• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

LordofPwn

Can you explain what you mean by tied to his HP?

the hive ship spawns come in after you do a certain amounts of damage to Phogoth. It used to be that you could just kill adds until Xyor showed up, never had to really deal with phogoth at all. now you have to do damage to him and kill adds.

noomi

Heading home shortly, will be sending out party invites a bit before we start. Time is of the essence for a few of us, so please try to be on time. Some plan on doing a 2nd run right after, you are more than welcome to stick around :)

3:30PM EST - Crotas End - Fresh Start

1. noomi85 - hunter -31
2. messiek - warlock - 31
3. Ganryu_GDM - warlock - 31
4. a_javierp - titan - 31
5. Macello - titan - 31
6. noisepurge - hunter - 30

Alts:

1. optictruth - titan - 31
2. GlamFM - titan - 31

the hive ship spawns come in after you do a certain amounts of damage to Phogoth. It used to be that you could just kill adds until Xyor showed up, never had to really deal with phogoth at all. now you have to do damage to him and kill adds.

I did that bounty maybe three weeks ago or so, and it was like that then. In the middle of doing it again, so thought I would ask. Thanks!

after learning the hard way that sharding fully upgraded vanilla IB armor gives you NO shards.

Knowing this, I won't bother buying any armor. The only thing that interests me is that Sniper Rifle.

*do not dismantle Pocket Infinity, it serves multiple purposes:
1) Kill 2 enemies with a Fusion Riffle Blast 25 times = 5k rep Bounty
2) Eris mission, kill 3 enemies rapidly with Special weapon. You have awoken the Hive!!! done
4) Multikill Medal Bounty in the Crucible

zewone

Didn't they just break it bad? It looks like they rolled back all the good changes to it they made two weeks ago including the magazine increase.
Well for PVP you would want to use stability over magazine size. It works a lot better. The current version is a lot better than the broken one with quick charge because of the damage difference.

Didn't they just break it bad? It looks like they rolled back all the good changes to it they made two weeks ago including the magazine increase.

pbLhTJW.gif

Axoman

Well for PVP you would want to use stability over magazine size. It works a lot better. The current version is a lot better than the broken one with quick charge because of the damage difference.

So the loss of damage on consecutive shots with pocket infinity is fixed now?

LordofPwn

I did that bounty maybe three weeks ago or so, and it was like that then. In the middle of doing it again, so thought I would ask. Thanks!

See i did it in the first couple weeks after launch and it wasn't an issue, had to learn on my own last week that they fixed it which was not fun. took 2 hours solo... was not happy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawkian how'd the rest of the raid go last night?
Much in the way of bashing head against wall, but with Boguester's help we did break through it at around 4:15AM my time. I did not go to sleep in the traditional sense.

I learned an enormous amount watching him with the sword and I'm really really really really hoping to be able to get my Hunter to 31 by our run tomorrow and give it a whack. If not, we'll have plenty of tips for you to try out, and I think Jay is chomping at the bit to do some slicing as well.
No, they fixed it. They didn't make any good changes two weeks ago. They made it useless.
Correct.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
i never play pvp (and yes it does destroy there with the 3 mag stability) and I've been using PI for special weapon bounties and Crota part 1. At close range the larger magazine is important.

i know, I know.

looks like it

Meckaj

Neo Member
Haven't seen these before. Don't seem that good to me though, but guess they might be fun if you don't want to use any other exotic.

IHo0MVM.jpg

Greenymac

Alright boys, looking to hand Crota his ass on a platter this evening between 6 and 6:30 eastern time. Im looking to hold a spot for my buddy Tyson and hopefully either Graverobberx, DrDrizzay, or Dhruv will be the MC spinning Crotas greatest hits until he hits the floor. I dont have all night, so Im looking for an experienced team to drop that HeavyAnal on Crota and take home the loot.

1. GreenyMac
2. Tyson bane
3. swordsman
4. arekkusu77

Im at my office and will be checking the thread periodically. Please quote so I can keep up with the responses.

Quoting for more replies...Still looking for a few for Crotas end about 6-6:30 eastern....

ocean

Banned
Heading home shortly, will be sending out party invites a bit before we start. Time is of the essence for a few of us, so please try to be on time. Some plan on doing a 2nd run right after, you are more than welcome to stick around :)

3:30PM EST - Crotas End - Fresh Start

1. noomi85 - hunter -31
2. messiek - warlock - 31
3. Ganryu_GDM - warlock - 31
4. a_javierp - titan - 31
5. Macello - titan - 31
6. noisepurge - hunter - 30

Alts:

1. optictruth - titan - 31
2. GlamFM - titan - 31
I'd be down for a second run on my 30 alt. We can skip Deathsinger on the second run too by using checkpoints (Full run until Crota, pause to give an alt a Crota checkpoint then kill Crota on Mains. We all switch to alts, kill Crota, then run fresh until second chest. 2 full runs, only 1 Hive's Got Talent audition).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i never play pvp (and yes it does destroy there with the 3 May stability) and I've been using PI for special weapon bounties and Crota. At close range the larger magazine is important.

i know, I know.

looks like it
There is, intentionally, damage falloff with each consecutive blast while the trigger is held. The more shots you need to use the less value you get from the ammo you're feeding it. In both PvP and PvE Perfect Balance has always been where the money is. Treat it like a Fusion Pulse Rifle and make your shots count.

ocean

Banned
There is, intentionally, damage falloff with each consecutive blast while the trigger is held. The more shots you need to use the less value you get from the ammo you're feeding it. In both PvP and PvE Perfect Balance has always been where the money is. Treat it like a Fusion Pulse Rifle and make your shots count.

I've got this bounty and it's asking me to get 200 Fusion Rifle kills on a Nightfall. That sounds like it can take a while :p Worth it?

Dave_6

Went home for lunch and had enough time to get my Hunter and solo the first chest. On my ~10th attempt it finally appeared and I got the Hunter cloak and two shards. Kinda funny when I've been after the VoG one for weeks and it still hasn't dropped.

Deku Tree

I got the CE raid hunter cloak both yesterday and again today from the first chest in the raid and I even had it equipped. Still no exotics from the raid for me.

Jrmint

Much in the way of bashing head against wall, but with Boguester's help we did break through it at around 4:15AM my time. I did not go to sleep in the traditional sense.

I learned an enormous amount watching him with the sword and I'm really really really really hoping to be able to get my Hunter to 31 by our run tomorrow and give it a whack. If not, we'll have plenty of tips for you to try out, and I think Jay is chomping at the bit to do some slicing as well.

No, they fixed it. They didn't make any good changes two weeks ago. They made it useless.

Correct.
Awesome congrats.

matmanx1

If I may, is it so totally ridiculous to believe that this is the only reason anyone should ever play any game? :-[

Well, we'd like to think so Hawkian but let's be honest. We're achievers here. Heck, we are the definition of over achievers. We like progress, we like climbing the mountain and we like "being the best" as it were. Fun is fun but the drive to be the highest level kid on the block with the best toys first cannot be understated.

After being an MMO guy for years I pretty much got off of that crazy train but I will be honest and say the bug bit me a little bit once I started playing Destiny. Right before the new expansion I realized what I was doing and had to bring myself down a notch. I still want the new shiny's and I still want to improve my character but I am not going to stress myself overly to get there. At this point, I just want to enjoy the ride.

Get Phogoth down to about 25% or the third ship won't show up.

Yeah, a lot of the guides online omit this fact (or it was patched in later and the guides never updated). I probably spent an hour or two shooting at adds just during Phogoth's section solo (and wiping once) before I found out that info. Then literally few days later the TDB drops and I had an out of date Thorn. Thank god Xur was offering the upgrade out of the gate or I would have raged. Mot annoying activity I've had to do in this game easily.

Top Bottom