• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Daemul

i'm starting to accept that the majority of the armor in this game is going to look hideous. if it's not loud and tacky, it's mismatched, pretentious and at times downright silly. if you want to look good you're going to be way below the level cap.

I am seriously considering just keeping my current, good looking level 31 vendor armour and making it my main piece of gear, whilst only switching it out for the ugly Raid gear when I'm actually doing the Raid.

The difference in design quality between the vendor gear and the raid gear is amazing, I wouldn't be surprised it two different teams designed them. At least I hope so, otherwise something's going on there.

Nuszka

Looking for a raid on CE as i can't seem to find anyone from my current groups online. If anyone needs a titan 31 let me know , psn same as gaf id.

Tip to those trying to use scout or pulse rifles in the crucible, play a defensive role and camp the section of the map which allows the most visible corners from your location, let your team rush.

So far it's worked out well for me but not all maps have good locations to camp in.

Stay outside on firebase delphi
Stay near the cliff edges on the mercuary map
You can get a really good angle on A from C on the map with water around it, no one expects it too.

I am seriously considering just keeping my current, good looking level 31 vendor armour and making it my main piece of gear, whilst only switching it out for the ugly Raid gear when I'm actually doing the Raid.

The difference in design quality between the vendor gear and the raid gear is amazing, I wouldn't be surprised it two different teams designed them. At least I hope so, otherwise something's going on there.

yup, there's some really awesome looking gear but most of it is rare. or when i find something i like, it doesn't have the perks i need. and then the shader makes one part look good and the rest really ugly.

this is the new raid shader. love the hood. love the gold. fuck the white.

5HDV6eW.jpg

yup, there's some really awesome looking gear but most of it is rare. or when i find something i like, it doesn't have the perks i need. and then the shader makes one part look good and the rest really ugly.

5HDV6eW.jpg
Meh
Dat ass doh

Fitts

Why the heck don't the Iron Banner bounties change? Last time we got one for auto rifle headshots every day. Here we are at another round, and yet again it's the same auto rifle bounty. Despite having a 300 Suros I just don't enjoy using them.

Daemul

5HDV6eW.jpg

LOL! @ the Raid shader, I deleted that ugly POS. It just doesn't suit the Titan armour well at all.

SkylineRKR

Are you running three of the same class? That sounds like a lot of dupes and time to xp level said dupes.

only 2. I got the legs last weekend. Today I got Legs, 2 gauntlets and 1 body armor. I am going to shard the ones with the lesser buffs. Though I think its cool that armor this time actually has different perks (gaunts can come with either Hive Destroyer or another.. got both).

Maxing of armor can be done within the day. Equip them at the same time (they're legendaries) and run ROC and deliver bounties.

I've also got a maxed Swordbreaker (maxed and with perks activated until Hive disruptor), I could shard it if needed.

Daemul

Why did Bungie get rid of the option to trade materials for marks? Now I'm stuck having to play with imbeciles in PvP. I swear to god this gun better be fucking worth all this pain.

Sullichin

My experience with some of the new legendaries so far:

For the People: Great in Crucible, great for the headshot IB bounty. Sadly outclassed by Suros but only barely really, I think. Use stability or hammer forged in PVP or enjoy a massive 56 magazine with field scout in PVE

B-Line Trauma: My dropped version has outlaw which is amazing with chain of woe. It feels like a legendary version of MIDA but a bit clunkier. I like it.

Three Little Words: Got a full auto variant and it's pretty good; can kill in three bursts in PVP.

Harms Way: as good as any LMG with a stability mod in PVP, so it's good

Nothing comes close to Thorn in crucible though

SkylineRKR

Yeah. I have a crucible Hunter helmet that looks fricking amazing compared to the Exotics and Raid stuff.

I'm down! I'm pretty much unspoiled. Level 31 Warlock

Psn: captscience

Need 2 more for a non spoiled/first time raid party to run Crota's End tonight at 7PM CT (PS4). Any classes welcome - must be at least level 30.

Spots Available:

1. Me (Leonidas2123)
2. Apolloson
3. Awaitingboost
4. captscience
5. _______
6. _______

Please, only people who have not yet attempted the raid and did not reach and/or watch how to progress, as we are wanting to run this spoiler free. If we can't end up completing it tonight we can organize more attempts during the week/weekend.

allday247

Banned
Err wow. So just ran nightfall with some friends and one of them picked up the upgraded suros. Then decided to grab first chest in the corta raid. Same guy gets an upgraded ice breaker. Damn! All I got was shards :(

Happy for the guy though as he didn't have either of those.

Anyone running crota's end raid in the next hour on PS4? I would like to join please! PM me if you add me!

I'm level 30 warlock and I've never done it before.

PSN: kb8to24

Top Bottom