• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

LOL! Every CE group I've been in today has just done up the the 2nd chest and then abandoned the raid to go and do something else, doing the rest of it doesn't seem to be worth it to people.

Honestly, the deathsinger part is a lot for nothing, and if this week was any indication, there will be plenty of Crota only groups running right before the reset.

Makes sense that if you have a group together, knock out 6 chests and 6 checkpoint drops in about an hour or so, then pick up a Crota run here and there during the week.

LTWood12

currently looking for people to tackle the last part of the thorn exotic weapon quest on PS4
tried doing it on my own but failed hard
just add me on ps4: tha__jay (with 2 underscores)

Buddy of mine is looking to do it too. Send him a friend request. T-44. He's on right now.

Deku Tree

What's the best way to farm hunter class materials? The worst thing about starting a new alt is in the beginning you are extremely short on class materials to upgrade your armor.

Could your impression also be because you went through it ~16 times in one week? Most of us just go through it once a week if that.

Haha trust me, I'm a serious raid weirdo. I've probably spent more time in VoG than anyone outside serious streamers and a few even more extreme crazies. So my impressions are absolutely skewed relative to most people who do it 1-3x per week, like you said. But my impressions between VoG and CE are consistent in the sense that I've played both of them waaaay too much and spent a lot of time thinking about the encounter designs.

I'm curious if any other regulars have really high raid clears on their grimoire card...

I officially hate RNGesus. Ran the nightfall with a friend of mine. He gets Ice Breaker. I get 10 strange coins. Do the raid to get the first chest. He gets the Mida Multi-tool. I got shards. So he pulled two exotics in 5 minutes and I got shit on. God damnit.

Mindlog

Yes !!! I can kill crota in 3 swords :-D
I am now in league with blade-dancing hunters
I firmly believe with enough prep time it can be done in one or two without a 32.

The host needs to be the sword bearer. Everyone else goes Titan (preferably with Alpha Lupi) and just starts spamming orbs on Crota's platform. Two rounds of orb spawning should be enough super energy for the sword bearer to Heavy/Super Cancel and kill Crota very quickly. *Just remembered Sunlocks can also spam orbs before the fight starts.

gdt

Haha trust me, I'm a serious raid weirdo. I've probably spent more time in VoG than anyone outside serious streamers and a few even more extreme crazies. So my impressions are absolutely skewed relative to most people who do it 1-3x per week, like you said. But my impressions between VoG and CE are consistent in the sense that I've played both of them waaaay too much and spent a lot of time thinking about the encounter designs.

I'm curious if any other regulars have really high raid clears on their grimoire card...

One of the times I played with you in VoG you made me leader so we could leave you behind in the Vault doing God knows what

Hoodbury

I understand that, I just don't want some of us who are still new to it to go in with a false impression that it is a bad raid when the first few times at least it is really a ton of fun and has some pretty fresh encounters of things we've never done in this game yet.

stb

Maybe it's mean, but the schadenfreude associated with this cycle:
  • weekly reset
  • grind 3 characters through NF/raid
  • patch drops
  • complain that it would have been nice to know the patch changed something that would have made the 3x grind easier/better/more rewarding
... is sort of delicious. This game has repeatedly and consistently punished this sort of racing to get stuff done. I'm not sure what folks are thinking.

It'd be great if Bungie would do this BEFORE the reset, but the definition of insanity and all that.

LordofPwn

Ghost Fragment: Hive 3

I did just go on a dead ghost search of the dlc ones, but I didn't log off immediately after so it was weird that it popped up after I logged in again.

Glad it made me go read it though. Gave more insight into Eris than the game has so far.

were you able to pick up the dead ghost on the tall rock on the wakening mission? I went and picked up 4 of the 5 i needed, but the one on the rock wasn't there for me.

EL CUCO

whats disappointing is the final boss being a giant Knight and being his only form when Bungie said it was only one of his forms.

LOL

Zing.
I honestly thought we were going to fight Crota 2 or 3 times after that comment. With each time Crota becoming bigger and stronger...I should've known better.

I firmly believe with enough prep time it can be done in one or two without a 32.

The host needs to be the sword bearer. Everyone else goes Titan (preferably with Alpha Lupi) and just starts spamming orbs on Crota's platform. Two rounds of orb spawning should be enough super energy for the sword bearer to Heavy/Super Cancel and kill Crota very quickly.

Yeah two sword kills can be (and already have been) done just with normal shield breaks and non-super combo's. Supposedly one sword kills with a 32 have been done already. I've had him down to ~5% multiple times after 2 swords and I'm always playing a little conservative just to ensure the group gets their kill.

To the teams I shall eventually play Iron Banner with:

Firebase Delphi: IF YOU SPAWN C, IMMEDIATELY RUSH FOR A! WE DON'T WANT C! IGNORE IT AT ALL COSTS EXCEPT ONLY TO NEUTRALIZE IT! DON'T CAPTURE IT UNLESS WE HOLD ONE ZONE AND THE ENEMY TEAM TIES OUR LEAD

Blind Watch: Same goes for A. C is the most important zone. Don't ever make a B push until we're near C.

Shores of Time: We don't want A. Ever. A spawn sucks. Everybody go for C.

Twilight Gap: A and B.

Rusted Lands: A and B. DON'T GO ANYWHERE NEAR C OR THEY'LL SPAWN BEHIND US

Exodus Blue: Fuck, I don't fucking know. Depends on your team.

If we're going to be facing more competitive teams, you have to know when to play passively and when to play aggressively. When you hold 2 zones, there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to play aggressive. If you push into their zone, they will spawn behind you and you can lose.

Yeah, it really is sadly. Still fun, but man.... I miss VoG. Another raid with at least as much content and quality would have justified the entire cost of the expansion for me but that's not what we got. Oh well, we can only hold out hope for hard mode I guess.

You did it so many times in one week of course you'll be burnt out by it.

Zing.
I honestly thought we were going to fight Crota 2 or 3 times after that comment. With each time Crota becoming bigger and stronger...I should've known better.

I'm honestly hoping there are more sections exclusive to hard mode. Which is why they delayed it.

But it would probably be meaning something like "you fight him as a crystal, that defo counts!".

zewone

Someone lie to me and tell me that this gun from nightfall is good.

IzuU0F9.png

It can have max stability, reload and near max range.

Send me a PM if anyone wants to take this lowly lvl 30 on a CE run. XB1. No mic but i'll try using kinext best I can. Havent played the raid yet! None of my friends' schedules are matching up :/

Rubenov

To the teams I shall eventually play Iron Banner with:

Firebase Delphi: IF YOU SPAWN C, IMMEDIATELY RUSH FOR A! WE DON'T WANT C! IGNORE IT AT ALL COSTS EXCEPT ONLY TO NEUTRALIZE IT! DON'T CAPTURE IT UNLESS WE HOLD ONE ZONE AND THE ENEMY TEAM TIES OUR LEAD

Blind Watch: Same goes for A. C is the most important zone. Don't ever make a B push until we're near C.

Shores of Time: We don't want A. Ever. A spawn sucks. Everybody go for C.

Twilight Gap: A and B.

Rusted Lands: A and B. DON'T GO ANYWHERE NEAR C OR THEY'LL SPAWN BEHIND US

Exodus Blue: Fuck, I don't fucking know. Depends on your team.

If we're going to be facing more competitive teams, you have to know when to play passively and when to play aggressively. When you hold 2 zones, there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to play aggressive. If you push into their zone, they will spawn behind you and you can lose.

Amen. Ready when you are. I can only play unit Thursday, as I'm going on vacation Friday.

One of the times I played with you in VoG you made me leader so we could leave you behind in the Vault doing God knows what

haha, yeah I remember that! I was so obsessed with VoG and its mysteries. I was just snooping around every last nook and cranny and didn't want anybody to worry about waiting for me to open chests, etc. Maybe it was a different run, but I think that was the time I shot a Truth from the top of huge fall past the Templar door.... and it hit close enough to a Gorgon to get everyone else killed.

I understand that, I just don't want some of us who are still new to it to go in with a false impression that it is a bad raid when the first few times at least it is really a ton of fun and has some pretty fresh encounters of things we've never done in this game yet.

Yeah, I getcha. I don't want to give that impression, CE has some really high highs. I think there are some fantastic elements to CE and VoG certainly had its problems to be fair. Probably hard to articulate exactly how I feel about it, but I absolutely encourage everyone who enjoys the game to experience CE fully.

Top Bottom