• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Qwell

looking for one or 2 for nightfall x3 and weekly x3 starting in 2 hours

psn v1br4t1ons message me with psn.
It might be a little longer for me (my commute sucks) but if you have room I can definitely join for that. We are friends already so I'll look for you when I get home, hopefully 4:30 to 4:45 pacific. PSN = Qwell

SkylineRKR

Crota's End isn't that good imo. At first I thought it was great. But I still like VoG to this day and I doubt I still enjoy CE after 3 months of playing.

I ran it 4 times or so (3 times fully legit, one bridge cheese), and its nothing special. Its difficulty is a bit on par with VoG Heroic, but then with revives. That will probably change when everyone is 32. VoG entry level was 26 and on-level with its harder enemies was 28. Which was easy to achieve, and even 29 was easy to achieve because you could reach it without going into the Raid at all. Crota lets you deal with level 32 enemies while its almost impossible to be level 32 already unless you grind Story mode all week on dupes. So yeah, you're underleveled.

Its very very short also.

Posted for new page:

Me and 2 others are planning on doing a first time Crota's End Raid tonight at around 7PM CT (PS4).

We are trying to keep this group "pure" as in, only players who have not yet attempted the new Raid, and we will be avoiding looking online for any help in progressing in order to preserve figuring things out ourselves (with the exception of finding chests, most likely).

If anyone is interested, please quote this and reply or PM me and we can get you in on the group! Any classes welcome - must be at least level 30.

Spots Open:

1.____
2.____
3.____

Daemul

Well, it's been nice this past week with people buying new gear and looking more distinct from each other, but now with everyone getting all the Raid pieces, we're back to all looking the fucking same.

Bungie pls, add transmogrification. I don't want to give up the current and unique look. I also don't want to wear that ugly ass Titan armour, with the exception of the chest plate, it does not look nice at all. I refuse to wear those gauntlets.

RickD

Boom! God dam baller horn from that first raid chest!
Now to see what the fuss is about

In about three weeks when it's levelled up lol

LTWood12

When I power level my titan, I didn't finish the story missions. I did up to the moon and some of Venus until I was around level 12 then played cruicble until I hit level 20. I skipped around the Venus missions and did the only that unlock Mars. Have not don't the Mars mission and a few Venus missions still.

So if I'm decent at crucible, that's definitely a faster way to level?

Crota's End isn't that good imo. At first I thought it was great. But I still like VoG to this day and I doubt I still enjoy CE after 3 months of playing.

I ran it 4 times or so (3 times fully legit, one bridge cheese), and its nothing special. Its difficulty is a bit on par with VoG Heroic, but then with revives. That will probably change when everyone is 32. VoG entry level was 26 and on-level with its harder enemies was 28. Which was easy to achieve, and even 29 was easy to achieve because you could reach it without going into the Raid at all. Crota lets you deal with level 32 enemies while its almost impossible to be level 32 already unless you grind Story mode all week on dupes. So yeah, you're underleveled.

Its very very short also.

vault of glass would be a much better length if so much time wasn't spent in the templar's well. by the end of the templar fight, everyone's exhausted, especially if there were repeated wipes.

SkylineRKR

Thats why there are saves. VoG will mostly be completed within one sitting, but it doesn't have to be. The platforming was a bit poor, but also a break from the action. We usually fooled around somewhat, tried to find things.

By the time everyone gets enough radiant shards to upgrade their new armor, House of Wolves will be out.

Nah. Its a matter of getting Eris to level 4, and maxing my dupe Raid Gear (5 shards a pop, have gaunts and legs double). I have over 20 Shards already, after 4 Raid runs. I also have about 20 energies. That can be converted when you're level 4.

Looks like you can get the new exotics without having the DLC? Just got the hunter boots from the nightfall. They're cool but that Symbiote too good THO ;(

I'm afraid the Hunter helmet is gonna be even uglier. ;_;

i'm starting to accept that the majority of the armor in this game is going to look hideous. if it's not loud and tacky, it's mismatched, pretentious and at times downright silly. if you want to look good you're going to be way below the level cap.

So if I'm decent at crucible, that's definitely a faster way to level?
I consider myself a better than average player. I can power level to level 20 in about ~7 hours from what I remember doing my alt hunter, warlock and titan. Might be less or more however. Everyone has bad games sometimes :p

Shito

Finally got that first chest, and solo'ed the two first phases afterwards.
Only got energies.
"Yeah".

Can't say I deserve much more trying to cheese it, though... ^^

Me and 3 others (possibly 4, awaiting a reply) are planning on doing a first time Crota's End Raid tonight at around 7PM CT (PS4).

We are trying to keep this group "pure" as in, only players who have not yet attempted the new Raid, and we will be avoiding looking online for any help in progressing in order to preserve figuring things out ourselves (with the exception of finding chests, most likely).

If anyone is interested, please quote this and reply or PM me and we can get you in on the group! Any classes welcome - must be at least level 30.

I'm down! I'm pretty much unspoiled. Level 31 Warlock

Psn: captscience

Its so easy to go from loving this game to being angry at it. Finished the nightfall and I saw I got an exotic called Radiant Dance Machines. No idea what that was and waited for the reward screen to show up and it's hunter exotic boots, I'm a warlock so that really pissed me off instantly.

Jump into the weekly right after that and I get a legendary helm engram, and it decrypts into a hunter helm. That's bullshit, that kind of roll should not happen twice in a row. That makes no damn sense.

Also just looking at it Radiant Dance Machines might be the worst exotic in the game. There is really nothing I see that seems useful about it.

Do the Warlocks really not have any exotic boots? What the hell Bungie why do you keep shitting on Warlocks?

Been sitting in the guest waiting room for 5hrs. My Grandpa made it through his surgery. :')
Best doctors in the US bar none.

Hey raid group think we could run the raid tomorrow again?

My Titan is sitting at 26, just at the cusp of 27. I need to hurry up an upgrade some of his stuff so I can run the Nightfall/Weekly with my Hunter and pop him in at the end.

Its so easy to go from loving this game to being angry at it. Finished the nightfall and I saw I got an exotic called Radiant Dance Machines. No idea what that was and waited for the reward screen to show up and it's hunter exotic boots, I'm a warlock so that really pissed me off instantly.

Jump into the weekly right after that and I get a legendary helm engram, and it decrypts into a hunter helm. That's bullshit, that kind of roll should not happen twice in a row. That makes no damn sense.

Also just looking at it Radiant Dance Machines might be the worst exotic in the game. There is really nothing I see that seems useful about it.

Do the Warlocks really not have any exotic boots? What the hell Bungie why do you keep shitting on Warlocks?

Obviously the game is
doing you a favor and
trying to tell you to make a Hunter.
#masterrace

Thats why there are saves. VoG will mostly be completed within one sitting, but it doesn't have to be. The platforming was a bit poor, but also a break from the action. We usually fooled around somewhat, tried to find things.

Nah. Its a matter of getting Eris to level 4, and maxing my dupe Raid Gear (5 shards a pop, have gaunts and legs double). I have over 20 Shards already, after 4 Raid runs. I also have about 20 energies. That can be converted when you're level 4.

Are you running three of the same class? That sounds like a lot of dupes and time to xp level said dupes.

Greenymac

Everyone in GreenyMac's raid group....Im home from the office and ready to roll after getting my head right...I still havent gotten confirmation from Tyson so if I dont hear from him in about half hour Xplicit is in as first alternate. Prepare thyselves guardians, Crota awaits...

Top Bottom