• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Deku Tree

Not sure. I'm waiting to upgrade mine with Xur before I starting putting XP it. I've had the damn sitting in my bank since October. First I had to wait for the retooling patch, now I have to wait for Xur.

Bungie, please.

Yup. Really bad timing buffing it before all exotics got a effective nerf. I just got another bounty for it and I'm thinking about doing it and sharing the old one.

I need 24 more strikes............... da grind

Do the nightfall a few times. It counts for extra.

Need 2 more for a non spoiled/first time raid party to run Crota's End tonight at 7PM CT (PS4). Any classes welcome - must be at least level 30.

Spots Available:

1. Me (Leonidas2123)
2. Apolloson
3. Awaitingboost
4. captscience
5. _______
6. _______

Please, only people who have not yet attempted the raid and did not reach and/or watch how to progress, as we are wanting to run this spoiler free. If we can't end up completing it tonight we can organize more attempts during the week/weekend.

Are you guys still looking for someone? Add me if you guys are. PSN kb8to24

Edit: Actually never mind I don't think I can do that time.

only 2. I got the legs last weekend. Today I got Legs, 2 gauntlets and 1 body armor. I am going to shard the ones with the lesser buffs. Though I think its cool that armor this time actually has different perks (gaunts can come with either Hive Destroyer or another.. got both).

Maxing of armor can be done within the day. Equip them at the same time (they're legendaries) and run ROC and deliver bounties.

I've also got a maxed Swordbreaker (maxed and with perks activated until Hive disruptor), I could shard it if needed.

I feel like I get punished for trying to run all three classes like they push with the "roll a random class". I barley get anything upgraded bouncing around from toon to toon. I bought a bunch of vendor stuff for my Warlock, and started working on that, but then I got the free arms for my Hunter and switched focus. Now I'm trying to get the free arms for my Titan, while giving the other two some love, and trying to find raids, and not getting armor from raids, and now debating on buying some more vendor stuff since I didn't get raid armor, but probably trying for raid stuff again, but wait, back to farming ass mats, or class mats...faction rep, and vangaurd rep, and Eris rep...ugh. I'm on the verge of deleting one so I can just level it and have fun again.

skip

looking to knock out a Nightfall run, 30 Warlock

PSN: Okonoko

I guess there are tons of "okonoko" related search results, mine is just straight up "Okonoko"

Yup. Really bad timing buffing it before all exotics got a effective nerf. I just got another bounty for it and I'm thinking about doing it and sharing the old one.

Do the nightfall a few times. It counts for extra.

Nightfall counts more than one?
Got until Saturday when Xur still around to get them all in

hydruxo

Really no point in grinding IB this time around for me. Only thing I'm somewhat interested in is the sniper but even then, I got Black Hammer the other day so I don't feel like getting all the way up to rank 4 for a similar but less useful sniper.

Daemul

I forgot to mention that I FINALLY got the Pocket Infinity bounty today, after I had long given up hope of ever getting it. I was actually planning on dismantling all 10 of the rare fusion rifles I had saved for it, since they were taking up half my vault, but RNG decided to bless me.

Thanks to all my prior preparation the bounty didn't take me more than 40 mins to complete. Saving the rare fusions rifles and using the cheat method to farm 200 nightfall kills made it very easy.

Let's now hope that this fusion rifle is as good as Hawkain says it is.

Deku Tree

I'm surprised there is a noticeable amount of 32's in IB. So many people willing to play story mode over and over 4-5 or more times just to delete the character and do it again just for the shards.

What tactic would this be?

I hope this happens eventually. :)

He was running his Titan last night. So instead of us all burning Crota down immediately we ended up taking him down using primaries and a single Gjallahorn round for the first hit. Second was two more Gjallahorn rockets. He was able to land between 8 and 9 sword hits each time. Also saved us the heavy ammo so we could use it on the sword bearer.

Also that was the most laid back raid group I've ever been a part of. Nobody was getting mad even though we had a few wipes. It was enjoyable being able to joke the whole time too.

I'm surprised there is a noticeable amount of 32's in IB. So many people willing to play story mode over and over 4-5 or more times just to delete the character and do it again just for the shards.

Why torture yourself by playing the story mode all over again (granted I plan to make a Warlock and Titan in 2015 so I'll have to play everything again unfortunately).

I'm level 31 with 1 max out new exotic, 1 maxed out new raid gear, and 2 other pieces of raid gear (I have enough to max out another one but I want better stats right now). . I should be level 32 by next week if I get the shards and stats I want or if I hit level 4 with Eris. No need to keep on making new characters.

Daemul

Fuck that shit, I have better things to do with my life.

First nightfall on my main: 5 strange coins. Right before I finish it on my alt I say to Sleepy and Mandrake, "I'm going to get 8 ascendant shards". What do I get? 8 motherfucking shards.

Sigh, this game sometimes...

X-Frame

How do you establish who the host is when running the raid? Is it who the Fireteam leader is? Or who everyone joins on when joining fire teams?

phen0m24

I feel like I get punished for trying to run all three classes like they push with the "roll a random class". I barley get anything upgraded bouncing around from toon to toon. I bought a bunch of vendor stuff for my Warlock, and started working on that, but then I got the free arms for my Hunter and switched focus. Now I'm trying to get the free arms for my Titan, while giving the other two some love, and trying to find raids, and not getting armor from raids, and now debating on buying some more vendor stuff since I didn't get raid armor, but probably trying for raid stuff again, but wait, back to farming ass mats, or class mats...faction rep, and vangaurd rep, and Eris rep...ugh. I'm on the verge of deleting one so I can just level it and have fun again.
This.

That's what they want you to do though. They're all about having the player base continue to grind for as long as possible.

Mrgamer

It might be a little longer for me (my commute sucks) but if you have room I can definitely join for that. We are friends already so I'll look for you when I get home, hopefully 4:30 to 4:45 pacific. PSN = Qwell

Ill be doing the raid chests first then.
Join me when you get on.

Fuck that. I need to remind myself those people likely don't have a wife and kids plus a full time busy job.

32 will come

Deku Tree

Playing three different classes is too much grind for me but I like getting three rolls at loot each week so when I got a second set of raid gear I created a second warlock and when I got lucky getting 3 out of four pieces of new armor for a Hunter I created one of those too.

Top Bottom