• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
30 -> 31 -> 32 +7 shards -> 33 +7 shards -> 34 +7 shards -> 36
Excellent, so 7 shards per piece to make it 33 light.
So raid gear gets to 32 light before the final 3 upgrades. Aw yiss.
Really opens up the options with a 36 light exotic too!

Added a replayable node to the Director for the ‘Fist of Crota' mission
Aha! Was hoping that was just a bug. neat. guaranteed blade of crota spawn in there right?

Qwell

What do people mean when they say they did 5 crota runs? I understand 3 for alts, but do you get loot everytime?
I know a few people that are running it multiple times with friends to help and learn the fights better. Crota is pretty tough to get the timing down so those extra runs are probably just polishing that part up.

so which is harder to solo this week - nightfall or weekly?

gonna do the daily, get my bounties out of the way, then weekly and nightfall. up for a CE raid after that

Meckaj

Neo Member
quickdraw is a PvP perk and is best used on heavy and special weapons. i've died a lot because my rocket launcher wasn't able to fire quickly enough as i sprint jumped into a room.

Yeah I can see it being useful in some cases. I used Single-Point Sling on the vendor bought Devil You Know as well since it didn't really need either of the other 2 upgrades and it did save me a bunch of times.

I'd still say a lot of the perks like Quickdraw are a lot weaker perks compared to say Javelin or Heavy Payload as those are useful 100% of the time and a lot of the other perks are very situational.

On special weapons I'd say it's even more lopsided. Like in Fusion Rifles Accelerated Coils vs Quickdraw.

2 Crota Raids Done
2 Weekly Done
1 Nightfall Done

Need to do 3 of everything but I'm about to head back to the gym.

Notable loot from today: Exotic Hunter Legs, Hard Light, Black Hammer (I have all the raid armor for Hunter but I want better stats in int and dis)

As much as I've enjoyed it this past week, I like the Crota fight less every time I play it. If you can throw 3 total GHorn rockets plus sniping at his shield every time the fight is a total joke.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

gonna do the daily, get my bounties out of the way, then weekly and nightfall. up for a CE raid after that
I can't imagine the nightfall could ever be considered easier to solo.... if you die you're done. The weekly heroic gives you checkpoints! Cheeeeckpoints!
This thread is hauling ass right now
No kidding.

We are on pace to pass the 3/4 mark before the second Xur visit. Depending on how that visit goes, this thread could wind up catching up to or surpassing the speed of OT11.

ocean

Banned

Weekly is only Heroic and Arc Burn. Nightfall is Epic (more shields) and Lightswitch on top of the burn so it might be a little trickier. Your only true threat are the witches while Ghost opens the door though.

Ji66a-Man

From bungie.net

1.1.0.2 : The one that followed Expansion I.

This update corrects some issues that were introduced to Destiny with the release of The Dark Below. We are also continuing to support the Destiny sandbox with changes that were identified prior the launch of Expansion I.

General

Fixed a typo in the German word for 'Radiant Energy'

Weapons

General
Fixed an issue in which some weapon projectiles were improperly penetrating Hive shields
Pocket Infinity
Rolled back changes induced by a previous Exotic weapon update
Charge up and deactivation now work as originally designed
Players may again encounter a previously known issue which prevents charge up

Gear

Both existing and future Raid gear obtained in Crota’s End now begins at Level 30 with an upgrade path to reach Level 32
Raid helmet obtained in Crota's End now drops on Normal Mode and will be a more frequent drop on Hard Mode
Fixed an issue in which Dead Orbit Hunter cloaks awarded reputation gains for both Dead Orbit and Vanguard/Crucible

Activities

Added a replayable node to the Director for the ‘Fist of Crota' mission

Welp, finished 3 CE raids after reset, but before patch so no more chances for helm until next week. orz

Top Bottom