• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Iceman829

Someone lie to me and tell me that this gun from nightfall is good.

IzuU0F9.png

It can have max stability, reload and near max range.

I would trade a gjallarhorn for that amazing piece of weaponry. I can only hope to receive such a great reward from one of my 3 nightfalls this week.

Mattiator

Yeah, as Deku said, I think you will still get a weapon if it's your first kill. My hunter never got the loot last week and she got the black hammer.

People who only got shards/energy all got 3 of them, afaik.

Sorry dude, we finished a little while ago. We bum rushed the last couple raids in ~35 minutes each, even when not skipping Death Singer. Looks like you got a group going anyway. You know I'll be around to jump in and help if needed. Good luck!

Its all good thanks dude your awesome :)

Someone lie to me and tell me that this gun from nightfall is good.

IzuU0F9.png

It can have max stability, reload and near max range.

Pulse rifles with range are rather good for critical hits, I use one with aiming + range perk and would be lost without it.

can't say for sure what stability will do for one, never had the pleasure.

What is that second perk in the middle row? penetration?

Deku and I are looking for 1 person to join us for our weekly back to back weeklies and nightfalls this evening at 9pm EST

We will run Nightfall and Weekly on 3 characters back to back.

Anyone interested?

zewone

Pulse rifles with range are rather good for critical hits, I use one with aiming + range perk and would be lost without it.

can't say for sure what stability will do for one, never had the pleasure.

What is that second perk in the middle row? penetration?

In order, it's increased Range and Accuracy, then increased Reload, followed by increased Stability.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm still very excited about CE ;p
I plan to maintain the basic pace of runs-per-week as I did with VoG, which kept me legitimately looking forward to running it just for the fun of it even up to the release of TDB and into the present day era. I also hope to participate in different runs that allow me to mix up the role I have in the fight frequently. I'm very cognizant of what I can tolerate in terms of burning myself out on things and try to take steps to counteract it- even if this holds me back from progressing quickly.
I understand that, I just don't want some of us who are still new to it to go in with a false impression that it is a bad raid when the first few times at least it is really a ton of fun and has some pretty fresh encounters of things we've never done in this game yet.
It's nowhere close to a bad raid or a poorly designed boss fight; though in the case of the latter Atheon may well be the better of the two and incorporate more interesting mechanics, fed Valve-style to the group throughout the course of the raid very deliberately. They're extraordinarily different fights, which I love, and I feel that each raid is designed top to bottom to provide completely disparate sensations while running them, and each does succeed on its own merits.

I'm still formulating my thoughts on the two of them to type up a little "review" of each now that we know what it's like to have more than one raid in Destiny. But I have to say that ultimately I really feel like it's going to come down to personal preference which one you feel is the better raid, and I'm pretty sure that I am leaning toward preferring CE overall. I definitely want the chance to experience each possible role in the final fight, and take the bridge legitimately (my group used a bit of omega-level cheese to break through it on Sunday). But while it does not contain VoG's strong points, it does include a number of design decisions that I enjoy particularly when contrasted with VoG, and I'm a sucker for how superbly Bladedancers can contribute throughout the entire thing.

Zakalwe

Banned
Could your impression also be because you went through it ~16 times in one week? Most of us just go through it once a week if that.

I don't want to speak for him, but I think he'd tell you he ran the old raid (much) more without this happening so quickly.

Honestly, the new raid was really fun blind. Now the strats are known it just doesn't have the same sense of adventure as VoG.

noomi

Getting nervous about people only reporting shards off of Crota.... I have a raid in about an hour... hope it's not bugged or something.

You did it so many times in one week of course you'll be burnt out by it.

Eh, not an issue of being burnt out. I've spent much more time in VoG some weeks than this past week in CE. It's just about the details of the different encounters and the overall environmental designs. CE feels (and is) small. Like I said, I don't want to come off as down on the whole thing because it's excellent. But VoG was (in parts) brilliant to me, so it's just a relative disappointment.

I don't want to speak for him, but I think he'd tell you he ran the old raid (much) more without this happening so quickly.

Honestly, the new raid was really fun blind. Now the strats are known it just doesn't have the same sense of adventure as VoG.

haha in this case, feel free to speak for me because you are right on point.

Important notes from clearing CE 3 times this morning:

1. Crota can drop exotic weapons both the newly upgraded ones and the new ones from the DLC (they seem to go into your inventory once you go into orbit for some odd reason)

2. My titan didn't get any armour last week and got 2 pieces this week, my Hunter got 1 piece last week and 1 this week, Warlock got 1 last week and 1 this week, seems to even out the loot rolls for armour pretty well

3. My Hunter and Warlock were not able to kill Crota last week, just got to him, and they both got a weapon, my Titan did kill him last week and only got 2 shards :\

4. 2nd chest definitely only gives shards and energy

I am very pumped that my Hunter, Titan and Warlock are 3/4 armour pieces away from 32.

WipedOut

Both NightFall strikes done:

Hunter - 5 Strange Coins
Warlock - 5 Strange Coins

WTF! My nightfall woes continue - IB and Gjallahorn still elude me. :(

CE Raid last night though yielded me this:
Capture1.jpg

And upgrading Rahool gave me a legendary engram that turned into this.
Capture.jpg

Perks - Spray and Play, Snapshot, send it, perfect balance and outlaw.

westtrade

Neo Member
Alright boys, looking to hand Crota his ass on a platter this evening between 6 and 6:30 eastern time. Im looking to hold a spot for my buddy Tyson and hopefully either Graverobberx, DrDrizzay, or Dhruv will be the MC spinning Crotas greatest hits until he hits the floor. I dont have all night, so Im looking for an experienced team to drop that HeavyAnal on Crota and take home the loot.

1. GreenyMac
2. Tyson bane
3. swordsman

Im at my office and will be checking the thread periodically. Please quote so I can keep up with the responses.

Put me down for a spot.
psn: westtrade

R0ckman

Alright boys, looking to hand Crota his ass on a platter this evening between 6 and 6:30 eastern time. Im looking to hold a spot for my buddy Tyson and hopefully either Graverobberx, DrDrizzay, or Dhruv will be the MC spinning Crotas greatest hits until he hits the floor. I dont have all night, so Im looking for an experienced team to drop that HeavyAnal on Crota and take home the loot.

1. GreenyMac
2. Tyson bane
3. swordsman

Im at my office and will be checking the thread periodically. Please quote so I can keep up with the responses.

PS4? arekkusu77, got a fully upgraded Ghorn.

timnich

Anyone think there is any chance Bungie will let us upgrade the VoG legendary weapons? I love using the fatebringer, I'm pretty bummed I'll have to replace it.

Top Bottom