• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

LTWood12

Quick question. Trying to level up my second titan to level 20 as fast as possible. On level 12 now. If I invite my friend into the hardest version of the story missions, and I don't get many kills, is that still a faster way to level than doing lower level missions and actually contributing.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Coconut

Banned
Quick question. Trying to level up my second titan to level 20 as fast as possible. On level 12 now. If I invite my friend into the hardest version of the story missions, and I don't get many kills, is that still a faster way to level than doing lower level missions and actually contributing.

Strikes and bounties, bounties and strikes.

X-Frame

Picture from Reddit of someone with full Warlock Raid Gear:

xZ2nTnC.jpg

recks

Got Hakwmoon from a strike yesterday (I can finally stop annoying people about it!) got Raid Gauntlets and Helmet for my Warlock today, and I also got enough shards to upgrade everything and hit lv32.

Best loot week ever :D

Bounties, crucible matches and strikes.

Meckaj

Neo Member
Lucked in to a Crota run and managed to kill him too and landed the Black Hammer.

Now earlier on I read someone mentioning that the Hive Disruptor perk breaks the White Nail perk because of the white damage caused by Hive Disruptor. Can anyone confirm that this is true? Just so I'll know not to pick the perk up until they fix it.

On the topic of shotguns being awful in PvE, they definitely need to do something about it since the last place you usually want to be in is the melee range of an enemy. I'd suggest just adding an innate perk on all shotguns that make every non-guardian kill grant a shield comparable to Force Barrier. That way you might at least survive long enough to do some damage.

I'm afraid the Hunter helmet is gonna be even uglier. ;_;

Someone just got in on the run I was in and it was definitely better than the warlock one. Thought it was probably the best one out of all the raid helmets. Didn't take a screenshot though : /

Spiders

Completed Crota's End in 70 minutes, and got gauntlets and chest. My warlock now has everything he needs to get to lvl 32 and looks sexy as fuck.

Then I did some nightfall and got Dragon's Breath!

Today was a good day.

Good question. It depends on how many kills you get credit for. If you stick close to your buddy, you should get credit for the kill regardless if the killing blow comes from you or not.

Someone correct me if that's wrong.

phen0m24

Haha, I'm curious to see what the full Titan set looks like. I'm sure there are some promo pics of it though.

If it looks like a GWAR concert attendee, I will only wear it under protest.

Heck, I'm wearing the stupid Titan helmet with the Shrek Horns - smh

So after finishing Eris' missions, 2 of the quests, some bounties and running Crota's End once (haven't beaten it yet), here are some thoughts on things that I would’ve done differently in order to make the grind not so tedious in order to reach levels 31/32. If you haven’t played anything from The Dark Below and don’t want to be spoiled, do not read.

Legendary Armour

Vault of Glass Gear should’ve been upgradeable to reach level 31 and make the new Vanguard Gear cap at Level 30. That would ensure seasoned raiders would not feel their hard earned gear is practically obsolete, and it would give new players more justification to play Vault of Glass other than to grind shards/energies. That would give everyone 2 raids to grind out Levels 31, as opposed to just one.

Legendary Weapons

Vault of Glass weapons should’ve been upgradable to 331 attack. Or at the very least 323, like the Vex Mythoclast.  This I think is reasonable because many would agree that some VoG weapons like Fate Bringer and Corrective Measure are much better than some comparable Exotics. And, it would also ensure that your raid weapons and efforts to rank them up are not wasted.

Exotic Armour & Weapons

Having to re-up Exotic Gear is also a bit harsh, especially considering the ridiculous amounts of XP needed to unlock upgrades on Exotics, particularly weapons. Instead of giving us a brand new weapon or armour piece, I would prefer to pay one exotic shard to have Xur add 3 more nodes to my weapon or piece, and then charge glimmer and one exotic shard per upgrade. This would allow you to take advantage of your gear’s special abilities, and grinding for coins in order to buy exotic shards is not as tedious as grinding XP. I only have one character and have gotten up to 20 coins in one week. I think this would still make it challenging to upgrade your exotic gear, but you would not feel like you’re starting from scratch.

New Raid Gear

The new raid gear allows you to reach level 32, however one of the things that made it easier to upgrade raid gear or any other legendary gear, were the multiple avenues available to obtain ascendant materials (raid, public events, nightfall, daily heroic, engrams, vendor packages or dismantling unwanted gear). With the update, there’s only two places to obtain radiant shards or radiant energies; the new raid or trading with Eris. This makes it a major pain in the ass to upgrade raid gear. Currently there are 3 loot drops and 2 chests in Crota’s End (correct me if I missed any), and let’s assume you get radiant shards on every single drop and chest, that’s about 10-12 total radiant shards, which is only enough for one upgrade. If you’re really lucky, you may get 15 shards which is good for 2 upgrades, but this is Bungie we’re talking about here. I think a good alternative to the Raid would be for Eris to have more quests or missions that reward you with radiant materials. Also, it would be good if ranking her up, gave you a package with radiant materials, a runed core or an embalming orb. All materials relevant to the The Dark Below.

Crota’s End Raid

My only gripe (I know, I’ve been bitching a lot lol) about the new raid is that when compared to Vault of Glass, there isn’t as much variety in encounters, boss fights or level design. I think it’s definitely harder than Vault of Glass but not because of the mechanics or strategies needed, but because the enemies are basically overpowered, and that seems like an easy and lazy approach in order to make it harder. I feel like Vault of Glass was more challenging in terms of the different strategies (not including cheesing), that could be used in order to beat it, whereas Crota’s End is pretty straight forward. Again, the challenging part are the higher level enemies.

So let me know what you think, if you agree or disagree, all comments are welcomed :)

But I have to do all the story missions on that character to unlock all the end-game content correct?
When I power level my titan, I didn't finish the story missions. I did up to the moon and some of Venus until I was around level 12 then played cruicble until I hit level 20. I skipped around the Venus missions and did the only that unlock Mars. Have not don't the Mars mission and a few Venus missions still.

Are any of the new legendary weapons from the Vanguard of Crucible people worth buying? Haven't really looked too closely at them cause I don't really want to farm up the marks, but if there's something great I might bother.

Anyone up to Nightfall?
I'm gonna start it in about 5 minutes, feel free to add me on PSN (bownser88) and join the fireteam. I'm gonna do weekly and daily mission after that.

Top Bottom