my drops. Sometimes I'll go through some dry periods and then all of a sudden there will be 5 heavy boxes on the ground, which is sort of a waste sometimes if I need to move, overall I can say I consistently notice more heavy ammo drops.

And if that is not enough, replenishing more heavy ammo per drop is also great. 1 drop gives 3 Ghallarhorn rockets, that's quite amazing. Plus, no heavy ammo bug like Armamentarium.

And lastly, they look fucking amazing with the new fur collar Vanguard chest piece. I'll probably try an Orb Factory Defender Build tonight in the raid with Corrective Measure, I'll report my findings. :)
for the lulz you might want to test that lil thing out in the Undying Mind strike.... \:>

Didn't get much from the raid besides a third ice breaker, which I sharded, alot of radiant shards and energies. However I did get the raid boots, which is the last piece of gear I needed to reach lvl32 for my hunter..plus 28 more radiant shards.

Going to ask again, because thread was moving pretty fast earlier.

What kind of team is needed to pull a level 25 through Vault of Glass on normal? Was going to run tonight (I'm level 28), but my friend didn't hit 26 as we anticipated last night.

Looking for one more to tear straight through Crota's End (gross) on PS4 right now. 30 minutes or less or your money back. PSN is DrDrizzay101.

Didn't get much from the raid besides a third ice breaker, which I sharded, alot of radiant shards and Enders. However I did get the raid boots, which is the last piece of gear I needed to reach lvl32 for my hunter..plus 28 more radiant shards.

No complaining allowed from the guy who already has (at least) 7 of the 9 raid armor drops he needs for 3 Lv32 classes, haha. Thanks for playing, lots of fun as always!

What kind of team is needed to pull a level 25 through Vault of Glass on normal? Was going to run tonight (I'm level 28), but my friend didn't hit 26 as we anticipated last night.

Any experienced team of 28s could do it but obviously the more high levels you have the better. I've helped pull a gaffer buddy's Lv23 through it with a team of 5 29 or 30s, very easy.

Sullichin

Didn't get much from the raid besides a third ice breaker, which I sharded, alot of radiant shards and energies. However I did get the raid boots, which is the last piece of gear I needed to reach lvl32 for my hunter..plus 28 more radiant shards.

Wow, all of the armor you need by the second week?

No complaining allowed from the guy who already has (at least) 7 of the 9 raid armor drops he needs for 3 Lv32 classes, haha. Thanks for playing, lots of fun as always!
Haha yeah not complaining, I can make do without ballerhorn or Hawkmoon. Just need shards now. Yep always a blast, if you wanna do iron banner this week, I am down.

Wow, all of the armor you need by the second week?
RNGsus won't be blessing me with anything for awhile now.

Coconut

Banned

29s or higher. You both are going to die a lot.

Substantially better post patch, only really a viable use of the slot if you're building around that melee popper though. Flame Shield, throwing knives might be good candidates

Might give it a whirl on my Warlock, but yeah, the Exotic slot is likely better suited for something else.

Yeah it is unfortunate. The last one finally granted worthy gear but of course it was obsoleted 2 weeks after. decisions like this make me not want to play...

I didn't have Destiny when the very first Iron Banner event was going on, so I just thought that this was going to be like the last one and provide another path for level 32 gear. The way it is configured now is a joke.

Oh, and I just received a Vanguard package too for that effort. And what does it turn out to be?

You guessed it, Strange coin. Oh, and 2 shards.

I guess that's better than the last time of getting motes of light from everything.

Edit: Oh, thanks Rahool, my 10th cryptarc package of all rare engrams since patch.

Added

Also Added!

You starting in about an hour?

If I'm not available then, go ahead and get someone else if need be. I'm trying to squeeze in another raid before then

Hoodbury

oh for sure, I was just kidding- didn't mean to dismiss the curiosity, I'd like to know too. it just blows my mind how much it fills Ice Breaker's typical role while freeing your exotic slot up

I don't know, I think I'll stick with Ice Breaker, there are enough bosses with tiny heads or move too fast and my aim just isn't that great with snipers.

It would be nice on some bosses for sure, but for cheesing most bosses, Ice breaker ammo regen will still be best I think.

Top Bottom