• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Stantron

He was running his Titan last night. So instead of us all burning Crota down immediately we ended up taking him down using primaries and a single Gjallahorn round for the first hit. Second was two more Gjallahorn rockets. He was able to land between 8 and 9 sword hits each time. Also saved us the heavy ammo so we could use it on the sword bearer.

So weapons of light, then spam Crota with primaries + one ghorn rocket. WoL should last both rounds I assume. Why do you fire two ghorn rockets the second time? Does he have more shield the second time?
A group I was in yesterday took him down consistently with 3 ghorn rockets and some sniper fire for both first and second rounds. If one of us was out of heavy, another would fire an extra.

8-9 hits. I assume mostly melee (not RT) hits.

I want to try a tactic to leave a bunch of orbs of light between the sword bearer and Crota so that when the guardian sword wielder picks up the sword, (s)he can be super charged on her way up to the platform.

The Crucible is indeed no place for mercy... :(

mP4dXMC.jpg

That's what they want you to do though. They're all about having the player base continue to grind for as long as possible.

Dont understand this mindset...3 characters with 3 different playstyles is quite fun. So what if they are not fully maxed, I have 3, hunter is 27, warlock 30, titan at 31. I play with all of them, not as equally but I have fun with all. I am trying to get hunter to 30 but it will take time but its not like its mandatory.

The biggest problem is that I like them all. Every time I try to get one of them up to 31, I find some reason to work on a different one. I just wish there was some mechanic that let those of us who want variety to have the same perks as those who level three of the same. The ability to focus on one set of gear that can be shared among three characters and leveled by all three is a huge advantage.

Dont understand this mindset...3 characters with 3 different playstyles is quite fun. So what if they are not fully maxed, I have 3, hunter is 27, warlock 30, titan at 31. I play with all of them, not as equally but I have fun with all. I am trying to get hunter to 30 but it will take time but its not like its mandatory.

I feel the same way. When I first started playing I had 3 warlocks and got to 30 quick but now I have 3 characters of different classes and It's so much better. I don't care If i don't hit 32 the first week or even month. I play at my own pace now and not treat it like a job. It's so much more fun

ruin wings is so good. +3 ammo per drop for gjallarhorn and tons of heavy ammo drops

I have the raid boots which allow me to carry more ammo for heavies so I get 7 rounds for Gjallarhorn + 4 rockets per purple drop. I'm getting spoiled with it cause it sucks when I play with my hunter/warlock and only get 2 per drop

Daemul

*sigh* Time to enter the Crucible and farm some marks. I'm sticking with rumble, it's quicker and I won't have people weighing me down and pissing me off.

So weapons of light, then spam Crota with primaries + one ghorn rocket. WoL should last both rounds I assume. Why do you fire two ghorn rockets the second time? Does he have more shield the second time?
A group I was in yesterday took him down consistently with 3 ghorn rockets and some sniper fire for both first and second rounds. If one of us was out of heavy, another would fire an extra.

8-9 hits. I assume mostly melee (not RT) hits.

I want to try a tactic to leave a bunch of orbs of light between the sword bearer and Crota so that when the guardian sword wielder picks up the sword, (s)he can be super charged on her way up to the platform.

We didn't even use weapons of light on Crota; we saved our bubbles for the ogres and for the right side right after the ogre fight. The reason for two Ghorn rockets on the second set is to maximize sword time

Reposting for new page:

MisterAnderson said:
Need 1 more for a non spoiled/first time raid party to run Crota's End tonight at 7PM CT (PS4). Any classes welcome - must be at least level 30.

Spots Available:

1. Me (Leonidas2123)
2. Apolloson
3. Awaitingboost
4. captscience
5. bucyou55
6. _______

Please, only people who have not yet attempted the raid and did not read and/or watch how to progress, as we are wanting to run this spoiler free. If we can't end up completing it tonight we can organize more attempts during the week/weekend.

I feel the same way. When I first started playing I had 3 warlocks and got to 30 quick but now I have 3 characters of different classes and It's so much better. I don't care If i don't hit 32 the first week or even month. I play at my own pace now and not treat it like a job. It's so much more fun

My awakening is the same, just later and reversed. I thought getting three to 30 would help and make me more useful during the push to 32. I've come to the conclusion that it was a waste of xp and mats just to hinder my progression to 31.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
To the teams I shall eventually play Iron Banner with:

Firebase Delphi: IF YOU SPAWN C, IMMEDIATELY RUSH FOR A! WE DON'T WANT C! IGNORE IT AT ALL COSTS EXCEPT ONLY TO NEUTRALIZE IT! DON'T CAPTURE IT UNLESS WE HOLD ONE ZONE AND THE ENEMY TEAM TIES OUR LEAD

Blind Watch: Same goes for A. C is the most important zone. Don't ever make a B push until we're near C.

Shores of Time: We don't want A. Ever. A spawn sucks. Everybody go for C.

Twilight Gap: A and B.

Rusted Lands: A and B. DON'T GO ANYWHERE NEAR C OR THEY'LL SPAWN BEHIND US

Exodus Blue: Fuck, I don't fucking know. Depends on your team.

If we're going to be facing more competitive teams, you have to know when to play passively and when to play aggressively. When you hold 2 zones, there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to play aggressive. If you push into their zone, they will spawn behind you and you can lose.

OMG, common sense... thank you! Playing with randoms is an exercise in frustration when they capture awful points that just hurt our team.

Ok 6:30 Raid Group is set!

1. GreenyMac
2. TysonBane -awaiting confirmation
3. arekkusu77
4. Mindlog
5. EroticSushi
6. DrDrizzay -master swordsman

Xplicitone coming for the save if Tyson/anyone cant make it or has to cancel...Thanks guys.
Really smooth run.

Terrible loot from Crota this week though.

- 3 Shards
- 3 Energy
- Ship + Shards

Top Bottom