• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Just had a look at the prices for the Iron Banner stuff (specifically, the shaders). Nope. Not gonna bother.

Whenever people do a normal VoG run, they just need to pass that Gorgon checkpoint around and get some GKeeper farming teams going. I'll join on just so I can buy heavy synth.

Stantron

Since I did the new exotic bounty, I've dismantled my old 300 dmg Super Good Advice that still had a missing upgrade node and got two exotic shards.

Just had a look at the prices for the Iron Banner stuff (specifically, the shaders). Nope. Not gonna bother.

I've never bothered with Iron Banner since the first day when I entered a game and was mowed down by a level 9 while I was level 23 within seconds. I can't even fathom what the prices must be.

matmanx1

Oh man, IB bounties are identical to last time? What are they smoking over at Bungie?

Maybe it's mean, but the schadenfreude associated with this cycle:
  • weekly reset
  • grind 3 characters through NF/raid
  • patch drops
  • complain that it would have been nice to know the patch changed something that would have made the 3x grind easier/better/more rewarding
... is sort of delicious. This game has repeatedly and consistently punished this sort of racing to get stuff done. I'm not sure what folks are thinking.

It'd be great if Bungie would do this BEFORE the reset, but the definition of insanity and all that.

Yeah, I learned my lesson with the last IB and Exotic weapon patch. At this point I am just playing for fun and to try out new and interesting weapon and perk combos. Grinding to upgrade gear that will be invalidated or changed in a month or two is just ridiculous.

Someone lie to me and tell me that this gun from nightfall is good.

IzuU0F9.png

It can have max stability, reload and near max range.

It's not bad and could potentially be pretty good depending on your skill with a pulse rifle.

Ganhyun

To the teams I shall eventually play Iron Banner with:

Firebase Delphi: IF YOU SPAWN C, IMMEDIATELY RUSH FOR A! WE DON'T WANT C! IGNORE IT AT ALL COSTS EXCEPT ONLY TO NEUTRALIZE IT! DON'T CAPTURE IT UNLESS WE HOLD ONE ZONE AND THE ENEMY TEAM TIES OUR LEAD

Blind Watch: Same goes for A. C is the most important zone. Don't ever make a B push until we're near C.

Shores of Time: We don't want A. Ever. A spawn sucks. Everybody go for C.

Twilight Gap: A and B.

Rusted Lands: A and B. DON'T GO ANYWHERE NEAR C OR THEY'LL SPAWN BEHIND US

Exodus Blue: Fuck, I don't fucking know. Depends on your team.

If we're going to be facing more competitive teams, you have to know when to play passively and when to play aggressively. When you hold 2 zones, there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to play aggressive. If you push into their zone, they will spawn behind you and you can lose.

Someone who understands how Control works.

the daily cutscene though

8p10n.gif

I didn't do them forever specifically because I didn't want to deal with that stuff. Then I got a legendary engram from doing it when it was DLC-only so I've been doing them again.

Incidentally, I have gotten 0 cool things since that legendary engram.

EDIT: I think I misunderstood the post/reference. My point about hating the cutscenes stands.

R0ckman

So all those exotic weapons in the previews on youtube, such as the Lord of Wolves are on the NEXT DLC? If this is truly the case then this WAS a pretty big ripoff.

Steroyd

Since I did the new exotic bounty, I've dismantled my old 300 dmg Super Good Advice that still had a missing upgrade node and got two exotic shards.

As long as you max xp, it's the same when recieving telemetries from dismantling maxed legendary weapons.

Someone who understands how Control works.

the other thing i forgot to mention is to be a pest.

this means peppering and suppressing the enemy team without actually making a push and engaging them. it keeps them occupied while we flank. this is essential on Shores of Time and Blind Watch

EL CUCO

Bungie couldn't even offer different Iron Banner bounties? Yawnage.

It's bad enough they have the same Game mode, Emblems, Shader, and Vendor level light gear.

I really dont see myself playing much of that, this time around.

Rubenov

Bungie couldn't even offer different Iron Banner bounties? Yawnage.

It's bad enough they have the same Game mode, Emblems, Shader, and Vendor level light gear.

I really dont see myself playing much of that, this time around.

5k bounties easy to get if you have auto rifles and decent machine guns

EL CUCO

5k bounties easy to get if you have auto rifles and decent machine guns

They should've changed them up to make them interesting. Make the grind less...grindful.

Maybe make it pulse rifles or something else. Encourage people to bring out those weapons that nobody really uses. Seems lazy, imo.

Deku Tree

So do the old emblem and class item still give you a buff when you equip them even before you get to the rank needed to buy them again?

Top Bottom