• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

funny kind of like how the raid gear starts at under 30 light level too
anyhow, i heard it from someone when playing the raid so i wasn't sure, haven't been able to try it myself. the weapons definitely give radiant energy.

Weapons give radiant, armor gives ascendant.

Shep (I think it was him) broke down a second pair of boots or something and got ass shards.

X-Frame

I thought we were doing a full clear, but transferring Crota checkpoints. After beating Crota 2 more times, we play Maze and Bridge up to second chest. That way we get 3 full clears while skipping Ir Yut twice. The Maze and Bridge portions are quick, no reason not to grab that sweet raid loot.

Damn, this is a great idea. So stupid Bungie didn't put a loot drop there.

You should level that bad boy up for the raid tonight.

Speaking of Which

Crotas End Raid @ 4PM PST on PS4 ETA 1-2hrs

1. LordofPwn lvl 31 DeathReviver
2. DairyZeus lvl 31 ShockwaveBlinder
3. Rodiard
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

Alt 1. OPEN
Alt 2. OPEN

Im in pansargryning 31 sunbro

MADGAME

That works too.
Nice, now I am Macho Man Slim Jimming with anticipation too.

Damn, this is a great idea. So stupid Bungie didn't put a loot drop there.
Even a couple Rads would have been nice. Hell, even some glimmer.

Just did the sword bounties on earth in the Steppes area where you spawn.
I only did it three times but it appears that the event triggers every five minutes on the fives and tens exactly
and the spawn points switch back and forth in order.
Good info, thanks

patchday

So the Iron Banner gear this time has a lower level than the new raid gear? WTF is that shit? Oh well, I guess I can safely ignore the IB this time.

Yeah it is unfortunate. The last one finally granted worthy gear but of course it was obsoleted 2 weeks after. decisions like this make me not want to play...

One full clear and then 3 Crotas is the plan I believe.

I thought we were doing a full clear, but transferring Crota checkpoints. After beating Crota 2 more times, we play Maze and Bridge up to second chest. That way we get 3 full clears while skipping Ir Yut twice. The Maze and Bridge portions are quick, no reason not to grab that sweet raid loot.
Works for me. I think we can bang out a full clear + extra Crota runs in little time. Wouldn't mind doing the first 2 parts again after that if it's not too late.

rNilla

The IB sniper looks nice but I already have Black Hammer. Might be fun to re-roll it a few times though and see what develops.

run a clan named Progenitor that is recruiting North American Xbox One Guardians. I'd like for us to be able to run at least two raid groups week in and week out. Crota's End every week with some other sporadic things like flawless Vault of Glass runs, maybe some shard farming in Vault here and there, Iron Banner groups, etc. If you are a competent player that communicates, that likes to have fun and would rather have some consistent people to run raids and groups with, shoot me a private message here on GAF or use the link below to our page on bungie.net and request an invitation.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/174077

downed Crota thrice (in an hour actually, my new record!). Got Black Hammer (dupes) and Shards, energy :/
Did you already have Black Hammer drop on that same character? If so did you have it equipped or in inventory?

I'm trying to avoid getting a third FR. Hopefully at least equipping it at the end helps.

Did you already have Black Hammer drop on that same character? If so did you have it equipped or in inventory?

I'm trying to avoid getting a third FR. Hopefully at least equipping it at the end helps.

I had it equipped both times. I can't remember which character I got it on first time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sorry, what is the bug? I've used it a few times recently but haven't noticed any oddities. Just curious.
You must not have used it extensively before the patch, right?

Pocket Infinity used to work like this:

Long charge, blast,blast blast, Long charge, blast blast blast, Long charge, blast blast blast

The second blast of each 3 did slightly less damage than the first, the third slightly less than that, and so on (you could get up to 5 or even 6 with the auto-return).

Now it works like this:

Long charge, blast blast blast, quick charge, blast blast blast, quick charge, blast blast blast

Which at first seems like it's amazing and overpowered. However, the subsequent blasts after the third are calculating as though they were the fourth, fith, sixth, and so on- eventually doing so little damage as to not be able to even kill someone in the Crucible. It resets when you die (you start with a "long charge" again).

Sad :<

Trakan

So the new lantern launch shortcut makes it really easy to solo phase 1 with any character. I just did it with hunter, warlock, and titan. The game tried to get some payback by spawning a second ogre when I was on my titan, heh.

So I have two bridge checkpoints and a chest checkpoint if we need them.

chewydogg

So after being on Tower Knight duty last night as a 30, I want to get to 31 asap. Even with a 307 Ice Breaker, it was taking 3 headshots to down a knight, so I was running out of ammo too fast and too often. We got close to ending Crota, but couldn't pull it off. We would of had less wipes if I could have downed those knights faster...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
2576 crit damage on the nexus with very little recoil and instant reload... if you can pull that off it is much better than an IB.

Does anyone know if the BlackHammer was fully upgraded in that video? How much crit damage does IB do to the Nexus for comparison?
Who cares, it's a legendary O_O

you could roll a defender build with that AND gjallarhorn and ruin wings and Iron Harvest

galactus tier

We're doing 3:30PM and then one right after completion if you want to stick around for a 2nd :)
Def can't do the second, which is why I'm trying to form an earlier one too. I'm only 1,200 glimmer from having my hunter at 31 with the raid boots that increase agility while sword handling.

X-Frame

you could roll a defender build with that AND gjallarhorn and ruin wings and Iron Harvest

galactus tier

This makes me want to run a maxed 331 Attack Thunderlord with Field Scout in the raid with all those and see how it works.

Iron Harvest seems much more suited for machine guns over rocket launchers.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This makes me want to run a maxed 331 Attack Thunderlord with Field Scout in the raid with all those and see how it works.

Iron Harvest seems much more suited for machine guns over rocket launchers.
without ruin wings I agree, have you seen how pronounced the effect of those gauntlets is?

LordofPwn

The IB sniper looks nice but I already have Black Hammer. Might be fun to re-roll it a few times though and see what develops.
Shit son, you're a 1 man raiding machine!
Im in pansargryning 31 sunbro
Added
Me me me me!! (31 warlock)
Also Added!

1 more Opening and 2 Alt spots. Would be nice to have a BubbleGunner and we can do checkpoint saves for people at Crota. i also would not mind practicing R2 smash canceling on gatekeepers so we can get 3-5 heavy sword hits in 1 down

Deku Tree

galactus tier

Oh absolutely.

I don't have a ghorn or a Titan anymore but it's always nice to have a legendary that behaves like an exotic.

Although if your not hitting Crits all the time the IB still wins IMO.

In any case the student in me is very curious about how much crit damage a 331 attack IB does vs the Blackhammer.

Top Bottom