• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

JoeTonic

Neo Member
None of the weapons or gear has been updated in the VoG. This includes exotics. It still drops the old versions.

Hmm, not sure how I feel about this. I guess it's good because everyone doesn't have to re-run the the VoG an deal with its shitty RNG again, but at the same time I really feel like there should be an 'exotic shard' equivalent for legendaries.

Fuck, make it DLC exclusive, or a drop from Crota's end or something. Without it Bungie are risking creating a culture where all raid legendaries get thrown away every 3 months when the new DLC comes out, and are replaced by vendor legendaries. Dunno. Feels quite cheap to tell a player "holy shit this gun is the best, you've beaten the hardest thing ever", only to have a vendor turn up casually with a superior gun a month or two later.

Haha, great post! And I agree completely. Can you imagine doing that part every week or even 3x a week if you have 3 appropriately leveled characters. Unless there are strategies that we've yet to discover, it seems there is very little room for error as just 1 death could mean a wipe and it'll just be stressful each time.

However, one thing I am thinking now is that maybe if the deaths aren't too sudden and at the beginning -- if we can just leave them behind (just for that section) and the remaining just keep going. If just 1 person needs to make it "to the light" then I'd imagine only 1 person technically needs to make it to the bridge. Of course anyone but a Saint-14 Defender or a Sunsinger would likely get overrun in a second, but my point is if 3 or 4 people remain at that point and then it can be done.

My thought process is that 1 death causes everyone to stop and then get overrun for minutes. If those that are safe just keep going it may only take 5 minutes to get to the end and with little hassle. Thoughts? If too many die then the end defending section will be harder but I think the way it allows for just 1 person to make it to the light for everyone to progress means they intended for people to be left behind.

The attempt that we made it across on was far from clean!

Strider

I didn't expect the VoG weapons to get a damage buff but I was really surprised to find that even the old exotics dropped in the VoG... Figured they would just remove the old exotics altogether.

Zakalwe

Banned
Need one more for CE run from the start.

Five of us sitting at the begging of the lantern run right now.

Psn: astropoff

Edit: full!

ocean

Banned
Yep. Still worth running VoG to get Fatebringer, Praedyth's Timepiece, and Epilogue if people don't already have them.
Timepiece never dropped for me :( only VoG loot I don't own. Still, never liked Pulse Rifles.

I need a 331 Fatebringer though. It is The Exploder of Thrall. Nothing compares :(

Hoodbury

Haha, great post! And I agree completely. Can you imagine doing that part every week or even 3x a week if you have 3 appropriately leveled characters. Unless there are strategies that we've yet to discover, it seems there is very little room for error as just 1 death could mean a wipe and it'll just be stressful each time.

However, one thing I am thinking now is that maybe if the deaths aren't too sudden and at the beginning -- if we can just leave them behind (just for that section) and the remaining just keep going. If just 1 person needs to make it "to the light" then I'd imagine only 1 person technically needs to make it to the bridge. Of course anyone but a Saint-14 Defender or a Sunsinger would likely get overrun in a second, but my point is if 3 or 4 people remain at that point and then it can be done.

My thought process is that 1 death causes everyone to stop and then get overrun for minutes. If those that are safe just keep going it may only take 5 minutes to get to the end and with little hassle. Thoughts? If too many die then the end defending section will be harder but I think the way it allows for just 1 person to make it to the light for everyone to progress means they intended for people to be left behind.

Are you trying to come up with any possible way to leave me behind? :p

LiK

I never got FateBringer. I would love to replay Hard VoG just to see if I get that. If anyone will help, that would be great. Should be easier for you 31s!

LTWood12

I never got FateBringer. I would love to replay Hard VoG just to see if I get that. If anyone will help, that would be great. Should be easier for you 31s!

Last week I got Fatebringer, Praedyth's Timepiece, and Praetorian's Foil in one run. Friend running it w/ me got FB, PF, and Hard Light. I still need the Mythoclast and VoC.

Tawpgun

First Impressions on No Land Beyond:

6 clip bolt action means a lot of time is spent in the reload animation.

Iron sights are kind of busy and often occlude things while ads.

Looks cool.

Takes my primary slot which could go to more efficient weapons

I'm really trying to find a reason this gun exists.

For dank ass montage clips man.

1068732_o.gif

quickscope-madness-o.gif

tumblr_lz5p0uv3Um1qhbgo9o1_500.gif

I think it's just the glimmer and the Exotic Shard. 7 Coins is what that Exotic Shard will sell for though.

I had 2 old Invective, one more upgraded than the other. The more upgraded one gave me 2 Exotic Shards when I sharded it while the less upgraded one gave me only 1.

(don't worry, I submitted a new Invective bounty post-DLC)

I would recomend sharded excessive unused Exotic Weapons. If you sat on an exotic weapon and never played it, never upgraded, never liked it. Then shard it for shards.

I sharded my old Invectives because I worked to get a new one when the Bounty became available last week

LordofPwn

That's what I meant but it's all bullshit anyway.

Hey peeps from my awesome raid group last night. When is everyone free to finish the new raid?

1. LordofPwn - today-friday after 8pm PST / Anytime Saturday
2. DairyZeus - anytime after 3:30 PST / Anytime Saturday
3. Rodiard - anytime after 3PM PST / Anytime Saturday
4. DarlyMR - today after 5:30 PST / Thursday after 6 PST / Anytime Friday - Sunday
5. Zocano -
6. The Mango Sentinel (EyelessOrphan) - 1pm - 10pm PST Thurs-Fri / Anytime Saturday - Sunday

Top Bottom