• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

KeRaSh

You have all those at 36 light max already? In any case there is only one answer to your question. It's not even a question IMO

Haha, no. Only Sunbreakers and LBN are 36 and maxed while Claws of Ahamkara and Starfire Protocol are 36 and not maxed. Heart of Praxic Fire is the old version, but It's only a matter of time before Xur has them upgradeable.

Starfire Protocol is just too fuckin' good looking to pass up on.

The only Warlock exotic I want.

It looks good and the extra fusion grenade frees up an ability slot but I'm a huge fan of the solar grenades. If this added any second grenade then it wouldn't even be a question...

By the way: Do Eris' class items make you earn her rep ir does it still give Vanguard rep?

zewone

spoils from nightfall

czNDfgk.jpg

LOL bungie pls

Does it at least have field scout?

Pretty good haul for me today.
Got Starfire Protocol and Mida Multi Tool from Nightfalls and two pairs of gloves and a pair of boots from Crota's End.

I'm at the point where I no longer know which exotic to wear on my main Warlock...

Starfire Protocol?
Heart of Praxic Fire?
Claws of Ahamkara?
Sunbreakers?

My second Warlock is using Light Beyond Nemesis and I still have Vodfang Vestments rotting in my vault.

I'd gladly trade a few of these for a Gjallarhorn or Dragon's Breath, though.
Since I've maxed my upgraded Ice Breaker I could shove bounty exp into another exotic weapon.
shit you hit the mother load

I've got this bounty and it's asking me to get 200 Fusion Rifle kills on a Nightfall. That sounds like it can take a while :p Worth it?

40 mins or so.

Start a nightfall and then head away from the area and find another "story instance" from the single player missions. Once you get into an area, the spawns will be level 30 and will count as kills for a nightfall. Play through the "mission" and then head to orbit and repeat until you're done. The plus is that, if you die, you respawn because you aren't in the Nightfall instance.

I assume they'll patch it at some point so take advantage now.

ok, for 6:30 Crotas End so far Ive got....

1. GreenyMac
2. Tysonbane
3. Arekkusu77
4. Mindlog
5. EroticSushi
6. Hopefully a decent swordbearer...

TysonBane may or may not be in at this point, just waiting to hear back from him on skype.

3 Gjallahorns in this group...Spitting hot fire.

Bring some heavy synth and I'll bring the pain. Let's do it.

Can someone confirm Crota only drops shards and energy? No weapons? No emblem?

He still drops all the same stuff as last week, it just isn't "guaranteed" to get a weapon unless you didn't get a clear on that character last week. It is possible to only get 2-3 shards or energies. You can also get exotic weapons though, and they added the helmet to normal mode.

Deku Tree

Can someone confirm Crota only drops shards and energy? No weapons? No emblem?

It's random. Seems like the first drop from Crota is a guaranteed weapon and emblem. After your first kill with that character it's all RNG.

Edit Bungie has said there is some sort of counter and after a certain number of boring RNG drops you are somehow guaranteed to get a fun drop. Who know exactly how that works though.

Shito

Been trying to solo CE first chest for like 20 minutes now, and no luck.
Are we sure it hasn't been fixed?
Did someone manage to get it to spawn since the last patch?

Greenymac

Ok 6:30 Raid Group is set!

1. GreenyMac
2. TysonBane -awaiting confirmation
3. arekkusu77
4. Mindlog
5. EroticSushi
6. DrDrizzay -master swordsman

Xplicitone coming for the save if Tyson/anyone cant make it or has to cancel...Thanks guys.

It's random. Seems like the first drop from Crota is a guaranteed weapon and emblem. After your first kill with that character it's all RNG.

Edit Bungie has said there is some sort of counter and after a certain number of boring RNG drops you are somehow guaranteed to get a fun drop. Who know exactly how that works though.

Thanks. I didn't manage to get him last week, so I have something to look forward to.

Shito

Ok, so, as far as I'm concerned, and until someone proves me otherwise, I consider the CE solo chest exploit to be fixed.
:/

I will be off during the Holidays, so my level 31 Lock will be available to raid with you.

hohohoho Holidays brings more freetime, more hours... for destiny

Deku Tree

Been trying to solo CE first chest for like 20 minutes now, and no luck.
Are we sure it hasn't been fixed?
Did someone manage to get it to spawn since the last patch?

Ok, so, as far as I'm concerned, and until someone proves me otherwise, I consider the CE solo chest exploit to be fixed.

So you are suggesting that the chest just doesn't spawn in the first door anymore? You could just be really unlucky. Did you try going to the second door?

Has anyone gotten the first chest from the first door since the patch?

I did that early this morning on all of my alts no problem.

matmanx1

Bwahaha I just got 10 kills and 5 assists in IB over Remote Play using Thorn. The highlight was 2 shotting a guy trying to snipe me on Shores of Time. He died on the last tick of the DoT on the 2nd shot. It was delicious.

GlamFM

Banned
Nightfall, need one more. GlamFM.

So you are suggesting that the chest just doesn't spawn in the first door anymore? You could just be really unlucky. Did you try going to the second door?

Has anyone gotten the first chest from the first door since the patch?

I did that early this morning on all of my alts no problem.

I have. 10 mins ago.

EL CUCO

How many doors are in that first part that it can be at? Maybe they reduced the chances of it spawning in the very first door.

Top Bottom