• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

What. We only got shards from Crota...

Yeah, apparently the weapon was only "guaranteed" last week. We had a bunch of people only get shards or energy. Poor Steroyd only got shards once, energy once, and his 3rd Sword Breaker. :(

I got only energy once but got a new machine gun and a new Black Hammer plus all the gear I need for my Warlock to eventually hit Lv 32.

Kensuke

We just downed Crota and only the guy that hadn't done it before got a weapon. The other 5 only got shards. I think you only get the weapon one time guaranteed.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just did like 6 Crota runs today and like 5 bridge runs. What the fuck is wrong with my life. lol

Yeah, apparently the weapon was only "guaranteed" last week. We had a bunch of people only get shards or energy. Poor Steroyd only got shards once, energy once, and his 3rd Sword Breaker. :(

I got only energy once but got a new machine gun and a new Black Hammer plus all the gear I need for my Warlock to eventually hit Lv 32.
I got nothing this week... a dude in my party got Hawkmoon from Crota. lol

HIs buddy is a 26 and my assessment is not based on damage out put thought at their levels I doubt they have great weapons.

Why not? You have to be level 29 to have great weapons?

Normal is a breeze. You don't even need great weapons. As long as they're legendary, they'll do the job.

noomi

I'm available at that time. lvl 31 titan. psn: optictruth

I can also do that as well, including the 2nd run. Really want to get this raid completed today since I won't get a chance the rest of the week.

Hey, our first team is full (3:30PM EST), I'll put you down as an alt though in-case one person doesn't show up. You are more than welcome in the second group, I'll send you out a FR :)

Whoa...Would have been good to know last week. I messed around trying to get armor so I could start leveling it thinking that I would have plenty of shots at weapons since everyone was getting one per run. I would have don't Crota with my alts if I had known.

Deku Tree

Crazy... Well if you don't get a weapon do you at least get more radiant mats?

without ruin wings I agree, have you seen how pronounced the effect of those gauntlets is?

It's still RNG. I've done whole strikes without getting a single drop when I had them equipped. The nice thing is even one pack will give you 4-7 rockets though.
I've noticed that on patrol, public events, vanguard playlist and missions the heavy drops like crazy, but yesterday while doing nightfall and crota's end the drops were scarce, but I did get up 3 or 4 rockets on every drop.

Mattiator

Looking for one more to tear straight through Crota's End (gross) on PS4 right now. 30 minutes or less or your money back. PSN is DrDrizzay101.

No complaining allowed from the guy who already has (at least) 7 of the 9 raid armor drops he needs for 3 Lv32 classes, haha. Thanks for playing, lots of fun as always!

Any experienced team of 28s could do it but obviously the more high levels you have the better. I've helped pull a gaffer buddy's Lv23 through it with a team of 5 29 or 30s, very easy.

Do you still need one?

Sullichin

Oh man, IB bounties are identical to last time? What are they smoking over at Bungie?
you will get auto rifle headshots and you will like it

I only played a couple of matches of IB because Skirmish on the new maps is so much better.

Am I the only one who likes Young Amakara's Spine in PVP? I definitely get more trip mine kills with it. With 100% discipline I pretty much have one to go when my last one explodes. Still getting way of the gun / breaker with 3 GG shots / combustion anyway

Deku Tree

Whoa...Would have been good to know last week. I messed around trying to get armor so I could start leveling it thinking that I would have plenty of shots at weapons since everyone was getting one per run. I would have don't Crota with my alts if I had known.

Maybe it's only guaranteed on your first Crota takedown and you still have the same chance. (My Hunter hopes that's the case.)

Coconut

Banned
Why not? You have to be level 29 to have great weapons?

Normal is a breeze. You don't even need great weapons. As long as they're legendary, they'll do the job.

Talk to the dude asking questions and give him some pointers or help him and his friend run the vault I 'm just giving my perspective based on seeing rando 28s and below try and run the vault it always ends with them getting frustrated and if i in spect their gear they are running not so great gear and weapons.

E92 M3

Nooooooooooooooo don't say that.

Maybe it's only guaranteed on your first Crota takedown and you still have the same chance. (My Hunter hopes that's the case.)

Fingers crossed. I wouldn't mind that too much since I have the sniper and just want the LMG. After that, I'm okay with shards and an exotic roll or whatever.

LordofPwn

You should level that bad boy up for the raid tonight.

Speaking of Which

Crotas End Raid @ 4PM PST on PS4 Estimated Time to Clear 1-2hrs

1. LordofPwn lvl 31 DeathReviver
2. DairyZeus lvl 31 ShockwaveBlinder
3. Rodiard lvl30+ StealthRunner
4. LollipoPReapeR lvl 31 DeathReviver
5. Doomshroom (pansargryning) lvl 31 DeathReviver
6. Commish maybe? idk anymore

Alt 1. OPEN
Alt 2. OPEN
Let's try this again... 4PM PST is in 6.5 Hours. Who here can still do that?

Greenymac

Alright boys, looking to hand Crota his ass on a platter this evening between 6 and 6:30 eastern time. Im looking to hold a spot for my buddy Tyson and hopefully either Graverobberx, DrDrizzay, or Dhruv will be the MC spinning Crotas greatest hits until he hits the floor. I dont have all night, so Im looking for an experienced team to drop that HeavyAnal on Crota and take home the loot.

1. GreenyMac
2. Tyson bane
3. swordsman

Im at my office and will be checking the thread periodically. Please quote so I can keep up with the responses.

realcZk

PSN: bytestyle | Grimoire: 2355 | Glimmer: 13131 | Hours Played: 617 | Characters: 31 Titan , 31 Warlock , 31 Hunter

617 hours and still no ballerhorn...
bungie pls

Top Bottom