• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Zakalwe

Banned
As much as I've enjoyed it this past week, I like the Crota fight less every time I play it. If you can throw 3 total GHorn rockets plus sniping at his shield every time the fight is a total joke.

I hope hard mode has something interesting to add. The shine is wearing off a little.

Does only Crota give the helmet? Cause I did Crota on all my characters and the first and bridge section on Warlock. Maybe I could get the helmet on Titan and Hunter for the first two parts.

skip

I can't imagine the nightfall could ever be considered easier to solo.... if you die you're done. The weekly heroic gives you checkpoints! Cheeeeckpoints!

the only Nightfall I can "comfortably" solo is Sepkis Prime, thanks to the Coward's Shed at the end, Icebreaker, patience and time, and Patience and Time.

but as far as "easier" than weekly heroic, you are correct. checkpoints are rad.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
As much as I've enjoyed it this past week, I like the Crota fight less every time I play it. If you can throw 3 total GHorn rockets plus sniping at his shield every time the fight is a total joke.

I think the entire raid itself is a step down from VoG.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
need 132 to get to lvl 31.
yep yep. I'm putting together a quick post-30 leveling guide. there was an AWESOME light/gear calculator I saw here the other day, and now I can't find it for the life of me, does anyone have any idea? wherrre is it
i've got maxed obsidian mind
plus raid boots with 1st bubble
and maxed van/cruc gear

= 135. Yup- that extra three light means you'd actually still be at 31 with one VoG piece maxed.

Or, if you max the raid piece, you could literally have the final piece be a maxed welfare tier Queen's Wrath legendary and still hit 31. wild.

hanging on.

Might have been this one:

"The nightmares will crawl across this world and the machines of old will rest silent as they witness the final Light of this seemingly eternal dusk."
Ikora: And this Omnigul is here? On Earth?

Eris: I can feel it.

Ikora: Why?

Eris: She’s left the Hellmouth. Her inner chambers are active. More so than I have seen. But she is no longer in the shadows.

Ikora: No, not—I don't question your belief. I’m asking why she is here. Why Earth? Please, try to be clear. There is no time for cryptic half-answers and almost-truths.

Eris: Heh.

Ikora: She still laughs.

Eris: It seems I have become more like the Speaker—

Ikora: Secrets have their places. Here, now, is not that place. Omnigul. Tell me what you’ve learned. Tell me how we stop her.

Eris: There may be no stopping what comes. The Hive in Old Russia—in that dead land—their assault on the Cosmodrome is no coincidence. They move against the Light with purpose. Always with purpose.

Ikora: The Warmind?

Eris: Rasputin. Yes. The last fail safe against the night.

Ikora: He’s still yet to heed our calls—

Eris: I’m aware.

Ikora: —but seems just.

Eris: Just is enough. Just can save us all.

Ikora: And the Hive?

Eris: They will tear into its eyes—or worse.

Ikora: Worse?

Eris: The dust and bone and horror of their existence is simply who—what they are. But it does not negate their ageless intelligence.

Ikora: They do not seek to destroy Rasputin.

Eris: I don’t know. Destroying Rasputin would cost us a treasure beyond belief. But, such fury twisted to the Hive’s ends?

Ikora: We would fall.

Eris: All would fall.

Ikora: The Omnigul is here for Rasputin.

Eris: She is here to pave the way.

Ikora: For Crota?

Eris: That could just be the beginning. He's not their only god.

Ikora: As I am learning. I will make the others listen.

Eris: It may be too late.

Ikora: Then you need a new army.

Eris: I’ve made that mistake before.

Ikora: You saved us all. Your sacrifice—

Eris: I am still here. My sacrifice was—

Ikora: Enough.

Eris: And I should ask new heroes to fall... as they did?

Ikora: It is why we were reborn in the Light.

Eris: My Light is all but gone.

Ikora: Cherish what remains, but know that you have done enough. Your time in the shadows... I can't fathom—

Eris: My role among the Hidden is an honor.

Ikora: None would argue. But it's had its cost. Your place is to gather the understanding we need to wage these wars, but your own war is long done. Let those prepared to fight, fight.

Eris: And should they die?

Ikora: None who walk these Towers is afraid—and Rasputin must not fall.

Eris: Then Omnigul must be stopped.

Ikora: Two goals that appear to be one and the same.

Eris: Perhaps. So I am to stay?

Ikora: I will see to it.

Eris: Then let us hope we are strong enough to stand against what is upon us—and hope the others do not follow.

Daemul

I got Three Little Words pulse rifle from a Crucible package. Pretty good perk roll, full auto and speed reload. Anyone use this?

Can you abuse the excessive aim assist in Destiny? Can you take advantage of a Pulse Rifles 1.5 precisions damage multiplier? If so, use it, if not, then give to to me please. ;_;

I've been grinding crucible marks to buy it, and I'm still 40 marks off. Playing with such shitty players is PvP is killing me though, games are not fun at all.

I hope hard mode has something interesting to add. The shine is wearing off a little.

Yeah, it really is sadly. Still fun, but man.... I miss VoG. Another raid with at least as much content and quality would have justified the entire cost of the expansion for me but that's not what we got. Oh well, we can only hold out hope for hard mode I guess.

I think the entire raid itself is a step down from VoG.

Yeah, completely agree. VoG had this wonderful buildup of introducing then combining mechanics all culminating in the Atheon fight. CE has... a sword? It was kinda dark for a while but it didn't matter.... ummm... it's harder to heal ... ehhh.. errr... ahhh.

Is Black Hammer really that good? I got it today and haven't even looked at it yet.

PSA about Black Hammer from a few people's experiences: Apparently the "bonus Hive majors damage" perk is bugged and breaks the auto-reload with 3 precision shots perk. The bonus damage is white/non-precision damage so it kills the streak.

Kensuke

The way Bungie patches this stuff is so stupid. Already completed the raid with 2 characters. Now I'll have to wait until next week for those characters to get the helmet...

blackflag

PSA about Black Hammer from a few people's experiences: Apparently the "bonus Hive majors damage" perk is bugged and breaks the auto-reload with 3 precision shots perk. The bonus damage is white/non-precision damage so it kills the streak.

Cool, yeah Yze was mentioning that. I'm going to leave it off for now. Sucks I couldn't hear you this morning.

Daemul

LOL! Every CE group I've been in today has just done up the the 2nd chest and then abandoned the raid to go and do something else, doing the rest of it doesn't seem to be worth it to people.

Hoodbury

Yeah, it really is sadly. Still fun, but man.... I miss VoG. Another raid with at least as much content and quality would have justified the entire cost of the expansion for me but that's not what we got. Oh well, we can only hold out hope for hard mode I guess.

Yeah, completely agree. VoG had this wonderful buildup of introducing then combining mechanics all culminating in the Atheon fight. CE has... a sword? It was kinda dark for a while but it didn't matter.... ummm... it's harder to heal ... ehhh.. errr... ahhh.

Could your impression also be because you went through it ~16 times in one week? Most of us just go through it once a week if that.

I have come to terms with the fact that I will never get gallababy or any nice exotics from nightfall or chests.

RNGesus can suck my balls.

Rant over.

Anyone up for doing nightfall / weekly today, you will probably get an exotic and I will of course get a purple :-D lol.

Let me know;

PSN: MandrakeUK

LordofPwn

yep yep. I'm putting together a quick post-30 leveling guide. there was an AWESOME light/gear calculator I saw here the other day, and now I can't find it for the life of me, does anyone have any idea? wherrre is it

= 135. Yup- that extra three light means you'd actually still be at 31 with one VoG piece maxed.

Or, if you max the raid piece, you could literally have the final piece be a maxed welfare tier Queen's Wrath legendary and still hit 31. wild.
or max the raid boots and pick up fresh new raid chest and gloves. RNGesus please!
Might have been this one:
what's that card's name? thanks btw!

Not like this!

Please lord RNGesus, please do not let this thread be reduced to this again. Lawd have mercy.

It honestly makes the most sense to pass CPs around. Can avoid that wizard section all together. Bungie should just add a drop to that part, which would help with the mat grind we're all going to face getting to 32.

nowai

It honestly makes the most sense to pass CPs around. Can avoid that wizard section all together. Bungie should just add a drop to that part, which would help with the mat grind we're all going to face getting to 32.

What they should do is put a loot drop after Deathsinger and put us all on a non-dairy diet.

what's that card's name?

Ghost Fragment: Hive 3

I did just go on a dead ghost search of the dlc ones, but I didn't log off immediately after so it was weird that it popped up after I logged in again.

Glad it made me go read it though. Gave more insight into Eris than the game has so far.

gunawi

I have come to terms with the fact that I will never get gallababy or any nice exotics from nightfall or chests.

Rant over.

Anyone up for doing nightfall / weekly today, you will probably get an exotic and I will of course get a purple :-D lol.

Let me know;

I'll join you. No mic though. Still charging

Rant over.

Let me know;

I said the same thing last week! Then I got Ghally from the 1st CE chest and a lot of great raid armour, weapons, etc. this week.

gdt

Oh man I already did the 1st section on my hunter solo. Oh well. Still got lots more chances haha.

I feel ashamed that I did this btw. RNGeesus punished me and didn't give me my hunter boots. Hopefully now that I apologized he'll reward me.

currently looking for people to tackle the last part of the thorn exotic weapon quest on PS4
tried doing it on my own but failed hard
just add me on ps4: tha__jay (with 2 underscores)

LTWood12

Got Gjallarhorn from a legendary engram Wednesday. Got another from the first raid chest today. Everything is coming up Gjallarhorn!

I thought we were doing a full clear, but transferring Crota checkpoints. After beating Crota 2 more times, we play Maze and Bridge up to second chest. That way we get 3 full clears while skipping Ir Yut twice. The Maze and Bridge portions are quick, no reason not to grab that sweet raid loot.

I love that plan. :)

Top Bottom