• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

They NEED to patch in Salvage.

Bungie says "CUCO we don't care if you ever get the platinum"

I can see the anxiety is killing you.

D5Og0lX.gif

Man i hope! That is my least liked eris bounty. Takes forever waiting on 3 rounds of the sword bearer with all 3 alts :/ Someone please confirm for those of us stuck at work!

At the very least, the 15 kills will be easier. I remember completing that bounty on that first mission.

- Disappointing number of different perks on weapons and difficulty obtaining a gun that has perks that you want

I am almost exclusively a handcannon man. That means that any primary weapon drop that isn't a handcannon is useless. According to Bungie.net I have around 16 days played and do you know how many legendary handcannon drops I've had in that time?

2, of which only 1 had perks that I wanted.

That is fucking terrible and is mostly because of the awful RNG in this game, but I won't get in to that as it has been discussed to death and Bungie seems to be mostly fine with it, given how little they have done to it.The best way to fix this is to let players reforge any legendary weapon similarly to the Iron Banner weapons. I don't even care if they give it a ludicrous price as long as I can do it. Another way would be to let the weapons sold by Tower vendors randomize their perks every weekly reset.

There is also a number of extremely useless perks as well as big imbalances in the perks on the second 3-choice in the upgrade tree. Lets say you get a weapon that has the choice of these perks:

-Quickdraw
-Single-point Sling
-Perfect Balance

99% of the time, you are going to pick Perfect Balance as that is probably one of the best perks to have and the other 2 are nigh useless. They should buff many of the perks similar to the 2 I mentioned to make them a viable choice over almost any stat-increasing perk.​

quickdraw is a PvP perk and is best used on heavy and special weapons. i've died a lot because my rocket launcher wasn't able to fire quickly enough as i sprint jumped into a room.

i definitely think reforge needs to be extended to other weapons though, or there needs to be a way to customize a weapon to your liking.

noomi

Look at those raid weapons, all grown up now!

So I had my Hunger of Crota almost maxed (was missing last 3 upgrades) and it put me at 294 attack power.... If they are now supposed to start at 302.... my god.... awesomeness!

*edit*

Just check on bungie.net 312 AP now, and raid weapons start at 300 not 302...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Going to ask again, because thread was moving pretty fast earlier.

What kind of team is needed to pull a level 25 through Vault of Glass on normal? Was going to run tonight (I'm level 28), but my friend didn't hit 26 as we anticipated last night.
I'm late here, but the only answer to this is "an experienced one."

With a group of five 27s that all knew exactly what they were doing, you could get a 25 through without breaking a sweat. With a group of 30s that had no clue, there'd be no chance whatsoever.
29s or higher. You both are going to die a lot.
What? No. 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 will really be practically identical in the Normal VoG :p
Thanks. Might hold off for awhile then. :/
Eh! again, really all hinges on the experience of the group.

Jinjo

Damn straight.

Still pissed they patched that in 9 hours after the reset, fucking Bungie pls, you're breaking my nuts, especially after the drops I got from Scrota this week.

Old drops are updated too, so what are you pissed about?

Edit: oh wait, the helmet. Well, not like you'll have enough radiant to upgrade anyway lol.

So I'm still on my road to 31 (Only have one character for now, just started a baby Titan).

VoG Raid Helmet
Ruin Wings Gauntlets
Vanguard Chest Armour
CE Raid Boots

Nothing will match...lol

E92 M3

So I had my Hunger of Crota almost maxed (was missing last 3 upgrades) and it put me at 294 attack power.... If they are now supposed to start at 302.... my god.... awesomeness!

I've always wondered if they had Chinese buffets in the Hellmouth. Maybe if they did, Crota wouldn't be so hungry and looking to take over Earth.

Trakan

We just downed Crota and only the guy that hadn't done it before got a weapon. The other 5 only got shards. I think you only get the weapon one time guaranteed.

That's really lame. It took something like 60 Atheon drops between normal/hard running it consistently each week on 3 characters to get an epilogue to drop. It finally did a couple of weeks ago. I feel like the same thing is going to happen with the black hammer.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Looks like they fixed this just for you Hawk.
Wha!~A wild patch appears!

Pocket Infinity
Rolled back changes induced by a previous Exotic weapon update
Charge up and deactivation now work as originally designed
Yes yes yes yes! First thing I'm doing is a few Roc strikes with my m I have a fresh bounty to complete to get a 2.0 version too.

Players may again encounter a previously known issue which prevents charge up
Figures as much. :p Pocket Infinity users, when you encounter this, hit your inventory and swap another special weapon in and out. Ammo loss blows, but it resolves the issue typically for quite a while.

Atkison04

At the very least, the 15 kills will be easier. I remember completing that bounty on that first mission.

True enough! Now that i think about it I'm pretty sure that after that first mission i had credit for killing 1 of the 3 sword bearers as well. That will help a frigging ton for doing those bounties!

Whoa...Would have been good to know last week. I messed around trying to get armor so I could start leveling it thinking that I would have plenty of shots at weapons since everyone was getting one per run. I would have don't Crota with my alts if I had known.

Yeah, as Deku said, I think you will still get a weapon if it's your first kill. My hunter never got the loot last week and she got the black hammer.

Crazy... Well if you don't get a weapon do you at least get more radiant mats?

People who only got shards/energy all got 3 of them, afaik.

Do you still need one?

Sorry dude, we finished a little while ago. We bum rushed the last couple raids in ~35 minutes each, even when not skipping Death Singer. Looks like you got a group going anyway. You know I'll be around to jump in and help if needed. Good luck!

Top Bottom