• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Deku and I are looking for 1 person to join us for our weekly back to back weeklies and nightfalls this evening at 9pm EST

We will run Nightfall and Weekly on 3 characters back to back.

Anyone interested?

I was just spawn killed twice in a row by a shotgun user, seriously why was the game spawning me in front of the enemy with a shotgun???

stupid ass methods of spawning.

Iron banner matches this evening have all had more lag then usual, one guy I went aganist was more or less invincible to shotguns and beatdowns.

Who cares, it's a legendary O_O

you could roll a defender build with that AND gjallarhorn and ruin wings and Iron Harvest

galactus tier
I have no horn so my build will be
Bad Juju (Infinite supers and shoot through thrall on raids)
Black Hammer (Infinite Crits)
Hunger of Crota/Corrective measure (Tracking RL/Infinite Bullets)

ruin wings

edit- oh gosh people suggesting super good advice for ruin wings that sounds like... super.. good.. advice... >v>

Ok, so, as far as I'm concerned, and until someone proves me otherwise, I consider the CE solo chest exploit to be fixed.
:/

Literally just got a brand new suros out of it after the patch installed.

Edit: just remembered that this specific chest was actually the second door. Another of my characters found it at door one, though.

Well I finished my Incentive bounty and it just seems so useless, I don't see the point of an exotic shotgun. In PvE they aren't any good. In PvP, a shotgun is going to OHK regardless of its rarity.

LTWood12

My good friend T-44 is on PS4 right now attempting to kill xyor. if anyone could find it in their heart to help him, I'd appreciate it. He's a 30 hunter and at the end of the fight.

zewone

I'm around that yeah.
Been really lucky last week it seems, my maximum number of tries for a character was 3. ^^

Get a friend to look for it in their game too, and whoever finds it first can send an invite.

If you have multiple characters, you can both takes turns switching so the chest stays there.

My friend and I did all 3 of our characters in about 5 minutes with this method.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've got this bounty and it's asking me to get 200 Fusion Rifle kills on a Nightfall. That sounds like it can take a while :p Worth it?
Yes, it's one of the best weapons in the game
Well, we'd like to think so Hawkian but let's be honest. We're achievers here. Heck, we are the definition of over achievers. We like progress, we like climbing the mountain and we like "being the best" as it were. Fun is fun but the drive to be the highest level kid on the block with the best toys first cannot be understated.
I just can't relate. I try, but it never comes. If I'm deciding to choose "play a videogame" as the thing I'm doing with my time, for any given chunk of time, all I care about is that it's fun. The activity I've chosen to participate in hinges solely on the relative factor of its enjoyment for me on a personal level- if I'm not having fun, I'm not really the type to "give things a chance" and keep playing for another 10, 20, 50 hours to see if it gets good. I just quit. The concept that "fun is fun but" anything is foreign to me. It's not that I disagree with you to any extent, I just wish I knew what it felt like to experience it, because I've seen people rage SO HARD about things that couldn't even begin to get a rise out of me- sometimes literally going so far as to admit they aren't having fun, but will continue to do whatever they've been doing anyway, until x arbitrary event that may change their experience but probably won't.
After being an MMO guy for years I pretty much got off of that crazy train but I will be honest and say the bug bit me a little bit once I started playing Destiny. Right before the new expansion I realized what I was doing and had to bring myself down a notch. I still want the new shiny's and I still want to improve my character but I am not going to stress myself overly to get there. At this point, I just want to enjoy the ride.
You're 1000x better off.
I'll try it but I'm not gonna like it.
Hahaha, do give it a chance. I love the gun soooo much.
Awesome congrats.
We all felt bad for you and wins, I'm sorry we just couldn't get it done. I'd have given anything to break through those last couple barriers in time. But we're going to be tearing through this shit within a couple weeks, mark my words!

How many doors are in that first part that it can be at? Maybe they reduced the chances of it spawning in the very first door.
There's actually a buttload of doors that the chest can actually spawn at. One of my friends had to wipe about 20 times before it spawned in one of the first two doors.

Also check the doors even if there is no light on it! I found a chest in one of the doors and the orange light was not on it. I see a lot of people not even bothering to open the door if they see that the light isn't on it.

Here's a neat guide for the lamp phase. Also shows all the doors for the chest.

rvz7AJt.png

raindoc

Tried out my maxed IB 2.0 and Black Hammer in the PS4 exclusive strike.
Playing with a level 30 character IB did 2940 precision damage in the boss fight, Black Hammer 3035.

Well I finished my Incentive bounty and it just seems so useless, I don't see the point of an exotic shotgun. In PvE they aren't any good. In PvP, a shotgun is going to OHK regardless of its rarity.

I really wish shotguns were more useful in PvE. I can't think of any situation in PvE off hand that wouldn't be better suited to a fusion rifle. Especially when they make enemy melee so damaging.

I get home at that time (6PM PST) and have 3 characters to take through. I'm friends with Deku but do not have you on my FL yet.

PSN: coyquettish

No worries if you have other plans setup!

Yes, but you're raiding with us at that time

ahem

I promise I won't steal!

At least you got a great prize to end your dry spell.

It really was! That takes me to 19/24 exotics! Just need that damn Vex to complete the OG Destiny crew, have not received any of the 5 new ones (No Land Beyond, Dragons Breath, 4th Horseman, Necrochasm)

Are those the only The Dark Below exotics?

How many Gjallarhorn drops does it make it today? I count like 5 or 6 at least. I think I will either be the last to get it or the only one who never does. Probably the latter.

My 6 (3 characters twice) first raid chests:

6x Radiant Energies
6x Radiant Shards
1x Class Item

Last week was all shards, this week was all energies. Funny coincidence.
I do like the fly wing cloak I got today with my Hunter from soloing the abyss.

Top Bottom