• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Steroyd

Yeah, apparently the weapon was only "guaranteed" last week. We had a bunch of people only get shards or energy. Poor Steroyd only got shards once, energy once, and his 3rd Sword Breaker. :(

I got only energy once but got a new machine gun and a new Black Hammer plus all the gear I need for my Warlock to eventually hit Lv 32.

I wouldn't say Garunteed last week, looks like RNGesus brings you into a false sense of security by giving you a weapon on the first completition and then BAM, he does what he does best.

So far, I've got enough shards to fully level up 1 raid armour piece so at the moment I'm at a pace of maxing 1 raid gear per week... if I had better drops on one character I'd be hopeful of getting at least 1 level 32 in the next couple of weeks but it's spread out.

Those Ruin wings though, I'm never going to have to use Heavy Synth with my Titan ever again if that run where I used him is any indication, also pisses me off that Raid helmets aren't dropping in normal, because that means benching them if I do eventually get my Titan to level 32. :(

Deku Tree

PSN: bytestyle | Grimoire: 2355 | Glimmer: 13131 | Hours Played: 617 | Characters: 31 Titan , 31 Warlock , 31 Hunter

617 hours and still no ballerhorn...
bungie pls

I haven't played as much as you... But I played a lot and I am still missing four pre-DLC weapon exotics. The problem is that three of them are ghorn, thunderlord, and Hawkmoon.

EL CUCO

Yeah, apparently the weapon was only "guaranteed" last week. We had a bunch of people only get shards or energy. Poor Steroyd only got shards once, energy once, and his 3rd Sword Breaker. :(

I got only energy once but got a new machine gun and a new Black Hammer plus all the gear I need for my Warlock to eventually hit Lv 32.
lmkSAXX.jpg

Ourobolus

Banned
what rock in the back?

If you're looking into the chamber, in the back left is a set of rocks that you can jump into. A little gulley is there which your character can crouch in and not get hit by Phogoth's blast (or anything else really, except for the knights up top, so you need to take them out).

Kill all of the adds first off, then unchain Phogoth, he'll chase after you and you can snipe him easily from that spot, ducking if you are taking too much damage. It's best to have multiple people since if he's targeting one the others can shoot at him, but it's totally doable solo.

LH7mL5D.jpg

so i was curious on this solo stuff, just did first part and gatekeeper part alone as a warlock in less than an hour... pretty amusing. Hopefully they patch this quick, there's not point in doing it with a group.

Mattiator

Looking to start a crotas end raid 2 hours from now 1140 pst 240 pst. Level 31 warlock. Hoping to make it a smooth run.

Quote yourself in.

1.Mattiator85 level 31 warlock.
2.ambitious
3.computermkII
4.zalwake
5.pansargryning
6.kitaj

Alt deathfromabove

Coconut

Banned
If you're looking into the chamber, in the back left is a set of rocks that you can jump into. A little gulley is there which your character can crouch in and not get hit by Phogoth's blast (or anything else really, except for the knights up top, so you need to take them out).

Kill all of the adds first off, then unchain Phogoth, he'll chase after you and you can snipe him easily from that spot, ducking if you are taking too much damage. It's best to have multiple people since if he's targeting one the others can shoot at him, but it's totally doable solo.

I saw a guy do this last night during a ROC strike. it's still a thing.

realcZk

http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12470

1.1.0.2 : The one that followed Expansion I.

This update corrects some issues that were introduced to Destiny with the release of The Dark Below. We are also continuing to support the Destiny sandbox with changes that were identified prior the launch of Expansion I.

General

- Fixed a typo in the German word for 'Radiant Energy'

Weapons

General
- Fixed an issue in which some weapon projectiles were improperly penetrating Hive shields
Pocket Infinity
- Rolled back changes induced by a previous Exotic weapon update
- Charge up and deactivation now work as originally designed
- Players may again encounter a previously known issue which prevents charge up

Gear

- Both existing and future Raid gear obtained in Crota’s End now begins at Level 30 with an upgrade path to reach Level 32
- Raid helmet obtained in Crota's End now drops on Normal Mode and will be a more frequent drop on Hard Mode
- Fixed an issue in which Dead Orbit Hunter cloaks awarded reputation gains for both Dead Orbit and Vanguard/Crucible

Activities

- Added a replayable node to the Director for the ‘Fist of Crota' mission

Ourobolus

Banned
Both existing and future Raid gear obtained in Crota’s End now begins at Level 30 with an upgrade path to reach Level 32
Raid helmet obtained in Crota's End now drops on Normal Mode and will be a more frequent drop on Hard Mode
Oh nice. Thank goodness. Now I can actually bother levelling these Ruin Wings.

LordofPwn

you and your time zones
I atleast know 4pm PST is 12am GMT also hows that spirit bloom chest this time of year?
I can do it. Level 30 Warlock or Titan.
Added to 1st alt and we will probably need you. last night i had a group of 6 plus 2 alts lined up and still ended up needing to grab 4 other people. 4!
If you were starting 30 mins earlier, I might join this group...Then again im waiing to see if my buddy is gonna be able to run it tonight.
was originally going to but its easier for a lot of people to do 4pm, will even give me a chance to do a nightfall.
Yeah that time works for me. I understood what you meant :)
Yay!
I can do that - 31 Warlock or 30 Titan. spyder_ur
Added to 2nd alt. will also probably need you maybe

Ambitious

Looking to start a crotas end raid 2 hours from now 1140 pst 240 pst. Level 31 warlock. Hoping to make it a smooth run.

Quote yourself in.

2. Ambitious

Level 30 Hunter. Completed the raid with my Warlock once, played until Crota with my Hunter (failed to kill him). No sword experience.

Maybe it's only guaranteed on your first Crota takedown and you still have the same chance. (My Hunter hopes that's the case.)

Guaranteed? Why are people saying guaranteed? I don't think anything in this game is guaranteed.

However, Bungie did specifically say that their new loot system pays more attention to your previous drops to make sure you have fewer "dry spells". My gut tells me that works inversely as well.

Deku Tree

Guaranteed? Why are people saying guaranteed? I don't think anything in this game is guaranteed.

However, Bungie did specifically say that their new loot system pays more attention to your previous drops to make sure you have fewer "dry spells". My gut tells me that works inversely as well.

Everyone who beat Crota last week got a weapon (that I heard about anywhere on the internets).

Zakalwe

Banned

Quote yourself in.

2.ambitious
3.computermkII
4. Zakalwe (astropoff) - 31 Titan

Will be home almost dead on 2 hours from now if you guys don't mind waiting (at the most) 10 minutes for me to get myself comfy.

breakfuss

So is the guaranteed weapon drop a once-per-character thing or was it only for the first week? Seeing conflicting info. Thanks.

Deku Tree

Welp, my Titan should be sitting at 31 now. Dope. Awesome that we can replay the first mission now too. Should make those bounties suck substantially less.

Glad to see they got this stuff patched quickly. Wondering, though, how many changes may have gone unsaid.

How can you tell if the changes are unsaid or unintended?

Steroyd

Those Ruin wings though, I'm never going to have to use Heavy Synth with my Titan ever again if that run where I used him is any indication, also pisses me off that Raid helmets aren't dropping in normal, because that means benching them if I do eventually get my Titan to level 32. :(

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I just fucking completed my 3rd character raid like 10 minutes ago, godFUCKING... FUCk!!!

You must not have used it extensively before the patch, right?

Pocket Infinity used to work like this:

Long charge, blast,blast blast, Long charge, blast blast blast, Long charge, blast blast blast

The second blast of each 3 did slightly less damage than the first, the third slightly less than that, and so on (you could get up to 5 or even 6 with the auto-return).

Now it works like this:

Long charge, blast blast blast, quick charge, blast blast blast, quick charge, blast blast blast

Which at first seems like it's amazing and overpowered. However, the subsequent blasts after the third are calculating as though they were the fourth, fith, sixth, and so on- eventually doing so little damage as to not be able to even kill someone in the Crucible. It resets when you die (you start with a "long charge" again).

Sad :<

Looks like they fixed this just for you Hawk.

Bungie said:
Pocket Infinity
Rolled back changes induced by a previous Exotic weapon update
Charge up and deactivation now work as originally designed
Players may again encounter a previously known issue which prevents charge up

k1t4j

Quote yourself in.

2.ambitious
3.computermkII
4.zalwake
5.pansargryning

Still have a spot? 31 Hunter

Kitaj84

Top Bottom